[Dev Team] 2.8.0 (Butler) Patch Released [checksum ce2a]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Vanishing democratic leaders fix anyoneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Also, how can I get patch 2.8.1 on GOG? Changelog only mentions 2.8.0

Sorry, the beta patch is available on Steam only, due to the fact that it's the only platform that supports separate branches. I've updated the main post to reflect this :)

• 3Like
Reactions:
Disappointed that there isn't really anything to help late-game pop micromanagement. For me, that's the number one problem with the game.

Military AI is a close second, though, so I'm glad to see those fixes, and better performance is always welcome.

Reactions:
Disappointed that there isn't really anything to help late-game pop micromanagement. For me, that's the number one problem with the game.

Military AI is a close second, though, so I'm glad to see those fixes, and better performance is always welcome.

There's some modding help in the beta. A modder can adjust the number of pops before growth stops. When I next update my game (I'm running an old version tight now and will finish that game first), I'll play with it. It looks like a way to help colonies stop overpopulation at least.

Reactions:
I selected the beta patch on Steam and updated the game, but on the launcher I still see version "2.8.0".

Yes, we just realized that it says 2.8.0. But just make sure the checksum is "9dc4" and you should have the correct patch :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Sweet 2.8.1 :3

Reactions:
Have You changed undead army to be able to taken by pacifists, and origin by xenophiles?

Disappointed that there isn't really anything to help late-game pop micromanagement.
Mid to late game micromanagement and quality of life issues are major things that are being worked on. They need extensive iteration and testing though, so it'll take some time.

• 18Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Sorry, the beta patch is available on Steam only, due to the fact that it's the only platform that supports separate branches. I've updated the main post to reflect this :)
But GOG does support separate branches, both public and private. See the attached screenshot from GOG Galaxy for an example with Factorio and its experimental branch (public).

Attachments

• gog_branches.png
    gog_branches.png
    32,2 KB · Views: 0
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Is anyone else unable to use the empire creator post patch? Running 2.8 on steamplay (Ubuntu 20.04). Do not have the new Species pack yet. Clicking "Select" on Create New Empire Window or "Edit" on existing empire casuses game to freeze for a moment and then exit on a crash report prompt.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Is anyone else unable to use the empire creator post patch? Running 2.8 on steamplay (Ubuntu 20.04). Do not have the new Species pack yet. Clicking "Select" on Create New Empire Window or "Edit" on existing empire casuses game to freeze for a moment and then exit on a crash report prompt.

Hey, can you try verifying the game files and checking if that works? If not, please file a bug report with any crash logs that are generated.

Reactions:
Forgive my computer illiteracy, but how do I enable dx11 on Steam?

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start shell:AppsFolder\ParadoxInteractive.Stellaris-MicrosoftStoreEdition_zfnrdv2de78ny!App -dx11 isn't working. I'm getting this.
1603990870534.png