• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I made it odd because odd often? sometimes? is more believable than normal. And what is the fun in playing safe every time?

I thought I was going to get lynched very soon at that point. And I only intended it to work long enough so you would do an outing and maybe bring me a few goodie JL wannabees.

Was annoyed at you being being preemptied by mc but then at the initial contact instead overwhelmed at the amount of information we got. So all in all it did the trick.

True enough. I didn't expect so much info either :D :D We jumped to that JL quite fast.

I think you managed to constantly be in that coveted spot of fifth most wolfish player.
Eh, I had third wolfiest for most of the game I think, but then I just got eaten because the baddies knew I wasn't :p

My wolfdar was frustratingly just off all game. Thanks for being a good sport about it and sorry we couldn't get you to the end.

Naw, I believe in self-sacrifice.

I must clarify that though I did suspect sockpuppetry, as I do with any new ww player, it was for a different reason.

I think you had only replied to a Cliges post in your first game, thence my suspicions.

I'm pretty sure you're all real, though.

the wake of chaos is irresistible

Expressive Punctuation Pals is the name of my new clan.

One of my rules was that I put "locks" on pack traits until a certain amount of game time had lapsed. Only 1 pack could get a type of trait in the first 4 evolutions. So once Yakman rolled assassin night 0, no other baddie could get assassin for the next three nights.

Fair. I don't mean to say you didn't do anything to ration traits or prevent the build up of certain traits.

True enough. I didn't expect so much info either :D :D We jumped to that JL quite fast.
That's because in the 10 minutes before deadline, I had heard from the priest, so I see a group of two people contact me with a baddie name and think, "Oh hey, that must be the seer and his apprentice!" Was so busy trying to pass on information in case I got hunted that I didn't realize it wasn't until it was too late. By then you knew everyone so I had to roll with it and have you both in the JL.

That's because in the 10 minutes before deadline, I had heard from the priest, so I see a group of two people contact me with a baddie name and think, "Oh hey, that must be the seer and his apprentice!" Was so busy trying to pass on information in case I got hunted that I didn't realize it wasn't until it was too late. By then you knew everyone so I had to roll with it and have you both in the JL.

That explains how the leak happens. Makes sense. Just unfortunate that it went to a wolf.

Thanks for hosting DBW! First time I’ve seen in JL action. Surprised to see how quick things progressed.
Thanks, culaan, for your noble sacrifice, and also thanks homeworld pack for making me not feel useless despite playing terribly. That was a really fun game and it was nice to be a good guy this time.
That's a good point. The Culann hunt was probably dumb in retrospect even without you padre-ing it. I feel like that was a really big turning point, at least from my perspective.
I mean it made sense since no one would have ever voted him but that's also why I stayed with him.
Culann was the bad combination of "very visible and probable padre target" and "not actually worth hunting."

So it actually worked? I got the trait on day 1, first time ever with a trait didn’t know how to effectively use it. I thought waiting was the better course of action at first. After thinking about it, if I used it, then post the results with the hope the wolves would over analyze it and hunt me. I was banking on the then unknown padre to pick up on it. Glad you did Mawofdoom! After I died I looked at the roster since I was above Euro figure the wolves didn’t target me but it appears my initial disappointment was unfounded.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I to the last hoped that MC would get hunted and turned.

Btw, I think that this was stacked in favour of the village. We hit all major goodies pretty much as fast as possible and yet, we didn' thave a chance. The Stockholm, had the reds actually agreed to it, would even still have been a long shot, but could perhaps have worked.

I was planning on merging both packs using robbers, but sadly we didn't know the other pack when we had our robber and I only realised too late that we could rob our own pack members.

Btw, we were in touch before aedan was shot. Graymarch then took over th contact, but apparently told my mates that he was a red wolf. Though, given how they managed to miss my PM posts naming the name of the sorc and the priest, then they might have missed what he meant.
(Yak and Capi, I had told you who was priest and who was sorc. I forwarded all information I had ot the pack PM. It had everything.

If evolved traits are gonna be used another time then I think that it shouldn't be allowed to state which night you got a trait. I very, very seriously considered reaching out to the JL, but ended up not doing it as 1) I was the very last of us to get a trait and when I got it I got SA, a very baddie trait that goodies keep getting lynched for having, so it'd be suspeicious for m to approach the JL with it, 2) I expected claimants to get scanned, and 3) then I expected to end up in some kind of standoff with the other claimants of that night, who no doubt would have better traits than my SA.

Btw, @johho888 I really don't get how you jknowing that the village knew about me was the reason that you didn't want to do a Stockholm. How would that preclude you from teaming up with my mates?
In the end then the way tou did it, where you told Graymarch that you were on, or at least were vague enough that Graymarch misunderstood and told me that you had agreed to a Stockholm, meant that I literally felt betrayed which was why I posted the post I did, hoping that it might help root out the red mole in the JL and hence hit red pack.
Had yu been clearrer on not wanting it, and espceially told me that I was dead meat already, then a lot of interpack aggression could ahve been avoided.
Btw, was I scanned days before I was outed? Because that's the only way I'd have been scanned, as after I got SA I only ever was scanned once, and that was Audren doing it, or so he claimed at least. But perhaps that actually was the priest...

No idea if it ended up being of any use. Was that post of mine of any use? It was all truths in it, well the treason wasn't, but I thought it was, but the rest was.

So uhh when’s the next game? :)
Whenever somebody decides to host one.
I might actually do it, as I've been in the mood for hosting a big again for a while. Might regret it after it starts, but I might well do it.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Btw, I think that this was stacked in favour of the village. We hit all major goodies pretty much as fast as possible and yet, we didn' thave a chance. The Stockholm, had the reds actually agreed to it, would even still have been a long shot, but could perhaps have worked.

You didn't have a chance because village played well. We communicated, we analyzed, and we stuck together, which made it obvious who wasn't doing this. This wasn't imbalanced for the goodies. We used very few traits very effectively.

If evolved traits are gonna be used another time then I think that it shouldn't be allowed to state which night you got a trait. I very, very seriously considered reaching out to the JL, but ended up not doing it as 1) I was the very last of us to get a trait and when I got it I got SA, a very baddie trait that goodies keep getting lynched for having, so it'd be suspeicious for m to approach the JL with it, 2) I expected claimants to get scanned, and 3) then I expected to end up in some kind of standoff with the other claimants of that night, who no doubt would have better traits than my SA.

Multiple villagers could get a trait each night. We had two villagers with SA, one was in the JL. You're thinking about this like a prepared set up where having SA seems wolfish, but in a game when anyone can evolve it then it's not that odd.

Btw, @johho888 I really don't get how you jknowing that the village knew about me was the reason that you didn't want to do a Stockholm. How would that preclude you from teaming up with my mates?
In the end then the way tou did it, where you told Graymarch that you were on, or at least were vague enough that Graymarch misunderstood and told me that you had agreed to a Stockholm, meant that I literally felt betrayed which was why I posted the post I did, hoping that it might help root out the red mole in the JL and hence hit red pack.
Had yu been clearrer on not wanting it, and espceially told me that I was dead meat already, then a lot of interpack aggression could ahve been avoided.
Btw, was I scanned days before I was outed? Because that's the only way I'd have been scanned, as after I got SA I only ever was scanned once, and that was Audren doing it, or so he claimed at least. But perhaps that actually was the priest...

No idea if it ended up being of any use. Was that post of mine of any use? It was all truths in it, well the treason wasn't, but I thought it was, but the rest was.

You were scanned before, yes.

And I dont think the game was unbalanced at all, just the JL was extraordinary effective.

• 2Like
Reactions:

I mean outright confirming a mole helped and knowing Cliges was next and we should ghost whisper his last scan made it pretty easy. I think I would have wanted johho cleared anyway but can't say what I'd have done without the confirmation.

johho scanned you night 1 or 2 or something, which I'm assuming was before you got SA. I think the JL may have known about you another way, but I don't know exactly how.

Yeah, ultimately, I think we just got really lucky. It happens from time to time.

So this isn’t typical of a JL to move this quickly?
No, this JL came together and rolled over the baddies exceptionally quickly. After Deathnote came out in public and named all remaining pack-aligned baddies, I was a bit surprised the remaining baddies didn't just give up considering how outnumbered they were. They had to bank on a cursed turn to win, and while it turned out there was one, it was a real Hail Mary play attempt.

Reactions: