• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Romanix90

Colonel
23 Badges
Feb 25, 2019
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
At the start of the game Mamluks are all ready powerfull. They have 2 decisions where they can either form Egypt or Arabia. Now for forming Egypt is quite reasonable. If you survive till tech 20 you can do it. They control much of Egypt so it's understandable why. But forming Arabia in my opinion should be available only for Arab minors where Mamluks, like Ottomans, would be excluded. Now that's only me.

Edit :

So here are my suggestions

1. Mamluks will be able to form Egypt

2. Egypt will mantain Mamluks Government reform and get new set of national ideas

The reason why am i suggesting this is because of the chalenge. For instance where's the chalenge in forming Arabia if you can do it easy way as Mamluks. Again this is only my point of view. What do you think ?

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0
The Ottomans and the other Turks can't form Arabia because they can form the empire-rank Rûm instead. Banning the Mamluks from forming an empire-rank tier to get a Levantine culture union makes no sense.

Arabia, in the game, represents a pan-Arab state that has unified the Arabs in the Levant, Syria, Iraq, the Arabian peninsula, and Egypt. It is not just limited to uniting the Arabian peninsula.

Reactions:
The Ottomans and the other Turks can't form Arabia because they can form the empire-rank Rûm instead. Banning the Mamluks from forming an empire-rank tier to get a Levantine culture union makes no sense.

Arabia, in the game, represents a pan-Arab state that has unified the Arabs in the Levant, Syria, Iraq, the Arabian peninsula, and Egypt. It is not just limited to uniting the Arabian peninsula.

I thought because they can all ready form Egypt and are all ready very powerfull nation that it would make sense to exclude them from this desicion, regardless of the fact that they share culture with other Arab states. But again i'm not against majority, purely a suggestion to see what do you fellow conquerors think.

Reactions:
I thought because they can all ready form Egypt and are all ready very powerfull nation that it would make sense to exclude them from this desicion, regardless of the fact that they share culture with other Arab states. But again i'm not against majority, purely a suggestion to see what do you fellow conquerors think.

Egypt is among one of the worst formables in the game. Forming Egypt as the Mamluks is actually terrible as it makes you lose the unique Mamluk governate reform. Mamluks being able to form both Egypt and Arabia is no different than Florence being able to form both Tuscany and Italy.

Reactions:
Egypt is among one of the worst formables in the game. Forming Egypt as the Mamluks is actually terrible as it makes you lose the unique Mamluk governate reform. Mamluks being able to form both Egypt and Arabia is no different than Florence being able to form both Tuscany and Italy.

Perhaps by allowing them to keep their Government reform and grant them new set of national ideas.

Reactions:
Egypt and Mamluks are both kingdom rank, whilst Arabia is empire rank. Forming Egypt can be seen as permanently crushing the mamlukes for good, as Ali Pasha did in 1811.
Egyptian is in the arabic culture group because it represents the Misra (arab descended) Egyptians. Whilst a ruler of Mamlukes may be of non-arabic origin, he might still identify within the Arabic sphere, much as the Georgian mamlukes that ruled the fertile crescent under the later Ottomans did not try to overthrow the Ottomans and become part of a Georgian kingdom.

What purpose is there in forbidding powerful tags from forming Arabia, it has no unique missions, its claims are quite poor as it hasnt been updated to own 1/3rd or half of the key cities. If Turks and mamlukes are forbidden, then forbid culture shifting Timmies as well given how powerful they start.