• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If anyone was wondering.
The expansion tree finisher will make upgrading your ship shelter easier.
normally it will take 20 infrastructure but with expansion, it will cost 10.
(saw it in the last stream and yes, numbers are not finale)

its more like a gladiator battle and the options are things ranging from a dagger to a battle axe.
It is dagger to battle axe right now.
Removing the starting planet would make it ladle to assault rifle.

It is dagger to battle axe right now.
Removing the starting planet would make it ladle to assault rifle.
Since we've reached the scope of pure opinions again - That's way too exaggerated nonsense ...
It's just an advice, but if you don't have to offer more substantial statements then let it slide since for my personal taste, you have already a behaviour to release way too frequent posts.

I agree that there should be an option to turn off the guaranteed starting expansion planets. Some people don't care about having strict balance and the people who really play this game as a competitive multiplayer game can continue to have it turned on.
I think having unbalanced starts could lead to more interesting galaxies in the long run.
Now that we have no hard limit on population per planet anymore, maybe it's time to finally do this.

I agree that there should be an option to turn off the guaranteed starting expansion planets. Some people don't care about having strict balance and the people who really play this game as a competitive multiplayer game can continue to have it turned on.
I think having unbalanced starts could lead to more interesting galaxies in the long run.
Now that we have no hard limit on population per planet anymore, maybe it's time to finally do this.

Do we know if the starting planets are hard coded? Has someone already modded them out? I know of modders adding in custom neighbor systems.

Those are litearlly just the T2 Mine, Farm and Physics Lab tech, minus the micro of applying them.

This is perhaps the most boring picture of Martins whole Twitter teasers. He did not even change the names of them! Maybe move the tiers around a bit, but that is it.

"They're pretty much the same, but different!" Yes, and I greatly look forward to learning all the differences.

Also while you can argue the food and physics techs are just the old techs translated into the new system as jobs are replacing pops working buildings on tiles, the third one is a completely new tech as we've never had techs that specifically buff resources obtained from off planet sources.

Do we know if the starting planets are hard coded? Has someone already modded them out? I know of modders adding in custom neighbor systems.
I did a very quick search in both the event files and the defines file, and I didn't find any reference to the starting neighbouring habitable planet. I fear it might indeed be hardcoded, but with some workarounds (events changing the class of habitable worlds around you) you should relatively easily be able to change that

I did a very quick search in both the event files and the defines file, and I didn't find any reference to the starting neighbouring habitable planet. I fear it might indeed be hardcoded, but with some workarounds (events changing the class of habitable worlds around you) you should relatively easily be able to change that
Thanks for the feedback, I’ve explored the same and never found it myself. Perhaps you can code custom neighborhood systems to do it. Kind of defeats the purpose of trying to randomize it lol.

We can't really comment on how the techs are going to be until we've had a chance to play around with them. One significant issue I noticed after the system after the FTL and territory rework is that the tier 2 building upgrade techs, one of the first and cheapest things you could research, are actually completely worthless during the early game. They're just not cost effective compared to mining and research stations. Adding in more technologies that just gave small flat bonuses like the +10% growth rate tech was one of my ideas for helping with that issue. Since we've got a big new rework coming again, it's going to take actually playing the new version to know what should and shouldn't change about the technology system with the planet rework.

Galactic Marketplace
"Who else has noticed this little tease in the Design Corner video? :)"

Dmzm6xzW0AE7Ngh.jpg

https://twitter.com/StellarisGame/status/1039459987699970048

Thanks for the feedback, I’ve explored the same and never found it myself. Perhaps you can code custom neighborhood systems to do it. Kind of defeats the purpose of trying to randomize it lol.

Of course, seeing as you went around looking at the defines file and the event files, not a surprise you completely and utterly failed to find it, seeing as the file you are looking for is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stellaris\common\solar_system_initializers. Which is you do go and look at the starting system spawns, one will find that your 2 starting colonies are set from these files. As are in fact all unique system layouts.

Dmzm6xzW0AE7Ngh.jpg

I'd be cool if this was something similar to a sort of Galactic diplomatic forum. Or perhaps that's also something that can grow out of similar things. Once someone's meet x% of the empires in the galaxy, probably 50-80%, they can establish the galactic market. Later on they could also make a galactic diplomatic meeting area. I can see xenophiles and pacifists being quite fond of these, very useful for that playstyle.

I'd be cool if this was something similar to a sort of Galactic diplomatic forum. Or perhaps that's also something that can grow out of similar things. Once someone's meet x% of the empires in the galaxy, probably 50-80%, they can establish the galactic market. Later on they could also make a galactic diplomatic meeting area. I can see xenophiles and pacifists being quite fond of these, very useful for that playstyle.

So a Galactic UN? I can get behind that idea.

I'm not sure if spying is next or diplomacy.

Dmzm6xzW0AE7Ngh.jpg

I'm interested to see if it's viable to play an empire that focuses on importing most raw resources and selling off the refined goods. Will probably be easier if you actually own the market.
I hope the market will make money a more useful resource. In current stellaris it's basically all just about transforming your energy credits into minerals as efficiently as possible.

I literally only play Stellaris for a few weeks after a new update comes out, then I get a glimpse of what will be in the next update and stop playing because I feel like i'm missing out on so much.

What a vicious cycle.

Thats mostly because we havent got anything about trade outside of the market teaser images and a few setences about trade value while planet managment had to get 4 dev diaries devoted to it.
We also heard that trade value is really powerful (that is why the hivemind bonussen are balanced.)

it can be modded, i don;t remember the exact location, but it's with all the other default star system configurations.