• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Code:
# Province culture changes
province_event = {
	id = 55000
	desc = "EVTDESC55000"
	picture = GFX_evt_stone_church

trigger = {
		owner = {
			top_liege = {
				culture = PREV
			}
			NOT = { culture = ROOT }
			religion = ROOT
		}
		any_neighbor_province = {
			has_owner = yes
			ROOT = {
				owner = {
					culture = PREVPREV
				}
			}
			owner = {
				ROOT = {
					owner = {
						culture = PREVPREV
					}
				}
			}
		}
		NOT = { # No flipping back to Norse culture before 1150
			AND = {
				owner = { culture = norse }
				ROOT = {
					OR = {
						culture = swedish
						culture = norwegian
						culture = danish
						culture = norman
					}
				}
				NOT = {	has_global_flag = norse_culture_flipping }
			}
		}
	}

I can't pinpoint the flaw, but the event above needs fixing in regards to norse culture.

There shouldn't be swedish/norwegian/danish/norman culture conversion to norse before 1150, fine.

Every other culture should be able to though. But it does not happen.

Glancing at the event, I don't think anything actually has been changed in 2.2.1.1. The problem probably isn't with the event scripts themselves, but rather somewhere else in the code concerning culture changing. AFAIK, no culture changing for provinces are actually working in 2.2.1.1. The events trigger as they should, but nothing actually changes. I think this also applies to characters.

Glancing at the event, I don't think anything actually has been changed in 2.2.1.1. The problem probably isn't with the event scripts themselves, but rather somewhere else in the code concerning culture changing. AFAIK, no culture changing for provinces are actually working in 2.2.1.1. The events trigger as they should, but nothing actually changes. I think this also applies to characters.

Yeah just found that in the bug subforum as well.

Hopefully it'll get fixed soonish.

Just tried the patch and saw a problem.

There's no "declare holy war" option in the diplomacy menu. I can only declare dejure and claim wars aganist others.

That's rather vague... who are you playing, what is your religion, and what neighbor of yours (with what religion) do you think you should be able to declare a holy war on?

Is there a list somewhere of:

1) Known outstanding issues in the 2.2.1.1 patch (i.e. if I find a bug, what should I report versus what does Paradox already know about)
2) Known issues in the 2.2.1.1 patch that have already been fixed internally and the fix should be delivered in the 2.3 patch

Why did you think so? They will still work on CK and fix things if they are needed to fix. Especially since now the most issues are smaller ones. Fast to fix. Noone i s saying that they won't release patches with fixes.

Anyone who has ever done any real software development knows that the customer-perceived size of an issue and the time it takes to fix the issue are completely unrelated.

Is there a list somewhere of:

1) Known outstanding issues in the 2.2.1.1 patch (i.e. if I find a bug, what should I report versus what does Paradox already know about)
2) Known issues in the 2.2.1.1 patch that have already been fixed internally and the fix should be delivered in the 2.3 patch

Unfortunately, not yet. Your best bet for 1) would be to check out bug reports. It's a titanic job though. I hope your search-fu is good.

Unfortunately, not yet. Your best bet for 1) would be to check out bug reports. It's a titanic job though. I hope your search-fu is good.
Yeah... I was just wondering. I saw someone post in the bug report forum complaining about "don't create posts about known issues!" in response to someone creating a thread about a 2.2.1.1 bug... if we're not supposed to create bug reports for known issues, there ought to be a compiled list of known issues...

I can confirm, as a modder, that culture works fine whenever the command uses specific culture. What seems to have happened is that ROOT, THIS, etc. are no longer valid targets for the command.

Concerning culture switching. There are some issues that prevent most/all form of culture switching, both for provinces and characters. As Klein001 said, it has to do with something that broke the script used for the events. I've been busy flailing my arms at the programmers for them to fix it asap. :p

It's a known bug that resigning any general from any army causes a crash on this beta patch.

Yes, but this is already fixed on our side, and should be fixed in the next update.

Concerning culture switching. There are some issues that prevent most/all form of culture switching, both for provinces and characters. As Klein001 said, it has to do with something that broke the script used for the events. I've been busy flailing my arms at the programmers for them to fix it asap. :p

Yes, but this is already fixed on our side, and should be fixed in the next update.
Any chance we might see 2.2.1.2 today, so we can poke at it over the weekend, and give some feedback before Way of Life comes to life on Tuesday?

Some dev said we will see a second beta for the patch maybe.

We want to put one out, but right before we are about to launch it to you guys we find something critical and obviously broken and that needs to be fixed, so the patch gets delayed every time until we fix those things. However we've been trying to get something for you guys to test for a day or two now and hopefully you'll get something today to have fun with during the weekend.

Small improvment for current diplomatic interface: Just move the window with the actio descprition so the top of it is inlined with the top of the buttom window, not first action. Also make close button visible in every context not only for peace/war request.
2z53wgy.png

Aside from that the new iteration of diplomacy menu from Thursday Dev Play looks excelent.

We want to put one out, but right before we are about to launch it to you guys we find something critical and obviously broken and that needs to be fixed, so the patch gets delayed every time until we fix those things. However we've been trying to get something for you guys to test for a day or two now and hopefully you'll get something today to have fun with during the weekend.
Awesome, thanks for the heads up!

Status
Not open for further replies.