• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently I've been part of a three player multiplayer game. Using the current patch we experienced repeated crashes (I think related to the one player missing unit packs?), so we tried using this new 2.2.1.1 patch. Now, when hosting, one player can connect/download fine but the player (again the one missing the packs) has his game freeze when trying to connect which has never happened before.

In an unrelated note a track option when right clicking on a portrait (which is a brilliant change) might be useful.

Have you tried disabling the unit packs he doesn't have on the host client's ends confirm that that is what is causing the issue? If so, do file a bug report.

Have you tried disabling the unit packs he doesn't have on the host client's ends confirm that that is what is causing the issue? If so, do file a bug report.

The previous version had a known issue with unit packs. But bugs with the beta should be reported in the bug report section not here.

I'm sure I'm not the first to say this, and I didn't bother reading through many of the other replies, but the new diplomacy screen is very confusing, and I don't like it much.

It takes some getting use to and it needs some work but I actually like it. I wish it was a dialog box that I could move around the screen with an x on the top right to dismiss it. A link to the character page from the dialog box would also be super helpful. I lose track of the character I was looking at when I check stuff sometimes.

If you lend money from the jews the latter is fine. The 'expelled jews' might got inherited. If both is the case, then it's probably not a bug.

You can hold castles as a patrician without the 'wrong holding' modifier as far as i remember. So not a bug.

Ah, great. Although I think they should still remove one of the two (I can't get rid of one or both of them) I at least know it is not a 'real' bug but supposed to be. And I'm happy the patrician system does allow it, I'm just not used to the whole republic system (it's my first republic after all). Thank you very much!

Just release the new patch already!

WoL seems to be approaching pretty soon...why isn't there a new beta patch up and running? The current version is 2.2.1.1 and it's supposed to be just the beginning (a long way to 2.3).

I don't understand how we'll efficiently beta-test it, if they actually don't release a new patch till 16th December (since they announced the new DLC and the latest patch will be released simultaneously).

WoL seems to be approaching pretty soon...why isn't there a new beta patch up and running? The current version is 2.2.1.1 and it's supposed to be just the beginning (a long way to 2.3).

I don't understand how we'll efficiently beta-test it, if they actually don't release a new patch till 16th December (since they announced the new DLC and the latest patch will be released simultaneously).

I doubt there will be another beta before release, if there is, it would likely be the same as the release. Which means another beta patch now is useless. The only thing that could be achieved from doing it is to find major issues to be fixed hot fix style, but they don't always work the best.

I doubt there will be another beta before release, if there is, it would likely be the same as the release. Which means another beta patch now is useless. The only thing that could be achieved from doing it is to find major issues to be fixed hot fix style, but they don't always work the best.

If I understand well there won't be a new patch for a long time after 2.3...there were no hotfixes either the last time.

If I understand well there won't be a new patch for a long time after 2.3...there were no hotfixes either the last time.

Why did you think so? They will still work on CK and fix things if they are needed to fix. Especially since now the most issues are smaller ones. Fast to fix. Noone i s saying that they won't release patches with fixes.

2.2.1 was the fix for 2.2, they were going to do a hotfix, but there was not anything major that needed to fixed. If there was constant issues like consistant CTD's or major memory leaks, they probably would of released a hotfix. They even said before releasing 2.2.1, that a patch was coming and although they were going to do a hotfix, they decided against it.

If 2.3 has a major issue, they will hotfix it. Otherwise there would likely be a patch after a couple weeks to tie up anything that was missed in the beta testing.

There is no evidence that they will not release a patch after 2.3.

2.2.1 was the fix for 2.2, they were going to do a hotfix, but there was not anything major that needed to fixed. If there was constant issues like consistant CTD's or major memory leaks, they probably would of released a hotfix. They even said before releasing 2.2.1, that a patch was coming and although they were going to do a hotfix, they decided against it.

If 2.3 has a major issue, they will hotfix it. Otherwise there would likely be a patch after a couple weeks to tie up anything that was missed in the beta testing.

There is no evidence that they will not release a patch after 2.3.

Yeah, I just expected gradual beta-patching e.g. 2.2.1.1, 2.2.1.2, and so on...until the final patch just gets declared final due to stability. The current diplomatic screen changes have been subject to considerable criticism, for example, and I can't wait them further altering it / tweeking it up.

Yeah, I just expected gradual beta-patching e.g. 2.2.1.1, 2.2.1.2, and so on...until the final patch just gets declared final due to stability. The current diplomatic screen changes have been subject to considerable criticism, for example, and I can't wait them further altering it / tweeking it up.
Well, in the dev diary thread, The Witch-King said we'll probably be getting another beta before hits.

How does one into the new Diplomacy Menu?

I mean, it's nice to have one less click when I want to go to the Diplomacy Menu. Yet with the changes, it's actually lost a lot of utility and is more annoying than before. Before this Beta Patch, if I wanted to see the Character Panel, it was just 1 click away from the Diplomacy Menu - always. Now, not so much.

An example of this would be when there's any pop-up that involves the diplomacy menu: Righteous Imprisonment and Betrothal just being two, common occurrences. Clicking on those alerts brought up the Diplomacy Menu - and with the change to the Diplomacy Menu, now all one sees is a name.

I can't see their claims or current titles. I can't see their opinion of me. I can't see their traits. All of these are very important, because sometimes I don't know who I can rightfully imprison based on name alone or I forgot why I betrothed someone to my character's children/grandchildren. Usually, this forces me to use the Character Search function or go through several characters that I suspect are related to the character in question just to find out who this character is. I feel that this kind of defeats the purpose of the change in the Diplomacy Menu, which I see is just a QoL change, since there are a significant number of occasions where I have to go through more time (and clicks) in order to get the information I want for the Diplomacy Menu.

Of course, I could be super dumb atm and failed to realize how to use the new Diplomacy Menu to easily get to the Character Panel - hence my first question: How does one into the new Diplomacy Menu?

How does one into the new Diplomacy Menu?

I mean, it's nice to have one less click when I want to go to the Diplomacy Menu. Yet with the changes, it's actually lost a lot of utility and is more annoying than before. Before this Beta Patch, if I wanted to see the Character Panel, it was just 1 click away from the Diplomacy Menu - always. Now, not so much.

An example of this would be when there's any pop-up that involves the diplomacy menu: Righteous Imprisonment and Betrothal just being two, common occurrences. Clicking on those alerts brought up the Diplomacy Menu - and with the change to the Diplomacy Menu, now all one sees is a name.

I can't see their claims or current titles. I can't see their opinion of me. I can't see their traits. All of these are very important, because sometimes I don't know who I can rightfully imprison based on name alone or I forgot why I betrothed someone to my character's children/grandchildren. Usually, this forces me to use the Character Search function or go through several characters that I suspect are related to the character in question just to find out who this character is. I feel that this kind of defeats the purpose of the change in the Diplomacy Menu, which I see is just a QoL change, since there are a significant number of occasions where I have to go through more time (and clicks) in order to get the information I want for the Diplomacy Menu.

Of course, I could be super dumb atm and failed to realize how to use the new Diplomacy Menu to easily get to the Character Panel - hence my first question: How does one into the new Diplomacy Menu?

I quote it again (because sadly it's hard to find):

This is why its BETA folks, we are monitoring all the feedback we are getting and while I don't doubt a lot of the frustration comes from not being used to using it the new diplo menu does have issues and these are being looked into. Adding the right-click on goto character buttons ( goto location, star and relations ) to the diplo menu is already on the list of things to do and we are looking into how it is positioned as well.
We all learned how to work AROUND the old diplo window( I absolutely hated that it closed any other main interface so I couldn't do diplomacy while looking at the character screen for instance ) so we have very specific ways of navigating the interface to make playing as comfortable as possible. It will take some getting used to ( and we need to look at a lot of specific use cases ) but I'm sure that with some tweaking this new diplo menu will be miles better than the old interface.

I quote it again (because sadly it's hard to find):

Still good feeback, that i sadly wasn't able to provide, as my adrenalin always jumped to new heights as soon as i tried to play the Beta.

@PDS
It should have been mentioned in the OP and maybe along with it some explanation of the intent of what you try to achieve.
I wouldn't have been so shocked if it had been mentioned at least somehow.
After a while i see some good reason for it in parts.
Maybe it should also have been mentioned if ideas how to improve that go into the Bug or the Suggestion forum, as i would for instance take this to
go into the Bug forum as it has to do with the Beta.
Communicate, please.
Thanks

@J-L
All the best and please recover.
:)

Norse culture conversion

Code:
# Province culture changes
province_event = {
	id = 55000
	desc = "EVTDESC55000"
	picture = GFX_evt_stone_church

trigger = {
		owner = {
			top_liege = {
				culture = PREV
			}
			NOT = { culture = ROOT }
			religion = ROOT
		}
		any_neighbor_province = {
			has_owner = yes
			ROOT = {
				owner = {
					culture = PREVPREV
				}
			}
			owner = {
				ROOT = {
					owner = {
						culture = PREVPREV
					}
				}
			}
		}
		NOT = { # No flipping back to Norse culture before 1150
			AND = {
				owner = { culture = norse }
				ROOT = {
					OR = {
						culture = swedish
						culture = norwegian
						culture = danish
						culture = norman
					}
				}
				NOT = {	has_global_flag = norse_culture_flipping }
			}
		}
	}

I can't pinpoint the flaw, but the event above needs fixing in regards to norse culture.

There shouldn't be swedish/norwegian/danish/norman culture conversion to norse before 1150, fine.

Every other culture should be able to though. But it does not happen.

Bug, already reported in the bug subforum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.