• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
With Agatha never turning up, it was mathematically impossible for the village to win today anyway. You could force us into a wolf-villager TIE, and that would still leave you at parity.
That also was part of why I wanted a tie yesterday. The risk of zombies sinking it was too big, so a villager would have wanted a tie when possible.
I’d do the update but I think we all know who the wolves are and that they won. Sorry for the distraction on my part.
No worries. We all know how it is.
Thanks for hosting.
feel keeping me alive in this game was cruel and unusual punishment by the wolves...
Sorry. We wanted to keep active players alive to hopefully get some kind of active village later. There ended up being too many zombies, but the hope was to eventually ending up with solely active players.

Thanks for hosting culann! Very sorry you had to do it under the circumstances.

I'm glad I was right about wagon, even if he would've actually done it as a villager.
The risk of zombies sinking it was too big, so a villager would have wanted a tie when possible
Had you mentioned this, I might've been more convinced that you were acting in the village's interest, since in a way you truthfully were doing so for this reason.
I wish @marty99 would've stayed to mention why he was so sure arky was a wolf as that would've been really helpful if he had an actual read somehow.

Had you mentioned this, I might've been more convinced that you were acting in the village's interest, since in a way you truthfully were doing so for this reason.
I'm often horrible ay explaining my logic once I get put under pressure. It's part of why I've often been an easy lynch, as I'll sometimes suggest unconventional stuff that is sound, but when rapidly run up I then end up spending all my energy defending myself without properly explaining the logic, as it ends up in self preservation.

But yeah, I've many times seen the last day end up not being a real day. Even if everybody is active you want all goodies to consolidate on the same player, so as early as 8 to 10 hours to deadline you want to tell people that new cases can't be brought up and now we all need to vote x and hope for the best.
It's the sole way a village can win, as if the goodie vote is fragmented the baddies can just snipe to one of the minor candidates, unless they too are a wolf.
Hence the penultimate day, or tie day as its usually called, in many ways is the last real day and the last day you can do proper analysis unless you do it straight after deadline on the last day.

Hence I'll always rather take my chances on tie day than on the last day. Granted, normally a two villager tie won't mean parity, but even when it does like this time I'd rather take my chances. If the twi is teo villagers then we'd likely lose anyway, as we'd most likely just run up the person not in the tie the following day.
Plus having a tie means that the wolves can't just force a goodie lynch. Had we done a tie then you and I would have hung. Or marty and I. Point being a wolf would have died.
wish @marty99 would've stayed to mention why he was so sure arky was a wolf as that would've been really helpful if he had an actual read somehow.
He said it during sham voting, so I doubt it was anything.
Arky wanted to eat him, but I said no point as no way he was talking on the basis of a seer scan.

I feel keeping me alive in this game was cruel and unusual punishment by the wolves...

Which is why people who miss votes should normally be replaced immediately and if that's impossible, autolynched.
With these numbers of absentees that was practically impossible but on the other hand, the game would have been over a lot sooner, sparing you the agony.

He said it during sham voting, so I doubt it was anything.
Arky wanted to eat him, but I said no point as no way he was talking on the basis of a seer scan.

He did say it later, too, but never really explained why he felt like that.

My guess with marty was something about how soon I posted after role PMs went out, but that doesn't really make sense. Maybe he just really hates me. :(

My guess with marty was something about how soon I posted after role PMs went out, but that doesn't really make sense. Maybe he just really hates me. :(
I don't think he hates you.

Hi everyone,

First of all I'm very sorry for not being active or voting, I had a very busy weekend and I didn't have any internet.
I'm very sorry everybody :(
No worries.
Happens.

An expected result. I told Culann when I subbed in I'd only be available for an hour an a half, so there was no chance of me responding past that. Wagon was an obvious wolf, but even if the other villagers who came online had listened to me, it'd have just taken him down with us since Agatha never showed up.

Thanks for hosting culann! Very sorry you had to do it under the circumstances.

I'm glad I was right about wagon, even if he would've actually done it as a villager.

I wish @marty99 would've stayed to mention why he was so sure arky was a wolf as that would've been really helpful if he had an actual read somehow.
Sorry I was afk

I didn’t really have anything but a gut feeling but I knew since yesterday village was almost certainly going to lose and I was planning on doing a fake outing on arky. But I meant to do that yesterday

Again apologies

Sorry I was afk

I didn’t really have anything but a gut feeling but I knew since yesterday village was almost certainly going to lose and I was planning on doing a fake outing on arky. But I meant to do that yesterday

Again apologies
Seer died day 1. How would that even have worked?
In a lite seer generally wouldn't contact an unscanned day 1 if they bagged a wolf night 0, as generally they'd get a villager night 1.

To say nothing of the fact that Grimlock probably never realized the game had started to begin with... well, it would've been an easy lynch, I suppose.

Thanks for hosting Culann. I appreciate you taking time to do this.

This is why I'm not really a fan of Lites, personally. Although it's harder to balance in setup, it seems that in the current state of Paradox Werewolf bigs are necessary to generate activity.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thanks for hosting Culann. I appreciate you taking time to do this.

This is why I'm not really a fan of Lites, personally. Although it's harder to balance in setup, it seems that in the current state of Paradox Werewolf bigs are necessary to generate activity.

I agree, I didn't want it to be a lite but with 14 players I wasn't sure how to do it. I would have given it a try, but my RL circumstances prevented it. I just didn't have the time to sit down nor the energy to think about it. While I appreciate the understanding, I do apologize for how it turned out. I shouldn't have tried to host it.

I shouldn't have tried to host it.
No, you can't be blamed anything.
The game would have ended similar had you had better time.
No way we had this many zombies because it was a lite.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I agree, I didn't want it to be a lite but with 14 players I wasn't sure how to do it. I would have given it a try, but my RL circumstances prevented it. I just didn't have the time to sit down nor the energy to think about it. While I appreciate the understanding, I do apologize for how it turned out. I shouldn't have tried to host it.
No, I don't blame you at all. It's not your fault. I was talking more generally about my feelings about Lites, not you. You did the best you could, I appreciate it.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I’d try hosting a big, but I can’t guarantee either that I’d be around or that I’d know what I’m doing.

I still have plans to set up something, just need to get some time/space for it. Not sure when that might happen.

New game!

• 1Love
Reactions: