• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
4. Poor Aedan, he was scanned 3 times on Night 0 he was never going to survive
Being first on the player order, I figured I might end up on standing orders, and with no known traits, thought I might be cursed. So I made my post after roles went out to soft claim vanillager to attract scans and hunts, though I don't know if that was actually why they all scanned me. Obviously once I knew I was apprentice, I thought cursed was unlikely as well, so figured I didn't have long to live. Which is why I tried to probe players more than I usually do, especially Euro.

On that note, I was surprised that people jumped on to kill Panzer when Euro said he had knowledge that Panzer was being tested for something. I was suspicious of Panzer, but something was going on so I wanted to see where it went. That everyone else just jumped onto Panzer, when neither Euro or I did, made me intrigued, and if I hadn't died would've advocated looking into that.

Guardian Angel: the bad ending, when you're only purpose is to protect everyone else, but then you manage to let basically everyone else except yourself die because you did nothing! So fun!
Goodness gracious that's a lot of cursed. And how did yellow manage to get all of them?
Anyway... yay! Many thanks to Jacksonian for GMing and to alxeu and marty for being MVP's. This was a very fun game indeed!

As I was saying, Wombat, this game would've been over two days ago if we'd TIEd Ironhide and Historydude. Ah, well. I have become used to the whole "defeat from the jaws of victory" thing.

1. this should’ve been a slaughter for the village, but the wolves hit all 3 cursed villagers which I’ve never seen before
I'm going to take credit for all three of those (and I don't care what anyone else says). I set our pack's standing hunt order and I was alive when we got Ironhide. After I was outed and the other pack was eliminated with the tie between Randy and Marshmellow, the hunt went back to my pack (edit - actually, if I think about it, it might have been my pack's turn anyways. Would have to look back, but my point stands that my standign hunt order was used). However, since nobody bothered to set the hunt, my standing orders was used, which got HistoryDude. I'll be honest, claiming Arkasas's turning is a stretch, but at the time, only the two cursed players (that I caused my pack to get) were left.
2. Holy shit wolves please talk you guys just let the JL run everything with 0 fight and 0 plan
Seriously! After I died, my pack literally went AFK. I had made contact with Wagon (the Sorcerer) after I was outed way too early (sorry Alxeu) and past along information for my pack to contact him. But nobody was already and never bothered to contact him. I was so sad see this happen...

Being first on the player order, I figured I might end up on standing orders, and with no known traits, thought I might be cursed. So I made my post after roles went out to soft claim vanillager to attract scans and hunts, though I don't know if that was actually why they all scanned me. Obviously once I knew I was apprentice, I thought cursed was unlikely as well, so figured I didn't have long to live. Which is why I tried to probe players more than I usually do, especially Euro.

On that note, I was surprised that people jumped on to kill Panzer when Euro said he had knowledge that Panzer was being tested for something. I was suspicious of Panzer, but something was going on so I wanted to see where it went. That everyone else just jumped onto Panzer, when neither Euro or I did, made me intrigued, and if I hadn't died would've advocated looking into that.
Saw a way out of being lynched (following EURO's lead) and took it. Unfortunate for Panzer.

Thoughts:

1. this should’ve been a slaughter for the village, but the wolves hit all 3 cursed villagers which I’ve never seen before
2. Holy shit wolves please talk you guys just let the JL run everything with 0 fight and 0 plan
3. The JL player almost flawlessly, rather impressive work. Particularly by Maw
4. Poor Aedan, he was scanned 3 times on Night 0 he was never going to survive
5. I have no idea how balanced this set up actually was but it was relatively close so I’ll take it
Thanks for hosting! Seconded that maw was excellent this game, but marty and alxeu did a spectacular job and deserve special recognition.

Thoughts:

3. The JL player almost flawlessly, rather impressive work. Particularly by Maw

Part of me thinks it was just a series of fortunate events that blew it open for the JL as I stated in the dead scanners PM. Johho's PM to Randy and Wombat, Wombat correctly guessing Maw's role, Caillean scan on Wagon, Marty's excellent analysis. Had E_L sent me a claim I would have tried to pivot on Ironhide and Grim who were my most likely baddies and won the game with me still alive, maybe I should have tried harder to convince Maw to lynch them.

Sadly, I was wrong as to who the last curse was.

It was a fun game as my first outing as a scanner but nerve wracking. I was so squirrely after Aedan was hunted.

Thanks for hosting Jacksonian! I had a blast.

Edit: I'll echo the sentiment that Maw had an excellent game.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Saw a way out of being lynched (following EURO's lead) and took it. Unfortunate for Panzer.
Yeah I figured that for you, if anything I was surprised you waited as long as you did to go for a switch to Panzer since you said you were also suspicious of him. It was everyone else who switched that was more striking.

Set up:

Beasts pack:
Euro (wolf, plotter and priest scan)
Randy (brutal wolf)
Crn7000 (cultist)

unholy monster pack:
Grimlock (oeo wolf)
Dedonus (blessed wolf with alderman)
Nepechri (cultist)

wagon (distiller and vengeful sorcerer)

Important goodies:
Alxeu (vengeful seer)
Culann (SA priest)
Johho (VH)
MAWofdoom (blessed GA with seer scan)

villagers:
Aedan (apprentice)
Arkasas (cursed plotter)
Liefwarrrior (padre)
Ironhide (cursed)
Caillean (sorc scan)
Marshmallow (no traits)
Marty (priest scan)
E_L (no traits)
Chilldude (seer scan)
Wombat (blessed)
Yvanoff (distiller)
Yakman (alderman)
Historydude (cursed)
Panzer (assassin)
Hdk (seer and sorc scans)

This game was so weird idk if going light on starting baddies but giving them 4 potential baddies to pick up is fair. Interesting experiment

I don't like being a wolf. I knew there was nothing we could do after the JL magically had us figured out (I still have no idea how I was a major candidate with like the best voting record in the game). Also I didn't really have the time to do anything more than what I did. We had no sorcerer and basically had to pray that there were no seer scans left.

Thanks for hosting Jacksonian.

The baddies would've done better had their most active voices not gotten killed through scans or hunts. Dedonus, Wagon, and Euro all dying effectively guaranteed the slow withering of the remaining baddies, it feels.

MAW is definitely the MVP, along with marty and culann. They did a great job of wiping out suspects and quickly whittling down all the nontrustworthy players until all that was left was Arky on the last day, caught by a padre.

I don't like being a wolf. I knew there was nothing we could do after the JL magically had us figured out (I still have no idea how I was a major candidate with like the best voting record in the game). Also I didn't really have the time to do anything more than what I did. We had no sorcerer and basically had to pray that there were no seer scans left.

It's my limited understanding from after I died, but I believe the JL had a bunch of pretty solid claims/reads of a majority of the remaining players, and there was just no space for you to be cleared/good.

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
The baddies would've done better had their most active voices not gotten killed through scans or hunts. Dedonus, Wagon, and Euro all dying effectively guaranteed the slow withering of the remaining baddies, it feels.

MAW is definitely the MVP, along with marty and culann. They did a great job of wiping out suspects and quickly whittling down all the nontrustworthy players until all that was left was Arky on the last day, caught by a padre.

It's my limited understanding from after I died, but I believe the JL had a bunch of pretty solid claims/reads of a majority of the remaining players, and there was just no space for you to be cleared/good.
And I think going forward I should trim down in the scanning powers in the village because it got out of hand this game.

Pretty much what Alxeu said, having a bunch of throwaway votes didn't help at least for me. By the time Alxeu died we had only a few remaining suspects due to a large amount of information clearing quite of few people whom unless they were selling out their own team were unlikely baddies. This was further eliminated by some good ol'fashion logic mostly done by Maw and some correct reads by us as a group. Randy and Grim were my likely baddies around the same time Alxeu died. Marty and Maw agreed with those two as well.

For clarity Caillean gave us Wagon, Liefwarrior claimed padre, HDK offered a scan, Yakman made coherent posts, Ark was reasoned to be a goodie due to plotter trait and was unlikely a baddie since so we saw vote manipulation traits on dead baddies from both packs, Wombat told us of Johho's scan plus knew the Maw was GA relatively early in the game since Maw wasn't hunted Wombat was also likely a goodie. Really didn't have too many suspects to choose from and little chance that their were remaining villagers in that group since we had quite of few baddies left.

Best as I can tell the wolves were mostly done in by being too quiet and ignoring claims to the JL with the sole exception of Grim whom we thought was a baddie anyways. E_L was tunneled on but he also didn't send a claim either, leaving him as an unknown.

Additionally, with Maw early in the JL we were able to coordinate his abilities.

My take from this mostly is that when the JL starts taking charge it's in the baddies best interest to talk to the JL and be active in the thread. Not saying anything more or less puts you on the suspect list.

Best as I can tell the wolves were mostly done in by being too quiet and ignoring claims to the JL with the sole exception of Grim whom we thought was a baddie anyways. E_L was tunneled on but he also didn't send a claim either, leaving him as an unknown.

Additionally, with Maw early in the JL we were able to coordinate his abilities.

My take from this mostly is that when the JL starts taking charge it's in the baddies best interest to talk to the JL and be active in the thread. Not saying anything more or less puts you on the suspect list.
Yeah it's a classic baddie failure to not make claims when the JL comes around. Very often a JL just killing anyone who doesn't make claims to it will have a high baddie kill rate. Baddies often think that because the JL is the enemy and claims that make might be suspicious are bad, so they shouldn't contact the JL. Or they just don't think of it. But making fake claims and pretending to support the JL is a vital part of baddies having any chance of beating the JL.

Yeah it's a classic baddie failure to not make claims when the JL comes around. Very often a JL just killing anyone who doesn't make claims to it will have a high baddie kill rate. Baddies often think that because the JL is the enemy and claims that make might be suspicious are bad, so they shouldn't contact the JL. Or they just don't think of it. But making fake claims and pretending to support the JL is a vital part of baddies having any chance of beating the JL.
Yeah wording that message would have been fun. Doesn't really work with my style of play :cool:

"So, my role PM says I'm a hunter, but I think that means a villager"

"What do you mean your role PM says? What are you now?"

"..."

Well, it was fun playing WW again.
let’s just hope the next game doesn’t start as I have 6 busy workdays in a row.
Congrats to the JL for an excellent performance.
And to Euro, sorry about the hunt. I thought you were the seer/priest (whichever one aedan was the apprentice to)