• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I'm going to channel the wisdom of Kris Akabusi about this and try to maintain a Positive Mental Attitude. This is just a well deserved award for some excellent writing, it doesn't automatically mean we are doomed to dive back into the incest pits. It'll be fine.

In any event, congratulations indeed @Macavity116

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Another amazing work, @Macavity116 and very well deserved to see a showcase (though I don't think you are lacking for comments and viewership - frankly, I cannot keep up with the thread.) My only quibble is that @El Pip might see yet again an incestuous deal here since you passed WoW to Peter and he passed this to you. ;)

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Another amazing work, @Macavity116 and very well deserved to see a showcase (though I don't think you are lacking for comments and viewership - frankly, I cannot keep up with the thread.) My only quibble is that @El Pip might see yet again an incestuous deal here since you passed WoW to Peter and he passed this to you. ;)
Technically, I believe @The Kingmaker made @Macavity116 the king of this thread for a week because @Peter Ebbesen abdicated as king of the thread. But yes, it worked out that it passed from one to the other. And yes, the other award was handed off as you say @coz1 .

Reactions:
Good catch, @Chac1, and thank you for the technical correction . I doubt @El Pip will see the nuance. ;)

Reactions:
I'm going to channel the wisdom of Kris Akabusi about this and try to maintain a Positive Mental Attitude. This is just a well deserved award for some excellent writing, it doesn't automatically mean we are doomed to dive back into the incest pits. It'll be fine.

I just try to give credit where it’s due. The Broken Gates has really blown up over the past couple of weeks. I like to go out of my way to give awards to first-time winners when I can, but that doesn’t mean that long-time AARlanders can’t be recognized for their accomplishments as well.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Congratulations!
Solid choice. Congrats @Macavity116.

Many thanks!

You are correct, this doesn't mean we are doomed to dive back into the incest pits. However, certain interlopers (who have crossed through The Broken Gates and are currently lurking in the bAARand SolAARium) are working tirelessly to ensure that the writer known as @Macavity116 will not get another opportunity to cause this kind of consternation.

Thanks for reading, and thanks for the support. It wouldn't be a Macavity116 weekly awAARd without the fear of CKIII-style shenanigans. ;)

• 1Haha
Reactions:
You are correct, this doesn't mean we are doomed to dive back into the incest pits. However, certain interlopers (who have crossed through The Broken Gates and are currently lurking in the bAARand SolAARium) are working tirelessly to ensure that the writer known as @Macavity116 will not get another opportunity to cause this kind of consternation.
So... the rogue characters have invaded the SolAARium too. There's some foreshadowing.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Congratulations @Macavity116!

I have always figured (and experience and practice have borne this out) the time limits between awards are "ishy".

A winner is generally honored for a week before passing it on. But no one quibbles when it passes on a day early or one or two days late.

Time between awards too. I generally think of 6 months, but "recently" is, by definition, "ishy", and open to interpretation. I think by design.

I always love it when new writers get awards, but I'd hate for veteran writers to be locked out.

@Macavity116's body of work is truly amazing. I had hope that I had caught a new work and could keep up with it, but, alas, The Broken Gates has continuity with the past, so I'm still working through Year of Hell. Lol

Rensslaer

• 3Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I'd like to nominate Poles Apart - An HOI4 Ahistory to take the first AAR Showcase of May. @Bullfilter's commitment and endurance is praiseworthy, doubly so for such an image heavy and detail-oriented AAR.

• 2Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Well this is a bit of a surprise for what is now an “old warhorse” AAR! Starting as Poland in an ahistorical HOI4 setting, I did not expect the game to go beyond 1939-40, but on it goes in a prolonged global bloodbath! :eek: o_O

Many thanks for this nod @Macavity116 and my belated congratulations for your recent award. Travelling again at the moment but will be back home this evening and catching up more with what’s been happening around AARland in the last few days.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
An excellent choice! As is traditional with our winner it is something of a grim read, in this case watching Poland and the Allies very slow crash towards a seemingly inevitable defeat, but it somehow manages to be an entertaining read despite that. I must also praise the shear effort being put in to keep track of and summarise a truly global war in a readable style.

Congratulations indeed @Bullfilter !

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Always congrats are in order, @Bullfilter! You do keep those emus busy. ;)

• 1Love
Reactions: