• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the fleet basing change intended to affect your own colonies too? I accidentally created Antilles and that sorta cut me off from colonizing anything but the useless tropical remnant of the nearest continent's east coast.

i5hh.png

If it's working as intended, then I think it's mighty silly, but hey, bug report - the range display is screwed up.

just a side note, with the whole claiming of throne action, is the tooltip outdated or am i doing something wrong, as i swear that there have been times where claiming someone's throne does absolutely nothing for me when i should be given a union/succession war/unionCB on that nation. (or atleast i should be given one according to the tooltip!)

Copy your 1.4.1 folder somewhere and launch from there, you don't need steam to play it.
I thought you do kinda need Steam for MP... so the way to do it would be to switch to the beta, copy that somewhere else and run from there for testing, and switch your Steam version back to 1.4.1.

Is the fleet basing change intended to affect your own colonies too? I accidentally created Antilles and that sorta cut me off from colonizing anything but the useless tropical remnant of the nearest continent's east coast.

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/720x576q90/827/i5hh.png

If it's working as intended, then I think it's mighty silly, but hey, bug report - the range display is screwed up.

I can confirm this, happened in my Spain game too.

Any way to play this beta and keep a running version of 1.4.1, which I am playing in MP?

Best way would be: Opt into the beta, copy the 1.4.1.1 to a different folder, then opt out of the beta. That way the version you have on Steam will be 1.4.1 and you can still continue the MP (Since MP needs Steam), while also being able to try out the beta. (No Steam means you lose MP and ironman/achievements which are not relevant anyway since this is a beta patch)

Best way would be: Opt into the beta, copy the 1.4.1.1 to a different folder, then opt out of the beta. That way the version you have on Steam will be 1.4.1 and you can still continue the MP (Since MP needs Steam), while also being able to try out the beta. (No Steam means you lose MP and ironman/achievements which are not relevant anyway since this is a beta patch)

Thank you very much. I will try this.

Wouldn't opting out just put you on 1.4, not 1.4.1? I don't think 1.4.1 is accessible now, as it was removed from the beta list and replaced with 1.4.1.1.

Quick graphical bug (and not even sure if it's only on the beta) but selling a province results in seeing the opinions and diplomatic options pane at the same time, such that the opinion panes can be seen in the cracks between all the options.

Exiting out of the diplomacy menu or selecting another country clears it though, it's a pretty temporary bug.

The emperor is still refusing to make new electors.

Also colonies taking idea order from parent nation is dopey. Italian colonies become vegies (and i assume every non typical colonial nation as well). Every colony should be aiming for at least one colonist if there is available dirt to colonize.

Last edited:
Last Beta change randomizes save game New World

Don't see "random" in this thread so will post here - loaded the save game from 1.3 that used the prior iteration of this beta, and it randomized the New World in the save game. The early clue to this was that loading the save game started a random world generation process.

I had random checked since I had tried a different start.

So I restarted the game, went to Single Player, unchecked Random NW, exited to Main Menu, returned to Single Player, loaded save, and random new world generation again commenced even though the save game selection had RNW unchecked.

Decided to opt out of beta for this updatesince version prior to 1.4.1.1 unavailable as an option.

Went back to 1.4.1.1 and the second save game was not corrupted even though viewed by selecting it.

Under 1.4.0 the savegame I had opened remained randomizing, though the next oldest was not randomized - so it looks like some kind of randomization corruption of the first save game.

Last edited:
I literally and out loud used an expletive in joy upin reading:
Added a checkbox to decisions to set whether or not you want to be notified about the decision being available to take

"Vassalize NAME-OF-HORDE" mission. Can you please change this, since hordes can no longer be vassalized. Unless you want hordes to be vassalized through missions, in which case it is a bug since it does not give you the option to make them your vassal.

Coalitions seem to be working again. Not everyone jumps in as with 1.3. but only those affected. A bit easier than 1.3 but still difficult and more realistic.

Copy your 1.4.1 folder somewhere and launch from there, you don't need steam to play it.

Oh, do I still appear in the game list? Or does everyone else need to connect through IP?

Do it the other way around. Make a copy of the 1.4.1.1 beta to somewhere else, and play it from that other place. Then revert your Steam copy to 1.4.1 (non-beta) and play MP from there.

You need Steam for MP, you don't need Steam for the beta (beta cannot be used for Ironman or MP)

Status
Not open for further replies.