• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are REALLY not ready for 1.5 yet.... It's better to wait a couple of weeks to get a 1.5 that's working really well, than encourage PDS to get it out soon and maybe live with major issues for months. The reason you can't currently play Ironman reliably in 1.4 is because of bugs like that - it would be terrible if that persisted into 1.5.

Thank you for the explanation - it's great to have updates to understand the process, plan ahead, and appreciate the diligence of the team. Anyone who has fixed a few computer problems knows the fix can take a few seconds reproducing and understanding the problem and how it could be fixed can eat up hours.

We are REALLY not ready for 1.5 yet.

I do hope we'll hear soon on a date for the next beta patch, 1.4.1.2. There are still major bugs being found in 1.4.1.1 and some of them QA has only logged in the last 48 hours. Some of these are huge - disappearing colonies on load; entire nations getting annexed when they only ceded one province; AI not annexing its vassals; coalitions sometimes lasting forever with the AI not leaving at +200 relations; and more.

Also, 1.4.1.1 beta was missing a couple of important feature changes that PDS developers had said were coded, but which did not make the 1.4.1.1 release. For example, the ability to sell any of your cores to a subject who then gets a core on it (transferring your core to them.)

We need a second beta, 1.4.1.2, both to re-test the significant new bugs found and to test for the first time those 1.5 features we've not yet seen.

I am hoping that 1.5 is at least two weeks away, maybe three - so that we have a 1.4.1.2 beta next week for at least a week, maybe two, then 1.5 hits.

I realise that that would be frustrating for some who want to play Ironman and MP. But remember that while we are in beta, there is a chance of issues being fixed and changed. Once 1.5 hits we will at most get one or two hotfixes that will only resolve a few major bugs, and probably not all of them, and not make any feature changes. After that, we'll have to wait maybe two months for 1.6.

It's better to wait a couple of weeks to get a 1.5 that's working really well, than encourage PDS to get it out soon and maybe live with major issues for months. The reason you can't currently play Ironman reliably in 1.4 is because of bugs like that - it would be terrible if that persisted into 1.5.

I totally agree! Just would like some estimate on timing, etc., from Paradox to get a feel for what can be expected in terms of release of new betas, final patch, or etc.

I don't know if these bugs are unique to the beta or if they have existed, but here goes:

1. "Guarantee independence" doesn't seem to work. As France I don't get a casus belli to declare war on England when they declare on Scotland. This seems to be the case whether I'm in a truce with England at the time or not.

2. When you want to build a marketplace in the "build" screen, the provinces show their manpower rather than their trade info. I don't think that was the case before the beta.

3. If you are in the build screen and you switch to "trade" view, (the one where you see which provinces go to which trade notes), at the end of each month the screen reverts to the first one you see in the "build" screen - that is, I see province manpower again if I am trying to build marketplaces, rather than see the "trade" view.

4. As France I keep getting an event that says I am going to build Versailles and it will cost money but give prestige. I would think the event should fire only once. If the event just talked about palaces generally, then that would be fine. But I think it says Versailles in particular. There is a separate event that gives you +2 tax base in Paris. I'm not referring to that one. So, in effect, I am asked whether I want to build Versailles many times in a single game.

I love the beta. Great game.

Just reporting another problem with colonial nations: they make protectorates out of the native nations, and then if you wish to go to war with them your colonial nation becomes independent and joins their side of the war. It is very aggravating.

Just reporting another problem with colonial nations: they make protectorates out of the native nations, and then if you wish to go to war with them your colonial nation becomes independent and joins their side of the war. It is very aggravating.
This is no longer the current beta. Check in the current one 1.4.1.7 .

Status
Not open for further replies.