• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge amount of changes are impressive!! I have a question on a feature after lookover the list.

- The message notification for reaching max improve relations now has a button for recalling your diplomat
- Reaching max improve relations will no longer automatically recall your diplomat

Why do we need this change? I cannot see any circumstance for this might be necessary. I think this only increases the micromanagements we need to click.

Huge amount of changes are impressive!! I have a question on a feature after lookover the list.

- The message notification for reaching max improve relations now has a button for recalling your diplomat
- Reaching max improve relations will no longer automatically recall your diplomat

Why do we need this change? I cannot see any circumstance for this might be necessary. I think this only increases the micromanagements we need to click.

I guess you could keep your diplomat there to prevent the improved relations from decaying?

It's sometimes useful when you are improving relations with a vassal to integrate them. Then it maxes out while you are at war and can't start integration. You come back three years later and now your relations have degraded from 200 to 170 and you have to wait again go improve back to 190 again.

I do agree that in other situations it will add to micro management. Theres always a trade off.

I'm a fan of this. I often get to 4 or 5 diplomats who I'm just not using for anything any more. They return from increasing relations with someone and then I wait a few months and send them back, they stay there a couple months and come back...you get the idea. I don't mind just leaving them there to keep the relations from decaying, and then recalling them when I actually need them for something.

So it will never be possible to conquer a north american nation, and start to colonize there?

Where do you want bug reports posted? Here are two:

1. The checkboxes added for decisions don't work. I click, it blinks, then it's empty.

2. I get a fully reproducible CTD:

Edit: I first said it happens with one province in one game. In fact it happens when clicking any province, even with a new game. New game -> click province -> CTD.

Edit2: Just to be sure, I tried verifying game files in Steam – didn't help. Moved back to 1.4.1 – problem gone. So can't really test this beta more than that.

gdb says only:
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0xf7e2ee2e in std::string::assign(char const*, unsigned int) ()
from /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6
(gdb) bt
#0 0xf7e2ee2e in std::string::assign(char const*, unsigned int) ()
from /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6
#1 0x08f84e52 in CInstantTextBox::ChangeString(char const*) ()
#2 0x08f84e20 in CInstantTextBox::ChangeString(CString const&) ()
#3 0x08e3a0dc in CProvinceView::OnDailyUpdate() ()
Cannot access memory at address 0xffffa14c

Why don't you have stack traces printing on SIGSEGV like you do with CK2, BTW? Should be useful information there.

Last edited:
"Junior partners in a union is no longer allowed to change government."

Does this prevent events from changing the government as well (the most common cause of this problem in my experience) or just normal changing of government?

When you add to this list please separate the changes by date added, that list is a doozy.

Status
Not open for further replies.