• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will you make a new beta suborum bugreports area like you used to have for EU3 DW? The general bug reports forum is cluttered enough as it is.

That would be great. At the very least though a dedicated thread in Bug Reports. Anywhere but in this thread itself, which will be very hard to follow

OK I got my first bug, mostly cosmetic but here goes ->

In the Rise of the Ottomans scenario in the start new game screen, Clicking on the big France Shield (which shows interesting countries to play) centers you over some NA tribes in North America instead of France itself.

EDIT : Ignore this, seems like a conflict with a mod I was using, even caused a CTD before I disabled it. Guess mods and betas don't mix. :blush:

Last edited:
I raised a bug report for this earlier today re 1.4 and 1.4.1, and have confirmed it still exists in 1.4.1.1:

Bug report thread with full details: Annexed/non-existent nations do not have doubled core timers.

Quick summary:
  • 1.3.2 added a doubling of core expiry timers for nations that did not exist. It was accidentally missed out of the 1.3.2 changelog.
  • 1.4 mentioned this change specifically in its changelog:
    • #Cores - The cores of annexed nations now take twice as long to disappear
  • But in 1.4, 1.4.1 and 1.4.1.1, core expiry times for nations that do not exist, including for nations that were annexed during a game, are the usual 50 / 150 years.
Example: 1444 start Day 1; Guyenne is non-existent so timer should be 300 years but lists as standard 150:

LUMqptvl.png

This is wad... the double core time for annexed nations wasn't really working the way we wanted. It's just changelog confusion.

EDIT : Ignore this, seems like a conflict with a mod I was using, even caused a CTD before I disabled it. Guess mods and betas don't mix. :blush:

Don't raise bug reports with mods enabled unless you know very specifically what the mod changes, and that it can't possibly be impacting the bug you're reporting - in which case, declare which mods you're using. Ideally, when it's a repeatable bug, verify the bug without any mods loaded and report on that.

This is wad... the double core time for annexed nations wasn't really working the way we wanted. It's just changelog confusion.

OK, thanks.

Does this beta patch fix native AI sitting around not expanding at all? Like they wouldn't use their colonist and they wouldn't conquer neighbors for territory, meanwhile the player could expand all across north america.

I noticed the AI is very shy of tropical provinces when it comes to colonization. Is this WAD that they don't colonize those until well into the 1700s (for one game at least) or should the malus of tropical be reduced a little?

Does this beta fix the colonist travel time bug I reported earlier? In both 1.4, and the earlier 1.4.1 beta, I occasionally got colonist travel times of 601 days, to get to provinces I directly bordered. Saving, exiting, and reloading the save forced it to recalculate, fixing the issue temporarily, and also making it rather difficult to provide a save.

Also, will the Native American AI be able to upgrade units upon reforming the government, as I mentioned in the earlier thread? The unit type changes on the military screen, but existing units don't auto-upgrade, which is easy for a player to get around by manually swapping to an earlier unit type, then back to the new one, but I don't know if the AI knows to do that.

I noticed the AI is very shy of tropical provinces when it comes to colonization. Is this WAD that they don't colonize those until well into the 1700s (for one game at least) or should the malus of tropical be reduced a little?

I'd say that's probably WAD. It works pretty well as a "soft cap" in African colonization right now. In my current 1.4 game, it's getting close to 1600 and the only African colonies are a single province in Luanda, and Portugal has set up shop down in the temperate region of South Africa.

I like it, even if it means as Songhai it'll be a long, long time before I get around to finally filling in all of West Africa. Just ain't much of a point.

Does this beta patch fix native AI sitting around not expanding at all? Like they wouldn't use their colonist and they wouldn't conquer neighbors for territory, meanwhile the player could expand all across north america.

After sitting in observer mode for 100 years. I noticed that native nations do in fact take neighbor provinces which is good. However none of them use their colonist still.

Ok I am finding the automatic call all willing allies to be pretty buggy at the moment. As Morocco I allied Algiers and Tunisia and then declared war on Portugal. Algiers honoured alliance and accepted call to arms but tunisia did nothing. Alliance still intact and I can manually CTA as long as war is less than 60 days old.
Another game where I was allied to Tunisia and Tripoli instead, neither joined my war even after checking the call all willing allies checkbox. Sadly I didn't notice until the 60 days had passed.
Plain vanilla 1.4.1.1 beta.

- achievement_norwegian_wood is now valid if all provinces are owned by nation and/or subjects

I love you guys(and gals). :wub:

For about a 100 reasons now.

But this is the best.

(Also really good that you're fixing up several cheesy tactics so we can play in more ways that make sense without feeling like we are playing with a handicap.)

Status
Not open for further replies.