• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I hope that liberating Scotland and Ireland(+NEireland) will help me some in the long run to need less troops in the west guarding the beaches and the Allies will have long logistical ways in a possible invasion. But Sealion and the Air Battle over Engalnd came with a high price. My manpower is low (only 363) due to heavy losses in the airbattle and it's already July due to Sealion and unit reorganisation. I am also not sure if my forces are sufficient since I have so many beaches to guard that there is not much left for Barbarossa. It's really a hard decision if I should risk it or wait for early next year...

Forces would be ready, weather would be good but downside would be the US at war and more time for the SU to prepare...

Losses from airbattles? Aren't airplane squadrons just a handful of MP apiece? :wacko:

anonymous4401 said:
Losses from airbattles? Aren't airplane squadrons just a handful of MP apiece? :wacko:

No in HIP they probably use 10 manpower for each air-flotilla :p

In HSR bombers cost 10MP and Fighters 5MP to simulate high standard of MP used + support on ground needed for airunits. And since air units tend to take quite big str hits compared to land units its quite a drain, but I realized it probably too late and without it sealion would not have been possible anyways.

10MP for bombers? Wow! :eek:

I can certainly see how that would drain your manpower... :wacko:

Ok, I went with the strategy of a limited assault to weaken the Red Army in preparation of a huge assault next spring. Luckily there are some Barbarossa events where you get troops and materiel from your allies for Barbarossa helping me and early in the war the Red Army is very weak because of the surprise effect and the purges. Let's see if the 360MP will be soon a huge problem - rate is 1.31 MP/day.

Sealion - Part III

The last foothold of the UK was Northern Ireland.

To support german friendly uprisings and to overthrow the gouvernment it was neccessary to occupy the parliament. The new german friendly Ireland would also receive Northern Eireland.

Now it was time to withdraw the german elite troops for the use against SU. But the RN was still a threat.

With the UK weakened Argentina decided to join the Axis. German troops were meanwhile on rail from the channel coast to Poland.

Argentina had some claims on Uruguay, Paraguay and Chile - but DOW on Uruguay forced Brazil to an immediate reaction and the DOWed Argentina in return. Germany was sending help to support Argentinas war effort.

Due to the huge coastline to guard Germany had not a huge force for a possible Barbarossa. New mechanized and tank divisions were expected to be ready in early 1942 and manpower situation was alarming, but the SU would build up huge forces and prepare if Germany would wait too long. Therefore the decision was made to launch a limited offense mainly directed to cause as much soviet casualties and encirclements as possible in the tank friendly terrain in the south while holding positions in the north. It was crucial to pull back german troops on friendly territory in winter time due to the manpower situation, but maybe the german allies would be able to hold some occupied territory in winter.

Interesting...

Lets hope the Argentinians defeat those nasty Brazilians! ;)

Since I have extracted the data for a posting in a thread about submarine effectivity I will also post the actual naval losses here, hope it's interesting.

Germany sunk 30 ships till end of 08/41 [6TP 9SS 8DD 3CL 1CA 1BB 2CV] of which 13 were sunk by aircrafts, 13 by submarines and just 4 by surface fleet since I had been using the surface fleet very cautious, keeping it for Sealion. It's interesting that Italy sunk 79 ships already [13TP 7SS 36DD 17 CL 2CA 2BB 2 CV] 20 of them by aircrafts. The UK sunk 41 ships so far [7 TP 3 SS 20DD 7CL 2 CA 1 BC 1 BB] 2 of them by aircraft and 10 by CVs.

Still the UK has meanwhile 18 carriers and 18BB and 112 small ships while the US has 23BB and 7 carriers. Japan has 3BB, 43 small ships and 6 carriers - Italy 5BB 30 small ships and 1 carrier and Germany has a total of 46 ships of wich 2 are BB, 9 submarines, 6 transports and 1 CV.

Last edited:
Barbarossa - Part I

On 1st of August Operation Barbarossa began - planned as a limited operation to encircle and weaken the Red Army.

It showed fast that the german troops had achieved full surprise and the Red Army was not prepared. The victories in the east pleased the citizens in Germany.

The german allies were sending troops and supplies for the war vs the Red Army.

German troops were making good progress in the south encircling several divisions while Stalin gave order to transfer armament industry behind the Ural.

A big pocket was formed at Stanislavow - over twenty divisions had to surrender.

Impressed by the german advance Finland decided to recapture its lost provinces. Meanwhile Franco still sought to stay neutral and was therefore not joining the Axis, but spanish volunteers were fighting on the eastern front.

With the success of Heeresgruppe Süd main focus was now shifted and Heeresgruppe Mitte was given command over the bulk of the armoured forces. It was planned that they would punch northwards right into the back of the forces in front of Heeresgruppe Mitte.

And Barbarossa begins! Does HSR have events that will make it much harder?

Actually they have events making it much easier at the beginning, but much harder over time to simulate the Red Army was not ready for war but once the great patriotic war is declared the Red Army gets an immense boost. Playing the SU vs a Gröfaz Germany is probably a true challenge, though.

So far the only real problem in my campaign is the manpower. But soon comes winter and the SU will build up forces and the US will join war. Wondering how this will affect the game.

08072006233010fy8.jpg

Last edited:
I want to liberate a Baltic Entente or Reichskomissariat Ostland - but will need some more infos about modding a new nation. Probably I will end up just editing the revolts.txt some creating the Baltic Entente by releasing one of the baltic countrys with increased claims.

generalbezirk1.jpg

MAC said:
I want to liberate a Baltic Entente or Reichskomissariat Ostland - but will need some more infos about modding a new nation. Probably I will end up just editing the revolts.txt some creating the Baltic Entente by releasing one of the baltic countrys with increased claims.

Steal the Kaisserreich one!

Good updates! Barbarossa for the time being, seems to go after the plan.

Yes, even though I still own you an update inbetween ;)
But I have been thinking about how to continue with the Baltics.
Thanks for your suggestion Tribolute, but due to time reasons I will probably just liberate them either seperately or as a baltic nation - just wondering if such a baltic "federal" nation would have been a real option or if this would have caused too much nationalism. Is anyone a bit familiar with the Baltics?

Ok, taking a look at the events in Barbarossa there should be additional dissent reducing events for capturing strategical important positions in war like Smolensk, Kiev, Sevastopol. This will compensate the dissent caused by the liberation of all three baltic nations so all I have to do is removing the claim of Lithuania on Memel in revolts.txt. Even though a baltic federal nation would make more sense - but as I stated I don't know if the people there would have agreed.