• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice! Now it`s time to claim some oil ;)

MAC said:
Well, I have heard about the bug being without supply through allied territory not being fixed in all cases. Maybe someone has some further infos on the issue?

Would have had to buy Kars since Batu is mountain+several Red Army divisions, but that's occupied by (now) british forces (I haven't tried if you can trade occupied territory yet). Ungrateful Bulgaria is really not giving away it's provinces cheaply :p
So occupy it back and buy it for some worthless provinces in Greece or something! A new front would be devastating for the soviets.

As you can see in the next update the operation was not a full success:
Idea of the operation was to open another frontline with the SU (achieved) and push to Baku, capturing the oil (too strong resistance and also probably too few troops used due to long ways in heavy terrain and overestimating UK presence in ME and NA). Main focus was to establish Italy in NA, capture Suez, destroy (expected) strong british forces in NA and release the Arab Federation.

As soon as the winter was beginning to retreat the Red Army began to start attacks into Ukraine. As you can see I wasn't able to withstand those being outnumbered by far and with many of my tanks in the ME. I had to pull most of the tanks out to prepare for a spring offense. So far it looks like I will just slow down the Red Army in Turkey mainly with the Bulgarian troops, binding troops of the Red Army there while I try to achieve destruction of the Red Army around Heeresgruppe Mitte, pushing to Moscow.

I should have used Mountaineers to conquer Baku, but need those in Moscow where I expect a strong garrison, urban fighting. They are rather slow and I will probably need to have to move them early because there are "Moscow surrounded" events strengthening the defense of Moscow. So once I come close to Moscow it has to fall asap or I am in deep deep trouble. I should indeed also have traded Kars with Bulgaria if the attack on Yerevan had been successfull, but feared that no supply through allied territory bug (anyone knows if that bug is still not fixed?).

But anyways, take a look what happened:

Operation "Titan" - Part II

German forces were infiltrating the soviet border trying to make it to Baku without resistance. But the terrain was very rough and the Red Army managed to move weak defense forces in. Despite of the numerical and air superiority of the german forces the Red Army held it's position. When it was clear that even if the exhausted german tank divisions did push through they would not be able to withstand a possible counterattack the attack was canceled.
08202006145103rz5.jpg

While the bulk of the german forces pushed south to liberate Iraq and conquer Suez, awaiting strong resistance from the UK and maybe even some US troops, reinforcements were sent east to hold the frontline with the SU. Mainly bulgarian troops would hopefully make good use of the terrain, freeing german forces and binding forces of the Red Army.
08202006162028ii8.jpg

The resistance was not as hard as expected and Rommel lead two german and two italian armoured divisions to Suez while the slower infantry together with von Mansteins armoured divisions encircled and destroyed the british resistance.
08202006181340iz8.jpg

Early April the weather began to change and the Red Army started to attack with superior numbers. German troops had to fall back, preparing a counter offense in return.
08202006200432wa9.jpg

But the Red Army managed to send more and more reinforcements into the province and when finally outnumbered 2:1 Field Marshal Dietl had to stop the attack.
08212006010212mh5.jpg

At least in the ME german troops were advancing well and more and more divisions were sent by train on their long journey back to northern Ukraine, where the spring attack was planned, but where right now the Red Army was advancing.
08212006023310no3.jpg

Belgorod and Bielovodsk had to be evacuated.
08212006042205wx1.jpg

But the german forces scored a deceisive victory when Chernigov was defended since Vyshgorod and Chernigov were meant to be starting points of the german spring offense and the troops from the ME were on their way there. Loosing those provinces would have had serious consequences.
08212006043128nl3.jpg

Germany liberated a Arabic Federation and the Italian holdings in Northern Africa.
(image incoming with next update - I have to do some serious editing here since Vichy France captured half of at that time UK occupied Lybia and when my german lead units were hitting Tobruk they were also just occupying the territory for Germany and not liberating it for Italy.)

Fantastic work on Liberating the Arabic Federation and advancing into North Africa. Hopefully the Arab Federation will prove a valuable ally in providing divisions and resources to you this early in the game. You've still got a long way to go in Russia but Turkey was an absolute pushover and handed to the Bulgarians as a gift. I get the feeling that I will see Arab armies attacking north into the Caucusus Mountains for the first time in over a thousand years.

Nice to see Vichy France pulling their weight by taking the Allies to the cleaners in Northern Africa, but I feel that you will be forced to come and save their butts at some point if the US lands in Africa.

By the way, how is Japan doing? In the Brazilian Stony Road AAR, they managed to completely annex and puppet China then march into India and destroy almost 100 UK and US divisions. Seems they're not doing so great this time around.

It will probably take some time till the Arab Federation will at least cover it's own beaches, if the Arab Federation sends exp forces I will indeed use them together with the Bulgarians on the caucasian front with the SU. I don't know if it's a shame or luck that Persia a few months before I started to invade Turkey changed it's gouvernment - I had Persia and Afghanistan already with a chance to join the Axis, but did not want to be overrun by the SU and the UK. So I lost the chance to get to the soft underbelly of the SU and to push into India, but guess it would have overstretched my lines. With neutral Persia as buffer I hope that I can hold the ME until the Arab Federation produced some troops.
The funny thing is that Vichy and the Allies had a peace agreements a few weeks after, but Vichy occupied large parts of Lybia which I now have to edit since I can't reclaim them for Italy otherwise and I also don't understand why even Germany now occupies the Italian provinces, but hopefully editing will solve the problem. I also think the Torch event needs some work since he should not fire without Axis presence in NA, but maybe attacking Turkey triggered it.

Japan is indeed not doing that well in my game, but they still manage to keep some territory in China and even occupied a few provinces on the Phillipines so far. Will try to throw in a SS from Asia in the next update. Argentina and Brazil are rather at a stalemate, but Argentina should have a chance to advance further, if no US invasion will take place. Fortunately for Argentina Brazil had decided not to join the Allies in an earlier event.

Good update! Your pretty colse to Baku now :D

kami888 said:
I suggest you take Turkey under your control - it will be more realistic this way. Bulgaria can keep Istanbul if it really wants to. :)

Yes, it would be for sure more realistic. I planned to conquer and release Turkey as a puppet, but had to invade thru Bulgaria. Will take a look if I can edit the game accordingly.

General Jac said:
Good update! Your pretty colse to Baku now :D

So close, but still so far... :p

Sorry for not updating quite a while but work and RL kept me busy.
Preparing an update about what happened right now and will have time to play on today, so expect further updates soon.

Barbarossa - Part VI

The Red Army used its superior numbers to put on some serious pressure on the Axis forces. The frontline was shortened to keep the armoured forces from a fate as defensive weapons. Several armoured divisions were on their way from the Middle East and the already availiable ones were rolling into position.
08212006043755mb1.jpg

Plan was to strike north, cutting off the rather weak forces in the area around Minsk. If this could be achieved a massive strike to the southeast was possible, hopefully trapping the bulk of the Red Army in front of Heeresgruppe Süd along the Don river. After such a massive blow the Red Army would probably no longer be able to withstand the german advance and seizing Moscow would be an rather easy task. But it was crucial that the german forces would hold the Ukraine, binding the Red Army there.
08212006051108qh2.jpg

Infantry was supporting the armoured spearhead with additional attacks, trying to round the divisions of the Red Army up.
08212006062020bl9.jpg

Over twenty divisions of the Red Army were destroyed in the process, including a few armoured divisions. Still the Red Army was expected to consist of about 319 Infantry and 37 armoured divisions.
08212006073139nd2.jpg

While the armoured forces were regrouping for the massive blow to the southeast the Polizei-Division was converted into a PzG division, and even though being understrength from the conversion it was ordered right into action. The 2nd, 3rd and 5th SS-Panzer divisions were grouped together in the I.SS-Panzerkorps, Lt.Gen Dietrich was in command while a new corps for SS-PzG divisions was formed. Even though Germany had a huge amount of skilled officers the fast buildup of the Wehrmacht caused problems in covering all positions.
09052006165401cu8.jpg

Woot! You took care of a good deal of Soviet soldiers there, only 5 million left then :D

Great job it seems like the russian warmachine is steadily collapsing