• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Strange that that weird purple is 'clear' in the weather mapmode...

@General Jac
Yes, but only the RN could have stopped me - unfortunately they came too late (see update later). I dunno if I was incredible lucky or the AI still needs some tuning. What would have the RN done in case of a lost Airbattle over Engalnd is the question.

@anonymous4401
It's indeed frozen, but that picture is from january.
Invasion will happen in march since its suicide assaulting the fortifications in combination with frozen/snow when the RN could move in every day. The victory needs to be as fast as possible and I need to be able to land a self sufficient force before the RN will drive me off.

@lifeless
Aye, and I will get more once London is captured.
But MP is really bothering me...

Man, I hate it when Wiking is always said to be a Panzer division, when in reality they were a too large motorised division until winter 41 when they got the crap beaten out of them and had to re-equip. They had like ten tanks in the whole divisions :rofl: . And usually the Wermacht panzers had to bust them out of difficult situations :p .

A good AAr, but may I suggest that you'd link those pictures to this AAR directly as it chews on my reading morale when I have to click and then enlarge all the pictures to see what's happening :( .

Well, I am doing the thumbnail thing to reduce load time since I use tons of images per page and probably some people are not interested in all images. I know it's no ideal solution but I hope it's not that bad.

I must admit I did not research "Wiking" - seems like an upgrade event would indeed be the better solution. Might want to post it in the stony suggestions.

Sealion - Part I

At the morning of 10th of march german marines began assaulting Dover. Recon showed no sign of the RN so far.

With the support of parachutes the resistance in Dover was crushed fast.

It was only a question of time till the RN would show up - if Germany would not manage to ship a big enough force the loss of german elite divisions would be a consequence.

The airforce minister Carl Siemens passed away right when Sealion started. The appointment of Friedrich Grauert was causing some dissent since Göring was still interested in the position.

It took the RN almost seven days to show up, a total of 28 divisions had managed to unload or be paradropped until the Kriegsmarine had to retreat. No ship was sunk on both sides due to night engagement making the RN carriers unable to launch their planes effectively.

German troops marched towards Bristol while the Luftwaffe bombed the RN. Several Ships were hit but none was sunk.

German troops continued their advance. The RN was now guarding the channel as expected and the Luftwaffe sank the carrier HMS Indefatigable and a destroyer flotilla due to heavy bombardements.

On March 23rd another attempt was made to reinforce the troops on the British Isles.

This time the RN reeacted quickly and the Kriegsmarine had to retreat. Several ships on both sides reported damages, but again no ship was sunk. The Luftwaffe would later sink another destroyer flotilla when chasing the RN.

The german troops assaulted Birmingham and would try to encircle London afterwards.

Yes, on the one hand I am happy the recon&surprise tatctic worked on the other hand I would have rather had a quick response of the RN making me loose my invasion force like I expected. The question really bothering me is if the RN would have strongly guarded the channel after a successfull german Airbattle over England and how big the chances of a successful Sealion would have been in that case.

I guess the most possible outcome might have been no Sealion at all but an peace agreement like Hitler proposed...

I hope you didn't use Rhine barges! :wacko:

Good! Sealion was a sucess in this game also :)

HSR makes a distinction between all those transport types, right? If not, then what's the mod that has about twenty different subtypes per ship?

Hehe, yes I pretty much expanded the beachhead - just liberated Scotland (will update soon) ;)

Hm, in HSR the Navies are individualized a bit via the Navy event giving each Navy some historical boosts and weaknesses. Transports are more expensive but there are no different models. I think there is probably a seperate Navy mod which has more models.

Sealion - Part II

On March 29th the german attack on London began.

The attack on the suburbs was going well, but the 5th motorized Infantry Division was defending heroically, fending off superior german troops despite of heavy bombardement by the Luftwaffe. The weather was worsening also and the allied forces tried to break the encirclement around London several times, but with no success.

Only due to massive air bombardements the 5th mot was forced to surrender on 7th of April.

On April 16th Sheffield was taken and the RN lost it's last major base in the south. Now it was safe for the Kriegsmarine to land more troops to garrison possible beachheads.

On April 23rd the encircled troops in Sunderland had to surrender and the UK gouvernment was fleeing to Karachi.

Now british resistance was fading and on April 29th the final offense into Scotish Highlands began.

After defeating the last resistance and successful negotiations with scottish seperatists Germany created a scottish puppet state. Motivation was to strengthen seperatist movements all over the empire. Also it was a punishment, direct consequence of Churchill somehow managing to keep the UK at war not accepting the german peace offers right before Sealion and even now demanding to fight on.

Good! Serves those englishmen right ;)

Winston Churchill said:
...and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the Old.

rar0ja.gif

Ah, thanks for that quote - good to know Churchill would indeed still have wanted to fight even if the home isles are captured. Even if it's doubtful that he would have had the neccesary support (as long as the US was not in the war) it makes the game feel more real.

There should be some bonus event for capturing the home isles and especially London, though. I have liberated Scotland and Ireland and am now at 13% dissent - could really use some dissent reducing "Hooray we captured London" event ;)