• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ermac said:
This is downright unrealistic why would china have any real reason go to war with its single largest trading partner when all that would bring is a grinding halt too their growing economy which last time i checked is Beijings top priority. If your just gonna spam all the Major Powers world versus the USA then thats not gonna make a very good AAR.

Sigh. China is not in the war yet.

Thinsulate said:
Sigh. China is not in the war yet.

Don't listen to them!
Just continue this fabolous AAR and never mind those who scream that this is sooooooooo unrealistic :rolleyes:

USA! USA! USA!

Withdraw the fleets back, bring up the draft, and then smack them euroweenies right back to where they came from!

Don't take this the wrong way please but....if you wont even be using an actual game for much/most of this its not really an AAR is it? It sounds more like a what-if story :confused:

jacob-Lundgren said:
Don't take this the wrong way please but....if you wont even be using an actual game for much/most of this its not really an AAR is it? It sounds more like a what-if story :confused:

Fine.

This AAR will be closed after one last update.

You know, considering there are no other AAR's with no ingame screenshots.

It doesn't have to be closed - perhaps a mod could move it to the OT Forum? :)

There is a whole bunch of AARs which don't contain ingame screens!
And a lot of them are awesome!!

So please DON'T abandon this!!

Admiral Yamamot said:
There is a whole bunch of AARs which don't contain ingame screens!
And a lot of them are awesome!!

So please DON'T abandon this!!

I have decided to continue.

Any Flag-waving Americans hoping to ruin this AAR will be totality ignored in future.

You don't like the AAR? Unsubscribe and get out. Don't ruin it for the people who are enjoying it.

I said don't take this the wrong way hoping to encourage you to put some more graphics up, really of any strategic kind. Some maps, production reports something other then pictures of flags and politicians and words. You sadly enough did end up taking it the wrong way. :wacko: :wacko: :confused:

edit: I bet you would have taken my criticism in stride if I had a different flag up however :( Maybe next time look at the words and not who said them ;)

jacob-Lundgren said:
I said don't take this the wrong way hoping to encourage you to put some more graphics up, really of any strategic kind. Some maps, production reports something other then pictures of flags and politicians and words. You sadly enough did end up taking it the wrong way. :wacko: :wacko: :confused:

edit: I bet you would have taken my criticism in stride if I had a different flag up however :( Maybe next time look at the words and not who said them ;)

Well some people enjoy this writing style. I may close this AAR and make a new one of the same style on a different war/topic, this seems to be very unpopular with all the Americans.

Thinsulate said:
Well some people enjoy this writing style. I may close this AAR and make a new one of the same style on a different war/topic, this seems to be very unpopular with all the Americans.

Which is why you should do this thread.

You shouldn't let flaming control what you do or write. Do what the Danes do. :)

Don't cancel this AAR!!
I really like reading this.

You guys who say "Impozzibel that USA loses becuz USA gots übermench army" can get out since nobody is forcing you to read this. If you feel not fine with this AAR, return to HoI2 AAR forum and find something else to read. I am not talking as a Euroweenie, I am enjoying this from a non-biased viewpoint. I don't give a crap about how war started, 1944 AARs don't have to explain why Allies are in France and why Germans are in Russia. The background is not the essence of this story, it's the how things will turn out. If I remember correctly, the writer said that it doesn't matter when war goes on, people don't care about why when it's time to ask what now.

There are like tons of AARs with not pictures, these are called narratives, I think everyone here knows it. If you don't like this, you can go play MDS2 as USA and DOW Europe and nuke it to pieces and then liberate it from axis of evil. Ok, that's what I did in MDS. Go read something like Germany 1944 AAR which are usually heavily gameplay-based, but nobody is forcing you to read this. I don't know how many people really like reading this AAR, but damn yeah I liked this since first update.

Thank You. This post comes bit late but I could have posted this 5 hours ago too.

I personally believe that this situation would not happen in the real world, and that the US at this point cannot lose any war it fully commits to.

But so what? This is an AAR, a hypothetical situation. It's a fun situation, Yet I want to see how Putin and Europe will cooperate with each other, I want to see how bush could screw this up and how America recovers, I want to see what changes happen in America and the Pacific. This is very well written, and I am enjoying it thus far, isn't that what we read AARs for? To suspend our disbelief? Thats the point of fiction, heck, my AAR is about aliens! How realistic is that?

In any case Thin, don't close the AAR, continue. Please. That's your decision alone, not anyone elses.

September 22nd 2008

China invades Taiwan​

In a shock move, the Peoples Republic of China has invaded Taiwan. Whilst the Americans lose their world Police status as they are too busy in Europe, China has taken advantage of their current weakness to begin it's long awaited invasion. Putin later signed a deal of Friendship with the Chinese, securing yet another Alliance against the Americans. Russia and China had yet to declare war on the United States, but it seemed iniment.

fig-006.jpg
Putin inspecting Chinese troops before the invasion​

The invasion started on the Grim morning of September 22nd with a large air strike. The Navy and Army launched Duel operations to quickly destroy Taiwans planes on the ground. So far, the small island has offered much resistance against the aggressors, and shows to be a interesting fight.

The Chinese landed later in the morning, with the first large-scale amphibious operation of the war so far.

20050826-china-russia.jpg

Putin later said to the Chinese president Hu Jintao,

"The days of the West are over. The transfer of power from West to east, has begun"

TreizeV said:
I personally believe that this situation would not happen in the real world, and that the US at this point cannot lose any war it fully commits to.

But so what? This is an AAR, a hypothetical situation. It's a fun situation, Yet I want to see how Putin and Europe will cooperate with each other, I want to see how bush could screw this up and how America recovers, I want to see what changes happen in America and the Pacific. This is very well written, and I am enjoying it thus far, isn't that what we read AARs for? To suspend our disbelief? Thats the point of fiction, heck, my AAR is about aliens! How realistic is that?

In any case Thin, don't close the AAR, continue. Please. That's your decision alone, not anyone elses.
Again, I did not ask him to stop it I simply asked him to expand on it more. If he is not going to do it with pictures or maps or graphics of any sort and no in game screen shots then the least he could do is some greater detail into the battles beyond what has currently been posted. A really good story has great detail. If it is not going to come from graphics of any kind then its hardly flaming for me to ask for greater detail in some other fashion. I am not sure how to clarify this further.

Chinese landing in Taiwan? Maybe this will bring end to the nearly 100-year civil war..

I wonder how the Japanese and Koreans react, Korea is in deep trouble with Commies and Japan is bound by it's pacifistic constitution, and no doubt USA will use Japan as a base in campaigning against China if things in Korea get hot...

It's only matter of time that will USA be able to save Taiwan..