• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
i will add my encouragement to you to not close this, or even think about doing so. it is very entertaining, and there are SO many aars with no screenshots its stupid. you seem to have stirred up a patriotic yankee hornets nest of people who dont like it because america is losing but they should just not read it and stop moaning and filling up the forum with crap. so i'm glad to see you havent closed this my friend.

BritishImperial said:
i will add my encouragement to you to not close this, or even think about doing so. it is very entertaining, and there are SO many aars with no screenshots its stupid. you seem to have stirred up a patriotic yankee hornets nest of people who dont like it because america is losing but they should just not read it and stop moaning and filling up the forum with crap. so i'm glad to see you havent closed this my friend.
Again and again :p

I am not asking he close it. I am asking he expand the details. I sent him a pm with an example, hopefully it takes it as I mean it. :)

thats arite mate, that was a general message to all the people out there who have left a stressy comment. you are ok, you've explained yourself :D

Silas Et Rege said:
What does the situation in S. America look like, also what happened to all the US troops based in Europe?

I guess the got detained or shot.

Just felt the need to add one TINY little thing, reading through some posts here that are complaining (more or less) about the REALISM of this.

Now, this situation is not at all unrealistic. Maybe today, but not in 30-40 years. Definitely not. Relations between major European nations and the U.S. have been on the downfall since the Vietnam war when the 'States refused to withdraw even under pressure of like, 90% of the "civilized world" aka the one that counts in protesting. Including a fair amount of the U.S. itself.

The actual military power of the United States of America is also a delusion. A facade to hide collpasing industries, corrupt economy and national dissent. And the fact that with current rise/fall in industrial output the People's Republic of China will have a greater industrial economy than the U.S. by 2050. Already having greater exports and military industry. May I remind you of WHO won the Vietnam war? The Commies did. What kinda government does Afghanistan, which we've have been fighting so long to make democratic, have now? They're authoritarian. What did we accomplish in Korea? Did we drive the Commies out? Eh? What about Iraq? Have we established freedom liberty and justice to the people of the middle east? And hey, what's up with Israel? They're winning the war too, aren't they? Oh that's right... Israel is just having WAR MOBILIZATION to handel MUSLIM PARTISANS. Or, as we like to call it TERRORISTS. Unorganized groups of Third-world women and children, but the we can't handle 'em, can we?

The United States of America is the greatest country in the world. This is a fact. However, it is a country in Stagnation, and has been so since the middle of the 20th century.

What is, of course, unrealistic is that the European Union would actually be able to gain the influence needed to gather all European nations under one banner and declare all-out war. However, that shall remain the authors mystery.

IF HOWEVER all these countries were united in war, they would beat the living crap out of the U.S.A.
And if China and Russia would join the war? Hell, they'd probably even have more nukes than the 'mericans. (observe that realistic stastistics for this does not exist, of course there is the U.N. statistics, but if you think the 'States doesn't use their influence to exaggerate their own power, you're pretty daft.)

// Politically Concerned, relatively patriotic *cough cough*, Semi-'Merican (I live in Europe, so I guess it can't be more than semi)

Can we please move the discusions about the realism of this AAR and such to the OT-forum or PM's.

Please continue with your AAR, Thinsulate, I don't care about the how and why because it's a game, even more, it's a simulation so everything is possible. Also remember it's Human vs Pc and we all know the AI.

So, its every-one vs the USA... interesting :D

I'll be following this AAR, but I'd really like to know the reason why this all started, will there be a Chapter of explanation?

Incubux said:
Just felt the need to add one TINY little thing, reading through some posts here that are complaining (more or less) about the REALISM of this.

Now, this situation is not at all unrealistic. Maybe today, but not in 30-40 years. Definitely not. Relations between major European nations and the U.S. have been on the downfall since the Vietnam war when the 'States refused to withdraw even under pressure of like, 90% of the "civilized world" aka the one that counts in protesting. Including a fair amount of the U.S. itself.

The actual military power of the United States of America is also a delusion. A facade to hide collpasing industries, corrupt economy and national dissent. And the fact that with current rise/fall in industrial output the People's Republic of China will have a greater industrial economy than the U.S. by 2050. Already having greater exports and military industry. May I remind you of WHO won the Vietnam war? The Commies did. What kinda government does Afghanistan, which we've have been fighting so long to make democratic, have now? They're authoritarian. What did we accomplish in Korea? Did we drive the Commies out? Eh? What about Iraq? Have we established freedom liberty and justice to the people of the middle east? And hey, what's up with Israel? They're winning the war too, aren't they? Oh that's right... Israel is just having WAR MOBILIZATION to handel MUSLIM PARTISANS. Or, as we like to call it TERRORISTS. Unorganized groups of Third-world women and children, but the we can't handle 'em, can we?

The United States of America is the greatest country in the world. This is a fact. However, it is a country in Stagnation, and has been so since the middle of the 20th century.

What is, of course, unrealistic is that the European Union would actually be able to gain the influence needed to gather all European nations under one banner and declare all-out war. However, that shall remain the authors mystery.

IF HOWEVER all these countries were united in war, they would beat the living crap out of the U.S.A.
And if China and Russia would join the war? Hell, they'd probably even have more nukes than the 'mericans. (observe that realistic stastistics for this does not exist, of course there is the U.N. statistics, but if you think the 'States doesn't use their influence to exaggerate their own power, you're pretty daft.)

// Politically Concerned, relatively patriotic *cough cough*, Semi-'Merican (I live in Europe, so I guess it can't be more than semi)

You are absolutely destroying the semi-ceasefire status that has gone on here. The "Dumb patriotic flag-waving American hornets nest" is NOT even responding! It's shit like this that will spark it back up and will make it be banned. Are you really American? Doesn't sound like you think too highly of your native country?

The fact is, this is NOT an AAR if it's NOT based on an HOI game. I don't care if you don't have in game screen shots, but if it's not based on an HOI game, it isn't an AAR. Personally, it's very well written and the pictures are awesome... the story is obviously meant to piss off Americans (it takes place in the modern world, and it's a scenario where the entire world fights America), but it's just a story so it's not actually going to piss off Americans. If it was the World vs the US, there is no way the US will win (actually, the world would be destroyed), so we know what's going to happen.

"Everyone must join in the crusade against evil"
-WOW

That picture of the Brit a couple pages ago has an American on his right :D .

Keep going, I like this.

You are absolutely destroying the semi-ceasefire status that has gone on here.

Thats what you just did, congrats.

---

A thing this AAR would need is maybe a world map where we can see who is fighting the US, who is neutral, etc.

Last edited:
General_Grant said:
Thats what you just did not, congrats.

---

A thing this AAR would need is maybe a world map where we can see who is fighting the US, who is neutral, etc.

Explain.

Sharkfreak06 said:

feed_troll.jpg

I like this AAR very much, even if it aint't "realistic". But come on how realistic is HOI? One can take over the USA with Yugoslavia if you play well enough :rofl:

So this "debate" is just unnecessary

oh dear christ this aar will be shut down if this argument continues. and yes, i know i was part of it earlier, though mainly in support of the author. i find it hard to believe that a story has caused so much aggro.

Could tohse gentelman, who plan on de-railing this AAR with claims of ahistoricity and patriotic or anti-patriotic flag-waving please leave this thread so that the author can continue to deilver his story?

My humblest thanks.

Can you guys really not detect a hint of sarcasm in my post?

Have faith in the Mods, they're not going to toss anything for no reason... there's no hate here.

Well I don't unterstand why an anti-american AAR should be closed or so, there are plenty of anti-russian, anti-german, anti-chinese and even a anti-serbian AAR and nobody cares so it should be the same for this one, but the fact is, this story ISN'T an AAR! Just recongnize it, you can call it a fanfic, a what-if story or whatever but it's not an aar since it's not based on a HOI game.

(Note, my flagwaving is against the author. I love to root against the author. I have done that several times, most notably Duke of Wellington's EU3 aar)

USA! Come on, turn the tide! You can do it! Withdraw out of the supercontinent and keep control of the islands and the Americas!

EDIT:Also AARs where it is everyone vs. 1 guy are more fun when you are the 1 guy rather than everyone. Right now it seems a little bit easy