• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Skarion

Field Marshal
23 Badges
Jul 3, 2004
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • 500k Club
  • 200k Club
  • Magicka
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
The World is Divided

Mod for HoI2: ARM, latest patch.
Version: Beta 1.23

Users: Each released version of the World is Divided is usually downloaded by over 100 unique users.

-- Downloadinstructions.

-- The World Divided AAR

-- British AAR by Ovg

The world is divided.

Russia fell apart in an civil war there the monarchist Russia have claimed their superiority against the Soviet rebells. The areas known as Finland, Ukraine, Siberia and Turkmenistan slowly became independent when the central government collapsed as well as when foreign nations started to grab what they could from the dying country.

By skyrocketting inflation, civil war and invasions has the realm of Great Britain collapsed into chaos.

Spain is strong, Napoleonian Great Netherlands still hanging on, the Habsburg empire is still stretching it's legs, the Ottoman empire is far from the sick man of Europe and France is the greatest empire that's seen to date.

The world is divided and it's not the way it's supposed to be. While the world has turned authocratic since the last economic collapse the only true power that's keeping it's democratic ideals is Mexico. The only place there the communist ideals remain unthreathened is in communist China and in Europe Germany has become the strongest nation in Europe.

Though even after all this the nations in Africa and South America has been spared from the last economic collapse and are mightier than ever, prepared to be able to spread their claws over the world when it's at it's weakest point.

The World is Divided and only You can Unite it.

Last edited:
DOWNLOAD
---------------------------
>> Make an backup on your db, map, gfx, config and ai folders.
>> After you've downloaded, extract the files into your main Doomsday: ARM folder.
>> Click accept when it ask if it's allowed to overwrite files.
>> Start the game.
>> Select the scenario "World Divided" and then play.
---------------------------

This is the beta version.

Please suggest events to be added in this thread. If you add a script for the event it's very likely that I add the event.

Timeline for the scenario will be put up here sooner or later.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
I'll test it så snart I have tid. ;)

Van der Gent said:
I'll test it så snart I have tid. ;)

Good! :)

kris4o1993 said:
Maybe a Balkan war will be good :)

Romania and Bulgaria want independence from the Ottomans and with Austrian help they become independent.

btw, what is the timeframe of the game?

Timeframe with basic planned events will be posted here the comming days. Any tweaking to the timeline I'm going to suggest is highly appreciated.

An Balkan war is planned. :)

Add ministers and leaders:
- Add ministers and leaders for Angola.
- Add ministers and leaders for Texas.
- Add ministers and leaders for California.
- Add ministers and leaders for Vichy.
- Add ministers and leaders for Italy.
- Add ministers and leaders for Quebec.

Add graphics
- Create new banners for the mod.

New tech tree
- If you are experienced, please send me a PM for more information.

Fix events:
- Add outcomes for French event 6008 in case the emperor take power.
- Refine the Soviet Union event tree. PM me.
- Refine the Japanese event tree. PM me.
- Refine the Russian event tree. PM me.
- Refine the Angolan event tree. PM me.
- Refine the French civil wars events. PM me.

Add events:
- That let Angola continue it's annexation of Africa and invade Europe. PM me.
- Flavour events. PM me.
- Spanish civil wars events. PM me.
- That handle the Habsburg federation. PM me.
- That handle the Swedish colonies. PM me.
- That handle the plundering of Xianyang. PM me.
- Add event that give back the Vichy's provinces in Africa to France.

Fix AI:
- Generally improve the AI
-- Fix Australia's amphibious invasion AI.
-- Fix Siam's amphibious invasion AI.
-- Fix Japan's amphibious invasion AI.
-- Fix Bolivias amphibious invasion AI.
-- Fix Angola's amphibious invasion AI.
-- Fix Quebec's amphibious invasion AI.
-- Improve the Russian AI.
-- Improve the Soviet AI.
-- Improve the Mexican AI.
-- Improve the Texan AI.
-- Improve the Californian AI.
-- Improve the Chinese AI.
- Generally adapt the AI
-- Make the Finnish AI not progress too quickly in case Russia/Soviet behaves stupidly.

** General reminder for myself:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9069060&postcount=63
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9153774&postcount=96

Last edited:
Certainly an excellent start!
I think you should "borrow" some ministers from other mods ;)
Add units and maybe you won't even need many new events :) There are plenty of cores to gain :)

Biges said:
Certainly an excellent start!
I think you should "borrow" some ministers from other mods ;)
Add units and maybe you won't even need many new events :) There are plenty of cores to gain :)

Thanks! :)

I need events to get the alliances and AI wars going. :)

Maybe I'll be borrowing ministers (after asking of course), but I will most likely create quite a few myself.

Currently my focus is on events, armies, balance and correcting potential errors though. :)

silvanski said:
Interesting scenario
The Kingdom of the Greater Netherlands still intact? That one could use a Belgian revolt event ;)

I was thinking that if France/Austria is successfull against Germany/Ottoman empire then they will have events that let them divide Greater Netherlands into Belgium, Netherlands and French protectorate.

Finland has most historical Baltic Finnic lands? Very nice. :)

Oh, Hi... My name is Sam and I'm new in this thing of mod, so for now I'll only bring you guys ideas, wright? So I've ben thinkin' in this...

1st- Hey guys, you should get some mininsters from annoother mod, like Wilhelm II or Napoleòn IV... Karl I... I think the better place to take them is from A peace to end all peace mod...
2nd- Please change some colors of nations... They get me and annother people confused...

For now on I'll give you some ideias of how fix that things at the your mod... Of corse, only if you agree...
:cool:

samuelspellmann said:
Oh, Hi... My name is Sam and I'm new in this thing of mod, so for now I'll only bring you guys ideas, wright? So I've ben thinkin' in this...

All suggestions are welcome! :)

1st- Hey guys, you should get some mininsters from annoother mod, like Wilhelm II or Napoleòn IV... Karl I... I think the better place to take them is from A peace to end all peace mod...

Maybe will ask.

Though currently new leaders will be lent from:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=370497

They will be added in an later releaseversion. :)

2nd- Please change some colors of nations... They get me and annother people confused...

They are already changed in my version, though as I wanted the downloaders to experience as little problems as possible I didn't add that (as the downloaders would then have to hassle with moving files etc).

Also I guessed that they could then change the colors however the way they wanted to change the colors themselves. :)

Thanks for the suggestions!

Great Skarion, I hope you update that download with this... :D
Oh yeah, I was almost forgetting about this: I took your version and put it in a Peace to end all peace game, and It worked perfectally... In fact, that fix the ministers problem...
If I have some new ideias, I will show you...

Hi... I was at you mod and I had some new ideas and questions...
1st... You could subtitute the name "Republican Spain" for Ibéria becuse the Iberic peninsule is unificated...
2nd... Why Bolivia has us (brazilian) amazon?
that's for now...

Oh, in next days I'll be working in some possible events for germany and Brazil... or German Empire, if you change Hitler and Hess for wilhelm II and von Papen... When some of they are over, I'll write them it this site... Some of this events will probably affect annothers nations like Sweden, Austria and France...

Ps...
1st...Please change Austria to A-H or something like that...
2nd... Why France has the most of Italy?
3rd... Why there is no paraguay? And It's because the Paraguay war ended with an annexation?
that´s all for now... bye :cool:

Very nice mod you have here, nice job in making it. Here my two cents in suggestions.

1) Maybe make Mexico liberate Texas or the other states

2) I'd like more events but since you only finished the senerio, it's ok

3) change the names of some country's like Mexico could become like an Empire, the U.S sould have like 5-6 stars on their flag.

4) i dunno, when i invaded columbia, they had like huge deposits of IC, maybe you could change some.

3) change the names of some country's like Mexico could become like an Empire, the U.S sould have like 5-6 stars on their flag.

I agree with you guy, there are some nations that someone had better change the name, like mexico, austria... reublican spain...