• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How fitting that Bush leads America into WW3. Keep it up! I've always wanted to do a MDS AAR, this one looks great.

Andrew. said:
Can't make it a tad more... plausible? I'm finding it hard to believe the most powerful military force in the world is getting their ass beat so bad, especially in the water, where the US has the largest, best navy in the world.

If Americans behaved realisticly - yes the US would kick EU ass.

Now the US are sending their navy into EU water, and as the EU has naval supremacy in shallow water Im quite sure it would be the EU kicking US ass. Maybe was a bold move based on Bush trying to gain prestigepoints?

I like this AAR so far!
Please keep up the good work! :)

Superb as of yet.

Due to the quickness of the updates, and index in the first post might be in order, though.

September 1st
Franz Josef Jung named as European Army Cheif​
0,1020,875142,00.jpg

A vote in Brussels sees Franz Josef Jung as head of the European Army and all operations. He received 90% of the vote, Including the United Kingdom, Frances and Spains vote.

In other news...

putin_cold_warrior.png

Putin and his commanders are apparently drawing up plans for an invasion of the United states. An American spy was able to infiltrate and find out about the plans. As there were no actual plans drawn up, and it was more of a plan of a plan, the United States is still none the wiser. And with their spy inside the Kremlin found out, all the United States knows the Russians are planning a Pre-emptive attack. But where?

Amazing how fast the updates keep coming .... :)

Me like it! :D

I like your writing style and the "real" pictures you give ... the only thing which would be nice to see would be a screen of the game itself.

Do I detect an Alaskan invasion?

Also, where will the Great Dragon spill his fiery breath? Are the resource-fields of Siberia, or the possibility of a complete southern asian hegemony more tempting?

Why the war started, BTW?

:eek: ...

What of Ireland? Considering most people voted against Lisbon because they were afraid of an EU Army I can't imagine us siding with the EU at all.

Well, unless there was massive mind control involved. Which certainly looks possible. :)

RossN said:

What of Ireland? Considering most people voted against Lisbon because they were afraid of an EU Army I can't imagine us siding with the EU at all.

Well, unless there was massive mind control involved. Which certainly looks possible. :)

Truth be told you probably joined Canada and Switzerland in Neutrality.

If I see Russians in Seattle ill stop taking this AAR seriously.

Ermac said:
If I see Russians in Seattle ill stop taking this AAR seriously.
If I see battle-tested American fighters get shot down in a 5:1 ratio by untested European pilots and two of the best-protected ships in the world are sunk, I'll stop taking it seriously.

Oh, wait. . . ;)

Can't wait until the US gets the Raptors in.

Last edited:
RossN said:

Well, I doubt the reason why people voted against the Lisbon Treaty was because of military affairs. To be honest, in the interviews to the people who voted "no", I heard to dumbest of reasons. One of them would be: "I voted "no" because my husband voted "no"." *smiles* *grins* *gives a chuckle*
And such things as "Voted no because I read in a paper that with the Lisbon treaty, abortion and gay marriage wouldn't be prohibited." It's really mind-boggling how people actually believe in that (And the general reasons why people voted no). While I understand those people who voted no because the Treaty is just as confusing and complex as the EU Constitution was. Now the reason about the military is just as dumb as other (Ok, not so dumb.)

Anyways, nice AAR. I immediatly thought of doing one about a EU-USA as well! (But with more background. We'll see that later)

I don't know where the myth of the "Best Military EVAR!!!!" came from, with regards to the United States. The last war the US actually won to conclusion was WWII, and that was facing 1/10th of German forces (as the brunt of the Wehrmacht was ground to dust on the steppes of Russia). Korea was fought to a draw, the first Iraq war was over before it began, and this Iraq war is going on inconclusively.

The US has lots of bombs that it can fire into buildings very smartly, but the US military isn't really better than the combined forces of Europe. The opening stages of a coordinated surprise attack would certainly take the USN and USAF by surprise, thus instilling early defeats. A concentrated assault on Afghanistan would likely roll the Americans back, coupled with the possible intervention of Iran and a potential shifting of Pakistan. As Pakistan goes, so goes the Afghan forces' supply lines, save the EU-Russian troops.

ANd while the USN would recover fairly quickly, the US Army is critical as it is. Longer deployments, fewer enlistments, and battle strain have worn the Army out; it will take months to rebuild, even with the advent of conscription and the waves of newly-found patriots who will undoubtedly respond to an attack on their soil. If Europe can gain a foothold on the American continent within six months, especially the major centres along the East Coast, the US just might be defeated militarily.

If it takes longer than that, the US can likely rebuild and be able to re-arm and refit. There is also the question of partisans, which, in certain areas, would comprise 90% or more of the population--making occupation untenable at best.

Interesting scenario, Thinsulate. I'll be watching.

RossN said:

doesnt ireland have the euro? you know, suggesting they are fairly into being part of europe...

i love this aar. half because it is well written, entertaining, and involves the good guys winning ( :eek: ) ( :p ) and half because almost every american on the forum has swooped down and got in a big paddy because thinsulate dared to say the usn is losing. i think it is kinda plausible, as the yanks were lured close enough for a lot of the quite formidable european air force to help out.

as the eu's gdp is bigger than that of the US, it is plausible to say that in a war without nukes, the EU could triumph. we have the SAS :D

Jolt said:
Well, I doubt the reason why people voted against the Lisbon Treaty was because of military affairs. To be honest, in the interviews to the people who voted "no", I heard to dumbest of reasons. One of them would be: "I voted "no" because my husband voted "no"." *smiles* *grins* *gives a chuckle*
And such things as "Voted no because I read in a paper that with the Lisbon treaty, abortion and gay marriage wouldn't be prohibited." It's really mind-boggling how people actually believe in that (And the general reasons why people voted no). While I understand those people who voted no because the Treaty is just as confusing and complex as the EU Constitution was. Now the reason about the military is just as dumb as other (Ok, not so dumb.)

*Shrugs* I'm sure if a similar investigation was held into why people voted 'yes' it would reveal a whole of host of other stupid reasons.

People. Can't live with 'em, and I forget how the rest of that goes. :)

BritishImperial said:
doesnt ireland have the euro? you know, suggesting they are fairly into being part of europe...

Not really.

Now don't get me wrong most Irish people are pro-European, but it isn't some sort of deep emotional attatchment to idea of a united Europe. It is more a 'this had been good for us so it must be a good thing'. Now that we have to pay money into the EU rather than the other way around expect attitudes to change pretty quickly...

Anyway this is getting very off track, so we should probably stop interupting this very good AAR. :eek:o