• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Grand Historian

Pretentious Username | Iaponia Lead Dev
80 Badges
May 13, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
Much like with the Idea Suggestion Compilation Thread, this thread will be one for achievements; both for archiving purposes and to hopefully help the devs and other user to find them easier. I'll do my best to copy any ones I see here, but if I've missed any or if you have any ideas of your own, please feel free to contribute (specific details would be appreciated)!

• 2Like
Reactions:
I think there should be more achievements related to random new world, as of now we have only 1 achievement called "where am I".

Scramble for Europe - Starting as a nation with High american tech in a random new world conquer western Europe. (can't be custom nation)

Inca in other dimension - Starting as a nation with inti religion and andean tech in a random new world conquer new world. (can't be custom nation)
(added andean tech requirement so that it cannot be combined with "Scramble for europe").

Unique land, unique goods
Starting with Mesoamerican tech in a random new world, be production leader of 7 trade goods.

I also think those achievements could be fun:

Pagan collector - have at least 1 of each pagan religion as a vassal or tributary with less than 50% liberty.
(With random new world it's much easier to do it, since Vinland, a nordic religion nation, can exist, otherwise you have to become norse as a scandinavian nation and get a norse vassal by force converting it).

Fetishist frendship - Starting as Waleyta or Janjiro be allied to 6 fetishist nations outside Golden horn region before 1500
(You cannot change religion)
(fetishist nations you allied can't have their capitals in Golden horn region, it's to prevent realease of converted nations)

Islamic diversity - Starting as Hadiya have vassals of each religious school, with below 50% liberty desire.
(Hadiya starts as a vassal of Ethiopia).

African Lion - as Shewa own 40 provinces outside golden horn before 1550.
(Shewa is a nation which doesn't exist at 1444, but has cores in Ethiopia, it has a flag with a lion).

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I'm Henry's Eighth I Am : As King of England, execute at least 8 wives.
Since most achievements are now so meme-y as-is.
Isn't this basically just Chop, Chop?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Isn't this basically just Chop, Chop?
Well, "Chop, Chop" allows any range of possible actions for a single Monarch to have 6 different Consorts - be it through natural death, execution, divorce, etc.

Not that I expect my suggestion to gain any traction - I was just reinforcing the Meme Theme around here...

Reactions:
I've always thought an achievement around Ming conquering the world would be fun and challenging.

It's an end tag so you have to do it all as Ming, no horde or Qing/Yuan ideas, you also have to deal with the Mandate etc so not as easy a proposition as it seems.

It's also a pretty neat alt history idea, what if Ming had decided to set itself on an outwards facing path rather than the path it followed in our timeline...

I sometimes think decent achievements don't get created if there's not a snappy name for it :)

I'm thinking ...

* Middle Earth Kingdom
* Who needs a Wall ?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I've always thought an achievement around Ming conquering the world would be fun and challenging.

It's an end tag so you have to do it all as Ming, no horde or Qing/Yuan ideas, you also have to deal with the Mandate etc so not as easy a proposition as it seems.

It's also a pretty neat alt history idea, what if Ming had decided to set itself on an outwards facing path rather than the path it followed in our timeline...

I sometimes think decent achievements don't get created if there's not a snappy name for it :)

I'm thinking ...

* Middle Earth Kingdom
* Who needs a Wall ?
Or, "It's all Ming" (play on phrase "It's all Mine")

• 2Like
Reactions:
You're Daman: As a custom nation with its capital in daman (the Zoroastrian province in Gujarat) convert all of India to Zoroastrianism.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Join the Dark Side: As Byzantium convert to Islam and form Roman Empire (or even Rum if it is allowed)
The Two Romes: As Byzantium have an italian or Iberian PU own all of western Europe
One, Two, Three Romes: As Byzantium own Rome, Moscow and Constantinople or As Byzantium have a PU own Rome and Moscow (preferably two for each one)
Theodoro? (name in progress): As Theodoro form Ruthenia and have Gothic as primary culture
Trebizondian commonwealth: As Trebizond have Byzantium, Morea and Epirus as vassals, owning all of Balkans and Minor Asia.
Mare Mare Nostrum: As Trebizond own the entire coast of the Black Sea
Hittait Aspirations: As AQ concuer all of Minor Asia, Syria and North Mesopotamia, while Mamluks, Ottomans and QQ dont exist
Copper Monopoly: As Cyprus, be the main producer of copper across the world.
Magna Greacia: As Athens own all of South Italy and Sicily
New Old Colonisers: As Athens have at least 3 colonial nations in the new world
The Dark Horse of Italy: As any Tuscan culture nation own the lands of old Etruria (central-north Italy and north sicily) while Tunis and Papal States are your vassals)
The Italian Wedding: As Naples have Aragon as a PU, while Castile does not exist
Byzantine Crusaders: As Byzantium, vassalize 3 crusader states and help them acquire more than 100 development and own at least 10 heathen or heretic provinces
Are Things Upside Down?: As Byzantium or Ottomans convert Balkans to Turkic culture and Minor Asia to Greek.
Are These the Ptolemies?: As Egypt or Mamluks have Greek primary culture andconvert the region of Egypt to greek.
Return of the Seleucids: As Iran, Syria or Khorasan restore the Seleucid borders and have greek primary culture.
Indo-greek Empire: As Aphganistan, Baluchistan, Transoxiana or Sistan own all of the lands of Indo-greek Kingdom, achieve empire goverment rank and adopt any buddhist religion as your state religion.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Horrible idea. Carthago Delenda Est is one of THE worst achievements in the game with 100% devastation requirement alone. Sorry to be rude, but this achievement can be hunted by the prisoners in Guantanamo.
Carthago Delenda Est is super easy to get if you only aim for it. Just take Tunis region and spam bunkrupsies... kek
Just follow the same strategy

Indo-greek Empire: As Aphganistan, Baluchistan, Transoxiana or Sistan own all of the lands of Indo-greek Kingdom, achieve empire goverment rank and adopt any buddhist religion as your state religion.
Better name would be some type of pun off of Bactria.

Who's Sykes-Picot? - As Hejaz, form Arabia, and own the birthplaces of Mark Sykes and François Georges-Picot in London and Paris, respectively.

Hope these are not too boring (at least, some of them)

"Let’s Write a Happy Ending!" / "And They Lived Happily Ever After" – As Verona, be the production leader of Paper, Dyes and own a province with an International Bookmarket
"Outsource Research Centre" – As Fars, own at least 5 Universities, have 100 Innovativeness, and share your knowledge with 3 Great Powers at the same time
"Down the Alps We Came to Conquer" / "Wiedererstehung" – Form Italy as Trent
Alternative to the previous one – "Dalmatian Irredentism" – Form Italy as Dalmatia
"The New Sharif Comes to Town" – Form Texas as Hejaz, while owning both Mecca and Medina
"I Have a Really Bad Feeling About This" – Become Peasant Republic as Khmer
"All These Pfalzen Need a Graf" / "P – ALL – atinate" – Own all palaces and castles Great Projects as Palatinate
"Holy See is Now a Lonely See" – As the Papal State, remain the only Catholic nation in the world.
"The Real Mastermind" (?) – Starting as Majapahit, own all Great Powers (as of 1444) as loyal non-tributary subjects
"Die Autobahn" – Form Germany and expand infrastructure to the max in all of Germany region
"You Say We Can Mix These?" – As a Brewing Emporium Bavaria, be the production leader of Glass and Grain
"Gotta Go Fast" (?) – Reach 100% Movement Speed increase for one of your armies

• 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions: