• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The best preview of HoI3 so far.:cool:

Very true, but 99% of the HoI3 'previews' I've seen look like they ripped a sentence out of each dev diary and called it a day.

AARlander should be on schedule . Should be up in the next 8 hours or so : we're just waiting for the promised submission of 2 more articles and we're golden :D Shouldn't expect problems .

@The YogiBear: I don't know what more I could do to do penance for this, since I already declared my self officially an idiot... :eek:o
Well, your rank is still "Evil Genius," which might be misleading... ;)
Not at all. Evil Geniuses are commonly pretty thick, and are outsmarted by brawny mental midgets (commonly known as heroes) on a regular basis. Evil Genius isn't an intellectual ranking - it's a way of life. :)

Not at all. Evil Geniuses are commonly pretty thick, and are outsmarted by brawny mental midgets (commonly known as heroes) on a regular basis. Evil Genius isn't an intellectual ranking - it's a way of life. :)

*sings 007 theme*

A bit behind schedule but we should make it before midnight USA time. Had a few snags with submissions so we shuffled a few things around. We have our promised 10 articles as usual and really great ones !

A bit behind schedule but we should make it before midnight USA time. Had a few snags with submissions so we shuffled a few things around. We have our promised 10 articles as usual and really great ones !

Well, it's about time! :mad:

;)

Oooh Lord I need to update my AAR before people see and moan I give up already :p

Anyway good issue :)

Surprisingly few comments for such a good issue!

Don't worry Aethis, fling enough mud and the brick wall will topple eventually. ;)

I read the writer's block article that you wrote, Saithis. It's good information for any writer. There's two kinds of writer's block: the kind where you are sitting in front of a blank screen unable to type, and the kind where you don't even bother getting to that point. The second is a lot more common, imo, making starting the hardest part. Once you get to the blank screen, the trick as Saithis said is to just type anything, even to-do lists or gibberish or the same sentence you last wrote over and over, until it works. I hope at least three AARthurs who have writer's block read your article and get cracking.

And now it's that time of the month again where your resident Editor in Chief starts being annoying and asking people to contribute :D Time to make the rounds ! I suspect , though , that there's going to be lots of exciting things to read about this upcoming issue !

new AARlander up ! Thanks again for heeding my call to write :D And we hope to see many more new writers about !

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=415286

aarlander_aug09fix_a.jpg

Hi there folks!
First of all a little clarification: Some of you might wonder why the AARlander cover makes a reference to an article by my humble self but there is in fact non. I have inquired into this and there has been a slight mistake. My article will be in the next installment.

As a comment on this installement:

I must say I really loved Milites report on his day on the Ramblas of Barcelona. Very lively and humorous. As someone who has been in Barcelona himself I mentally felt as if I was right back there. Great work!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would really want see the results of the AAR Survey.
The link in the Aarlander directs to to thread, not to the results.:(

And when shall the ACA results come?

I would really want see the results of the AAR Survey.
The link in the Aarlander directs to to thread, not to the results.:(

And when shall the ACA results come?

I think the survey was meant more as a 'read the responses' type deal as opposed to quantifying it in a spreadsheet . As such I didn't receive any further data from Brandenburg . I haven't heard a bit from phargle either .

Either way , though , it's that time of the month to start getting your AARlander articles in ! i've got 2 or 3 in so far but could use 7 more ! :D Come along folks !

Are there any requirements you have to meet or do you accept an article from anyone?

Just has to be a good article :)

Just has to be a good article :)

Correct although most of the time when I ask even my most frequent writers , they would sometimes say that their articles are no good but usually they're quite good so submit one to me (email it to aya_fujimiya_x@yahoo.com as .rtx or .doc not .docx) and we'll talk about it :D

One page minimum on word is our usual thumb rule

Great news everyone ! AARlander articles are all in , but we're a bit behind schedule due to some beginning of the 'semester' business so we'll probably be 24 hours behind schedule . We'll get everything up asap !