• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
strategyagainsttheengli.jpg

December 9, 1425. Constantinople, Roman Empire

"Sire, I... I have message of news from the front from General Boumbalis!" squeaked the out of breath messager boy.

"Well, out with it boy! What does it say!" bellowed the emperor. The Emperor was incensed about the lack of a decisive victory in Greacia. Maybe now...

"T... the G... general brings word of the sacking of Edessa. Rumor, is that it was burned to the ground citizens slaughtered by the hundreds. Also the Irish Mercenaries that retreated from Athens are besieging Macedonia. The General recommends that you and your family leave Constantinople for the safety of Anatolia."

Damn him! Damn that man! He has bungled the that front something terrible and instead of taking the fight to the enemy has remained in Achaea-- which reminds me I must write to the Achaeans thanking them for their generous hospitality-- and the one time he did so, after my continued demands for decisive action, it was against those damnable Irish Mercenaries and he let's them escape! Now they're in Macedonia, as the messager boy said. And now the Sacking of Edessa!

"So, the man wants me to retreat from Constantinople, at the very first hint of trouble? We tell the General that I thank him for his concern but I am not abandoning my people to those barbarian insurrectionists. You are dismissed."

As the boy walked out his secretary walked in and said, "My Lord, Marshal Romanos is here to see you."

"Excellent! Bring him in!" Finally a man with the gall to get the job done.

Romanos walks in.

"Hello, Marshal! Please, sit down. We have much to discuss before your Bulgar counterpart arrives. Would you like a drink? How is the family?"

"Yes, please. And they are in excellent form, sire. My eldest son has just joined the Academy. He wishes to serve in the Legions. He has read of Edessa. We've family there and he is very angry.' finished the Marshal.

The Emperor nodded in agreement, "Yes many are angry and are signing up. Edessa is one of the reasons why I asked you here today. I wish to discuss a plan which successful will teach thoseEnglish of Roman Vengeance." The gleam in Romanos' eye returned.

"What is the plan, sire?" He asked curiously.

"It's all here on this map. As you can see, while the English have robbed us of Greacia as a viable recruitment center they have yet to penetrate Anatolia. That is where we are building a new army, which once amassed along the shores of the Marmara will cross over into Greacia and seek a decisive victory. This attack will also be in concert with a landing in those damnable English's rear, with the troops from Italia. I call it Operation Caesar's Revenge."

"It's a brilliantly laid out plan, my lord, but of the Royal Navy? A well placed Royal Navy could wreak half your plan."

The Emperor smiled, "I have thought of that. I have it on good faith that the Royal Navy is in the Irish Sea. I also sent a diplomatic team to Edinburgh to se if we can't get an alliance with them."

"Most excellent! When does Operation Caesar's Revenge begin?"

"As soon as our forces in Northwestern Anatolia are fully organized. You will be given over all command of Caesar's Revenge. You're the only man I trust to carry out the operation successfully."

"Thank you, sire! To Victory!"

"To Rome..."

Because all of us here have seen that before. Utrecht alone and glorious makes for a far greater shot than flipping over to the Netherlands.

You bet it is! Glory be to the Utrechtan Empire!

Here's an update on the Empire of Lorraine, who has recently adopted imperial administration!

zQIeT.jpg

fWQkh.png

GNsxD.png

When we last left glorious Lorraine, France was in a random-occurance PU as a junior member. Lorraine inherited the French throne yesterday, November 6th, 1503. The option to declare itself a greater France is available to the new emperor. But why would someone, especially the emperor of the strongest force on God's green earth, forsake their glorious Lorrainian heritage to be known as the bland French?

(France will be released as a vassal. My goal is to form Germany.)

A year ago, Bohemia was known as "dishonorable scum." Our emperor won't tolerate scum, and declared war on Bohemia. Her allies, Switzerland and Portugal, were swiftly crushed. Switzerland is one war away from vassalization. Bohemia was occupied, and the rest of the electors are vassals. As a result, the HRE was dissolved, a goal of the first Lorrainian king finally fulfilled, more than two centuries after his coronation. (No longer will I suffer stupid stab hits because the holy roman emperor thinks everything is his!) With very little protection, and without anyone of real power near the Empire, the rest of the German nations will swiftly be conquered and together will form the Empire of Germany.

Other things of note
Neither England nor Castille has done much of anything. The Ottomans are going great guns, and both Austria and Bohemia have been reduced in size significantly.

My Hungarian Empire:

Hungary.png

I started in 1419 and integrated all of my provinces in the Holy Roman Empire and have since passed all but three imperial reforms. I have cores on all my territory except Bosnia and Eastern Moldiavia. I diplo-annexed Bosnia, Croatia, and Moldavia and inherited Bohemia, Poland, and Transylvania.

Austria and the Balkans were entirely my doing, and I'm not entirely sure what's going on in Iberia.

Anyway, this was supposed to be the test-run for a modification I'm working on for more plausible AI borders. I had to stop because I messed something up with the Heresy CB and got an empty CB or something. The original point was to prevent the AI from getting province conquest CBs on random places so that it couldn't mindlessly expand. So then it just started spamming free country war goals. As you can see, I have a lot of work to do. :/

Last edited:
Alright, first time posting so i hope this goes alright.

This is my Sardinia-Piedmont game using miscmods, Shattered Europe. Started as Savoy and was able to be relatively lax on the Italian border since the peninsular was always in shambles. Expanded into southern France to Roussilon, its all Lombard now. Didn't really want to expand any further, as i didn't get any other cores except Milan and was hoping that someone else would form Italy. At one point in the game probably 75% of monarchist Europe had a member of the house of Savoy on the throne. However my king died sometime in the late 1600's and i got a Canietti or someone for a while and then ended up with a Von Luxembourg on the throne. I colonised the eastern seaboard and South Africa, love how this mod changes the names to your culture. My vassals are Armagnac, jewish Aragon and Navarra. Only in the last few years has Seville imploded but for most of the game they controlled the entire Iberian Peninsula while also being allied to the Ottomans, and Jesus Christ that is scary.
The reformation and whatnot was pretty contained expect for Russia, Finland and Sweden all being reformed somehow.

map of the world
eu3mapspi1821112.png

me and my vassals
eu3mapspi1821113.png

religious map of the new world
eu35copy.png

Is that a USA with actual near-historical borders? o.o

Is that Aragon in total control of Castille?
Thank you, and yeah. Weird things happen when you take away the AI's ability to demand provinces without claim/cores.

I had England occupying the whole of France for a few years earlier. I don't know what the AI thinks it's going to accomplish.

Denmark. 1416. It's not much but it's a solid start! Scotland declared war on me for whatever reason, and Brittany being allied with them joined in. I got two provs from Brittany and one from Scotland (Sweden kept stealing my sieges :()
World Map:
ibfm9c.jpg

Me and my Union:
2vrzdw6.jpg

11r7gvn.jpg

(Right click the image and click "open image in new tab" or something similar to that to see in full size)
Massive inflation, currently at 12. Had to take a 3 stability hit to get a new idea that reduces inflation. It's going down. However, I am now making money too. Denmark's economy is saved!

I was dragged into a few wars involving Novgorod that I did not care for, I was also dragged into a war with France, Scotland (again) and Munster. As you can see in the map, I took a province from munster and made it my vassal and I got two more provinces from Scotland, Highland and Fife.

Scotland has two provinces left, its armies defeated and it is crumbling. England left its alliance with me, however I still have military access and a royal marriage. I got a royal marriage, military access and an alliance with Tyrone too, giving me a great help in the Scottish war.

Sweden is being a dick and keeps sending me insults, it's time to prepare for war I guess. I tried keeping them on my good side but it isn't working. Sweden shall now have Denmark's name written over it.

How did you manage to do that?
I used a triggered modifier to decrease the AI's infamy limit and then doubled the cost to take a province. If you set the AI's infamy limit low enough, it won't demand anything that would set it near or above its infamy limit.

Then I made two of most CBs that lower the cost for demanding provinces like the Heresy CB. One is for the AI and does not let the AI demand provinces at a cheaper cost, and the other is exclusively for the player and lets the player demand slightly cheaper provinces.

All of this means that the AI won't be able to expand without having proper justification. It's a WIP.

Sweden is being a dick and keeps sending me insults, it's time to prepare for war I guess. I tried keeping them on my good side but it isn't working. Sweden shall now have Denmark's name written over it.

If your army is smaller than that of a lesser partner in a personal union, the lesser partner will insult you so it can break free when the monarch dies/declare war for independence. Train more troops and the insults should stop

If your army is smaller than that of a lesser partner in a personal union, the lesser partner will insult you so it can break free when the monarch dies/declare war for independence. Train more troops and the insults should stop

This. If you get to your forcelimit, you should be able to stop them sending insults. If that does not work, try to get grand army and build up to your new forcelimit :p

That's one nasty border with GH

The only thing that kept me alive last time when Khan came knocking at my door (~15 years ago) was alliance with Poland who, thank God, answered my call to arms.

But, on the other hand, GH keeps Lithuania from going loco on both myself and Poland, AND i have plenty of room to expand, so im not complaining.

In about 50 years ill outtech the GH by so much that they wont have a chance to fight back when the Big Game begins.