• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
EU3_162.jpg

EU3_166.jpg

Current game as the Palatinate. I recently became emperor so I haven't had the time to build a mega army yet. I want to integrate vassals, but I need dem cores :( Some interesting things that happened this game: France didn't collapse (when it for once would have benefited me :glare:), Bohemia and Austria were about to begin becoming wannabe-Russia snakes, but a gigantic Polotsk cut them off from the hordes and Austria collapsed. Albania revolted successfully and conquered several provinces, Ireland formed.

If your army is smaller than that of a lesser partner in a personal union, the lesser partner will insult you so it can break free when the monarch dies/declare war for independence. Train more troops and the insults should stop
Yeah I know that, I had to disband a few armies because of huge eco troubles. The economy is on the way to recovery (5 years or so) so I will be able to rebuild soon. I like Swedish AI army because it helps with a lot of single reg suicide invasions, distracting the enemy's armies greatly as well as overextending them allowing me to sneak in from behind and get a lot of provinces before I even get into any battles. However, Denmark needs more land and Sweden seems perfect for this!

My empire is crumbling
My economy has gone down the shitter, and I somehow ended up in a war against most of Europe, I lost one of my vassals. My stability keeps falling and my leader has fallen ill
feelsbadman

Napoleon's return!
Indeed! After seeing them collapse so many times I'm amazed at seeing them expand. It's kinda sad in a way :rolleyes:

Much as France disgusts me, I am very impressed by her expansion here.
I agree. Handling them will be a pain >_<
@ Acguy

If France and Bohemia start allying each other or forming a PU ---> would be nice challenge for you :laugh:
True. Luckily I don't think they're on that good terms though! I was allied with Bohemia recently but they broke off the alliance after we dismembered Austria :(

Here is a full screen of Europe if anyone is interested:
EU3_167.jpg

That's France in Greece and the Hansa at the Finnish coast. You can also see Austria has a province left in Ukraine, and are still occupying some of Qara Konluyus land... I hope rebels will finish off that enclave soon.

To the guy that formed eastern roman empire by 1425, do you mind sharing your strategy there?

Speaking of France... I just won a war against them without fighting a single battle.

knights_france_victory_stats.jpg

knights_france_victory_conditions.jpg

knights_france_victory_message.jpg
Background: since I usually ignore Africa I decided to play a game focused on owning all of it. France managed to remain in one piece and eat most of its vassals and Burgundy, gained control of three centers of trade and then embargoed me regardless of our relations. Eventually they also began to colonize Africa so I felt it was time to show them who's boss. I stole their defender of the faith title, excommunicated them, and then declared war. Sent all of my spies, laughed as the emperor declared war on them as well, and was able to take all of their money and the province/colonies I wanted (I forgot about excommunication requiring same-culture for taking land).

The reason I have the Sahara is because I'm working on a mod that allows you to claim wasteland if you own the land around it, while it still remaining wasteland so there's no benefit beyond painting the map. Still has some minor bugs though.

The reason I have the Sahara is because I'm working on a mod that allows you to claim wasteland if you own the land around it, while it still remaining wasteland so there's no benefit beyond painting the map. Still has some minor bugs though.

If you ever release it, I'm sure it would be appreciated around these parts.

Amazing game.

Also, I've noticed that any nation in EU3 can easily terminate the Byzantine in 1399. Why? Because while Constantinople has a REALLY big Fort, the Byzantine army is extremely weak and usually sputters out in one battle or less. :p

To the guy that formed eastern roman empire by 1425, do you mind sharing your strategy there?

Who me? You need to bare in mind that I'm playing D&T at the 1356 start so I've had 69 years to build that empire.

EU3_162.jpg

EU3_166.jpg

Current game as the Palatinate. I recently became emperor so I haven't had the time to build a mega army yet. I want to integrate vassals, but I need dem cores :( Some interesting things that happened this game: France didn't collapse (when it for once would have benefited me :glare:), Bohemia and Austria were about to begin becoming wannabe-Russia snakes, but a gigantic Polotsk cut them off from the hordes and Austria collapsed. Albania revolted successfully and conquered several provinces, Ireland formed.
You gonna accept that alliance offer from Great Britain? They could prove to be a valuable ally versus France . . .

Speaking of France... I just won a war against them without fighting a single battle.

knights_france_victory_stats.jpg

knights_france_victory_conditions.jpg

knights_france_victory_message.jpg
Background: since I usually ignore Africa I decided to play a game focused on owning all of it. France managed to remain in one piece and eat most of its vassals and Burgundy, gained control of three centers of trade and then embargoed me regardless of our relations. Eventually they also began to colonize Africa so I felt it was time to show them who's boss. I stole their defender of the faith title, excommunicated them, and then declared war. Sent all of my spies, laughed as the emperor declared war on them as well, and was able to take all of their money and the province/colonies I wanted (I forgot about excommunication requiring same-culture for taking land).

How can you own wasteland?

Man, nobody here plays the vanilla anymore...