Europa Universalis IV: King of Kings is now available!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

vvvasi

Sergeant
Community Ambassador
38 Badges
May 3, 2022
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
Build New Empires on Old Ground in EU4: King of Kings

As the Early Modern Age dawns, rising empires collide against faded glories. The divided lands of Persia hold great promise for any who can unite them. The imperial seat of Constantinople rules only the rump of a once mighty empire. The wealth of Egypt makes the Mamluk Sultanate an attractive target for enemies. Rise to the challenge of the ages in King of Kings, a new Immersion Pack for Europa Universalis IV, available now.

Europa Universalis IV: King of Kings adds even more historical flavor and alternate historical possibilities to Paradox’s celebrated grand strategy game, with a specific focus on the kingdoms and empires that challenged the Ottoman Empire in Asia and Africa. With hundreds of new missions and dozens of other changes, King of Kings is a substantial addition to Europa Universalis IV, a game that has been challenging amateur strategists and history buffs for over a decade.

Europa Universalis IV: King of Kings includes major updates for:
  • Persia:
    • Use the influence of Persian art and culture to bring neighbouring kingdoms into your orbit.
    • Over 70 new National Missions
    • Unique mission choices depending on the state religion - Sunni, Shia or Zoroastrian - as well as Centers of Reformation and other ways to expand the faith.
    • New National Idea sets, unique Government Reforms and unique Estates and agendas.
  • Mamluk Egypt:
    • Over 30 new National Missions
    • New Diplomatic options including exporting Egyptian grain and promoting the Hajj.
    • Unique Mamluk Government Reforms, Mercenary Companies and Estate Privileges.
    • Option to Westernize Egypt.
  • Byzantine Empire:
    • Over 60 new National Missions
    • Unique Government Reforms and Estate Privileges
    • New Subject type - the Pronoia
    • Over 50 new Byzantine themed events and 10 new Decisions

There are also changes for:

• Armenia and Georgia: Two Christian kingdoms, pinned between rising empires
  • Arabia and Yemen: Competing powers on the Arabian peninsula, guarding the holy sites of Islam and the trade routes to India.
  • Ardabil: A major seat of Iranian culture, and the origin state of modern Persia/Iran.
  • Aq Qoyunlu and Qara Qoyunlu: Turkmen middle powers resisting Ottoman expansion before the unification of Persia.

Europa Universalis IV: King of Kings is now available for the suggested retail price of $14.99/£12.99/€14.99.

Get it here (please note you need to buy it on the same store where you own the base game):
Steam
Microsoft
Epic
GoG

• 11Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
My 1st run is with Aq Qoyunlu. Was Lucky enough that the cstarting ruler died early and I got Uzun Hasan. The only problem is my economy and loans.
I do plan to play as AQ, stay Sunni and spread Turco-Iranian culture in most of Anatolia and Iran however right now i do want to go with Ardabil/Safavids where i will savescum. So one play will be Zoroastrian while second Shia.

Also idea that i got was to go with Karabakh => Armenia => Greater Armenia and culture shift to Persian so i can have Miaphysit Christian Persia.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I have pre-ordered it and I got an e-mail that it is there, including a code. But I can't find it and I can't install it. Searching for DLC's in Steam leads to a non-existent website.
How do I solve this problem?

I have pre-ordered it and I got an e-mail that it is there, including a code. But I can't find it and I can't install it. Searching for DLC's in Steam leads to a non-existent website.
How do I solve this problem?
Try checking your Steam email. When i pre-ordered one of the previous DLCs i've got this confirmation mail. Try that.

I have one question, who do you have voicing your King of Kings trailers, first the Pre-order trailer and then this one? I need to know this, they are awesome.

I do plan to play as AQ, stay Sunni and spread Turco-Iranian culture in most of Anatolia and Iran however right now i do want to go with Ardabil/Safavids where i will savescum. So one play will be Zoroastrian while second Shia.

Also idea that i got was to go with Karabakh => Armenia => Greater Armenia and culture shift to Persian so i can have Miaphysit Christian Persia.
My run is going very successfully so far. I have fixed my economy and now it's one of the strongest in the world. I just need a few more provinces to get the historical Aq Qoyunlu's extent in Persia.

I plan to have Karabakh ->Armenia->Greater Armenia as my 3rd run. 2nd will be Rassids. Sadly, I don't have time for now to do such a heavy run as Ardabil->Persia or Mazanderan->Eranshahr, but I will eventually (hopefully next month at least) try one of them.

• 1Like
Reactions:
My run is going very successfully so far. I have fixed my economy and now it's one of the strongest in the world. I just need a few more provinces to get the historical Aq Qoyunlu's extent in Persia.

I plan to have Karabakh ->Armenia->Greater Armenia as my 3rd run. 2nd will be Rassids. Sadly, I don't have time for now to do such a heavy run as Ardabil->Persia or Mazanderan->Eranshahr, but I will eventually (hopefully next month at least) try one of them.
With AQ i plan on procreating the borders of Seljuk empire. And don't forget that mission "Repopulation of Iran" automathcaly converts all of Turkish, Azerbaijani and Turcmeni to Turco-Iranian.

As for my current Ardabil run it's going well. I do hope that today i will be able to form Persia and later on Eranshahr.

• 1Like
Reactions:
With AQ i plan on procreating the borders of Seljuk empire. And don't forget that mission "Repopulation of Iran" automathcaly converts all of Turkish, Azerbaijani and Turcmeni to Turco-Iranian.

As for my current Ardabil run it's going well. I do hope that today i will be able to form Persia and later on Eranshahr.
I just plan to restore Uzun Han's Empire and take a little extra, like fully conquer Georgia and take some parts of Anatolia. I have already done that and now I'm just developing my Empire. I also wanted to take Grane province, but that awful wasteland got coloured in, so I released Haasa as a vassal.

As with Rassids, my next week's run, I will probably stay much smaller, I will conquer Yemen, Hedjaz and some coastal Somalian provinces.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I just plan to restore Uzun Han's Empire and take a little extra, like fully conquer Georgia and take some parts of Anatolia. I have already done that and now I'm just developing my Empire. I also wanted to take Grane province, but that awful wasteland got coloured in, so I released Haasa as a vassal.

As with Rassids, my next week's run, I will probably stay much smaller, I will conquer Yemen, Hedjaz and some coastal Somalian provinces.
I on the other hand finally managed to form Eranshahr and spread Zoroastrianism through entire Iranian region and some parts of Caucasus. Next targets are Khorasan, some parts of Central Asia, Iraq, Caucasus and eastern parts of Arabia. Basically just the coast line. Also i'm culture converting everything to Persian. I do plan to go Shia route as well since i secured my save file on my desctop so i don't have to go from the beginning.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I on the other hand finally managed to form Eranshahr and spread Zoroastrianism through entire Iranian region and some parts of Caucasus. Next targets are Khorasan, some parts of Central Asia, Iraq, Caucasus and eastern parts of Arabia. Basically just the coast line. Also i'm culture converting everything to Persian. I do plan to go Shia route as well since i secured my save file on my desctop so i don't have to go from the beginning.

Attachments

• 04. Aq Qoyunlu Empire.png
    04. Aq Qoyunlu Empire.png
    3,6 MB · Views: 0
  • 1Love
Reactions: