DDRJake at it again - world conquest with the Minghals

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What's "standard" about it? You're going Ming in to Mughals first.

It's simply a question of how the game is constructed. "The point" is that becoming emperor is the fastest way to "conquer" the HRE, period. Or would you rather click more? What's the point of that?

Every game ever is about grabbing HRE, that's what's standard about it. If all you want is the WC achievement then sure, go for it, but then you might as well just play England because you'd be much better off.

This is supposed to be the Genghis Khan experience, pillaging, burning and raping your way west :D

Last edited:
Seems to me that the most efficient path would be to keep dumping eastern cores and conquer Ethiopia next so you can convert to Christianity and get elected emperor.
Never settle for Greyskin.

Every game ever is about grabbing HRE, that's what's standard about it. If all you want is the WC achievement then sure, go for it, but then you might as well just play England because you'd be much better off.

This is supposed to be the Genghis Khan experience, pillaging, burning and raping your way west :D

That's your subjective experience, but I don't think there's any suggestion of rape in this game.

If they have a negative time to happen they will still complete despite you being at war again.
And this is all incredibly cheap, you would be making single digit MPs if it worked.
Well, if you can turn the mega discounts on and off it could be a significant source of admin points. Start coring Timbuktu at -125%, then get back -25%... I think that would net you two hundred points or so.

The timing would be a problem. I also personally draw the line at infinite money glitches, but once you've pulled out all the stops you might as well get as much infinite stuff as you can.

Well, if you can turn the mega discounts on and off it could be a significant source of admin points. Start coring Timbuktu at -125%, then get back -25%... I think that would net you two hundred points or so.

Right, but the problem is that they complete instantly. Like as soon as you press the button. There's no way to press the button at -125% and then have 1 day pass so you can remove your -100% coring cost buff.

Right, but the problem is that they complete instantly. Like as soon as you press the button. There's no way to press the button at -125% and then have 1 day pass so you can remove your -100% coring cost buff.

I was wondering this last night, whether a change in faction would allow you to recoup and receive extra admin points. The cores actually seem to take effect the following day, but the provinces core before the factions are changed.
I hadn't thought about coring being halted when at war with someone who holds a core on a province, so have just tested that tonight. Again, it seems that even with a war starting the moment you declare, the cores are still completed when it ticks over to the next day so it may well be that cores are completed but the game just doesn't tell you until it updates on the day change.

I was wondering this last night, whether a change in faction would allow you to recoup and receive extra admin points. The cores actually seem to take effect the following day, but the provinces core before the factions are changed.
I hadn't thought about coring being halted when at war with someone who holds a core on a province, so have just tested that tonight. Again, it seems that even with a war starting the moment you declare, the cores are still completed when it ticks over to the next day so it may well be that cores are completed but the game just doesn't tell you until it updates on the day change.

Would it be possible to get 1% core creation time (factions + non mughals + a bit of war exhaustion) then try it?

Would it be possible to get 1% core creation time (factions + non mughals + a bit of war exhaustion) then try it?

The only other formable nation close to Ming is Malaya, and you need to colonise for that. On the other hand, infinite ADM might be worth the wait.

Even so, the fact that coring time is still instant with a nation that has +100% coring costs - Dai Viet, for example - would suggest that it's bugged out in some way. It would be interesting to see if the same thing applies if there's another 100% increase in cost from Aristocracy.

Like I said, the cheese tends to distract everyone from how well you still need to execute :). This is probably still harder than France IMO, where you get Pus, hre abuse, and protectorate spam in Asia. But it's more fun to watch too :).
Yeah. He's really good. I hadn't watched him play before, but he really plays the game well, even if he does make a small mistake here and there.

The only other formable nation close to Ming is Malaya, and you need to colonize for that. On the other hand, infinite ADM might be worth the wait.

Even so, the fact that coring time is still instant with a nation that has +100% coring costs - Dai Viet, for example - would suggest that it's bugged out in some way. It would be interesting to see if the same thing applies if there's another 100% increase in cost from Aristocracy.

It only applies if the costs are additive BEFORE applying to the cost and time. I did some math the other night because of this and came up with a theory. Let's say a province takes 4 years to core and has a base tax of 6, but is part of Dai Viet:

First, we apply the reductions(which are additive):

4 years + [(-100% + -25%) * 4 years] =
4 years + [-125% * 4 years] =
4 years + -5 years =
-1 year!

Then we apply the increases(I assume these would also be additive):

-1 year + (100% * -1 year) =
-1 year + -1 year =
-2 years!

To prove my point, this also works when applying to cost as seen in DDRJake's stream. He states that there is a hard-coded limit of 2 ADM per base tax.

6 tax * 36 (non-accepted culture) = 216

First, we apply the reductions(which are additive):

216 + [(-100% + -25%) * 216] =
216 + [-125% * 216] =
216 + -270 =
-54!

But, that is less than the hard cap, so it resets it to 6*2 = 12 ADM.

Then we apply the increases(I assume these would also be additive):

12 + (100% * 12) =
12 + 12 =
24!

Oddly, there seems to be no such hard limit on time, but this seems to be the answer. Hope I made sense

http://www.twitch.tv/ddrjake/c/4069036

Minute 45 is where the magic happens.

Short story: start as Ming, vassalize Delhi and conquer one of the their provinces, release the Chinese vassals, keep just that Indian province, go bankrupt to force cultural and religious conversion as the OPM, annex Delhi, form the Mughals. The faction system remains but you lose the penalties, have Mughal national ideas, Muslim tech and Indian units.
Hilarious.

And I actually found the way I could have done my religious conversion as Tibet - I didn't know about bankruptcy at the time :(

(sorry if there's been another thread about this, I didn't see one)

You sir, are a goddamned legend.

Yeah. He's really good. I hadn't watched him play before, but he really plays the game well, even if he does make a small mistake here and there.

The part that impressed me (and that I try to emulate) is that he doesn't get upset about things. Even when he gets legitimately unlucky he doesn't complain, he just tries to find a way to work around it.

You sir, are a goddamned legend.
Me? I guess you actually wanted to send this message to DDRJake. I hope he reads this and appreciates his fan-following :p

The part that impressed me (and that I try to emulate) is that he doesn't get upset about things. Even when he gets legitimately unlucky he doesn't complain, he just tries to find a way to work around it.
Agreed.
I guess that after so many games of EU 3 and EU 4, and with Paradox's reputation as a producer of very complex, yet sometimes buggy games, he's used to the occasional mishaps and crashes or bugs.
Plus, after achieving world conquest with Ryukyu in both EU 3 & EU 4, you're pretty relaxed as far as campaigns are concerned - you don't really need to prove anything :)

Russia got 50 AE for it's actions in the Ukraine, and it didn't even take a province.

I support DDRJake for paradox QA team :)

Crimea was a wargoal so it gave little AE. I wish paradox adopted this idea so one can expand within HRE.