DDRJake at it again - world conquest with the Minghals

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why is it necessary to sell Beijing on the day before you go bankrupt?

You're looking to culture/religion convert using bankruptcy, which will only work if you're an OPM...but if you sell Beijing too early, the number of loans you need is much higher and it alters your max #loans.

You're looking to culture/religion convert using bankruptcy, which will only work if you're an OPM...but if you sell Beijing too early, the number of loans you need is much higher and it alters your max #loans.

And it's not just inconvenience - amount of loans you take determines the inflation you end up with.

It will be when your interest payments exceed your total income and you cannot take any more loans. It will be different from country to country and is determined by base tax, manpower, trade power, ideas etc.

When I tried it, I sold Beijing on the last day and went about 70 ducats in the red, but bankruptcy failed to trigger. I then had to take over 2500 loans at 2 ducats a piece. Being the stubborn sort I kept playing anyway.

PxSl9wC.jpg

I didn't really want to play this trick but I did see if I could make it work

The culture and religion change worked fine.

Everything worked fine except one small details that changed: Mughal decision no longer changes type of government. Celestial government stuck around and therefore inward perfection stuck around.

This will still work if government change can be forced.

Everything worked fine except one small details that changed: Mughal decision no longer changes type of government. Celestial government stuck around and therefore inward perfection stuck around.

Yeah. No longer does forming Mughals force a government change. For Tims to form them, they need to be a monarchy before they form it.

To all those who still want to try this strategy I will just say that there IS a workaround to the fixes PDS added to nerf this strategy, its slightly harder but STILL POSSIBLE. Im not sure if I want to post why yet because knowing PDS they will spend the next 5 hot-fixes fixing this rather than the range of issues 1.6 introduced, Im going to do a play-through and later will post my workaround. I'm happy to share I just don't want any devs fixing it before I've played my game through. If you can't wait that long I advise you look at the patch-notes and consider the fundamental tactic behind this strategy. PDS put a band aid on it but they didnt kill this one ;)
Well, it'd be entertaining if you're right, but I'm skeptical, based on what's in the triggered_modifiers file, now.

If you are right, though, I honestly think it would be best to keep to yourself; maybe people can PM you to get whatever torturous steps they need to take, now.

Seriously. Please don't. Paradox seems to make nerfing these things a priority. Aside from being a complete waste of precious resources, they ALWAYS break something critical to the game just to stop some people from having fun in an unorthodox manner.

Nephilim

You can actually become Mughals with factions just fine. You just stay with the celestial government with inward perfections and that hassles that bring.

Nephilim

You can actually become Mughals with factions just fine. You just stay with the celestial government with inward perfections and that hassles that bring.

Yeah, I was under the impression that the condition for "inward perfection" is "has factions" now. So there is no way to escape inward perfection and keep factions anymore.

Ceranai, feel free to PM me the solution if I am wrong. :p

I was proven wrong, I mis-read the defines file! haha

Yeah, I was under the impression that the condition for "inward perfection" is "has factions" now. So there is no way to escape inward perfection and keep factions anymore.

Ceranai, feel free to PM me the solution if I am wrong. :p

I was wrong :'( I was reading patch notes etc and it seemed you only had to change government types somehow, and there are still one or two ways to do that, im gonna have one last reread of the notes see if i can figure out any workaround but it looks like we are gonna need a different exploit now :'(. I just wish I hadnt spent 1.5 playing my england game. that was the closest Ive got to WC, 1820 and it was only me and russia left with russia being half its starting size, all i needed was two more wars i think. If factions is fixed Im gonna look for other game mehanics to break, because honestly that england game had 400 hours in it with little to no cheese and I came so close, ive done the whole roleplay think, and the whole realistic nations thing. Now i just want the bloody achievement

I don't think it is possible to force gov change any more though. I cant find my way around the text files but messing around with the console I think that inward perfection is now linked to the faction sysem in a way that cant be broken and that it is now impossible to change gov from celestial, eg i spawned loads of pretenders as they usually set the gov to monarchy and it didnt work

I don't think it is possible to force gov change any more though. I cant find my way around the text files but messing around with the console I think that inward perfection is now linked to the faction sysem in a way that cant be broken and that it is now impossible to change gov from celestial, eg i spawned loads of pretenders as they usually set the gov to monarchy and it didnt work
I was able to change the government and change tag (don't recall exactly how I did the government type, tbh). And I'd thought I'd succeeded in doing everything to keep factions. But then I realized I STILL had the Chinese Bureacracy penalties. They're tied to the presence of factions, now, in the triggered_modifiers.txt file.

They certainly did spend a lot of time/effort to nerf one exploit. Now if they can just fix what they broke in 1.6.

I was able to change the government and change tag (don't recall exactly how I did the government type, tbh). And I'd thought I'd succeeded in doing everything to keep factions. But then I realized I STILL had the Chinese Bureacracy penalties. They're tied to the presence of factions, now, in the triggered_modifiers.txt file.

They certainly did spend a lot of time/effort to nerf one exploit. Now if they can just fix what they broke in 1.6.

Ive played enough of this game that I've had a playthrough with every tier 1-3 nation, what i am interested in now is getting the achievements, however I dont really fancy chasing the lesser ones I want to get world conqueror and move on. As such do you think I should play any particular nation or just give up. I came really close in 1.5 but I was also pretty lucky and 1.6 makes winning the hundred year war barely worth it as far as I can tell. Im just a bit torn. You are supposed to set your own goals in this game and mine is to get WC, Im just not sure how possible it is now, I'm not DDRJake or anything but surely with if it was possible for me to get wc I would have got it by now.

PS- This doesnt just screw the exploit it also screws any attempts at an early muhgal empire

Ive played enough of this game that I've had a playthrough with every tier 1-3 nation, what i am interested in now is getting the achievements, however I dont really fancy chasing the lesser ones I want to get world conqueror and move on. As such do you think I should play any particular nation or just give up. I came really close in 1.5 but I was also pretty lucky and 1.6 makes winning the hundred year war barely worth it as far as I can tell. Im just a bit torn. You are supposed to set your own goals in this game and mine is to get WC, Im just not sure how possible it is now, I'm not DDRJake or anything but surely with if it was possible for me to get wc I would have got it by now.

PS- This doesnt just screw the exploit it also screws any attempts at an early muhgal empire

France has the premier position for it now. Shut down Russia, spank colonizers, unite HRE via revoke, and protectorate spam everything possible. Late game Ottos + Muslims will have nothing on admin efficiency, and REALLY late game you can stack the imperialism CB on top of that.