DDRJake at it again - world conquest with the Minghals

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

oblio-

Wallachian Warlord
16 Badges
Dec 4, 2013
oblio360.com
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • BATTLETECH
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Prison Architect
DDRJake at it again - world conquest with Asian OPM (not Ryukyu)

http://www.twitch.tv/ddrjake/c/4069036

Minute 45 is where the magic happens.

Short story: start as Ming, vassalize Delhi and conquer one of the their provinces, release the Chinese vassals, keep just that Indian province, go bankrupt to force cultural and religious conversion as the OPM, annex Delhi, form the Mughals. The faction system remains but you lose the penalties, have Mughal national ideas, Muslim tech and Indian units.
Hilarious.

And I actually found the way I could have done my religious conversion as Tibet - I didn't know about bankruptcy at the time :(

(sorry if there's been another thread about this, I didn't see one)

Last edited:
Reactions:
I swear all he does is mull over the mechanics of the game, trying to find loopholes wherever he can. He's almost like a white-hat hacker in that respect..

Hahah I`ve been wondering when a proper thread will show up annoucing the King of cheese going for it yet again! Didn`t need to wait long after all, just small sugestion OP! Could you edit your post, cause the fun of this attempt of WC comes with the reveal of the concept, I`ve been watching at youtube he`s episodes for this "OPM" WC and was literally all the time scratching my head asking - where is he going with this???

When the reveal occured - mindblown - best description of my state of mind!

Kudos DDRJake you`re the best Knight of the Order of Cheese!!!

EDIT: Forget my bolded request, spoiler is already in the Thread Name, thou a bit shame, I started watching DDRJake around 22 and stopped at 1 am just to finally know what`s he up to :)

Last edited:
I swear all he does is mull over the mechanics of the game, trying to find loopholes wherever he can. He's almost like a white-hat hacker in that respect..
He might be, he does have a day job :)

Hahah I`ve been wondering when a proper thread will show up annoucing the King of cheese going for it yet again! Didn`t need to wait long after all, just small sugestion OP! Could you edit your post, cause the fun of this attempt of WC comes with the reveal of the concept, I`ve been watching at youtube he`s episodes for this "OPM" WC and was literally all the time scratching my head asking - where is he going with this???

When the reveal occured - mindblown - best description of my state of mind!

Kudos DDRJake you`re the best Knight of the Order of Cheese!!!

EDIT: Forget my bolded request, spoiler is already in the Thread Name, thou a bit shame, I started watching DDRJake around 22 and stopped at 1 am just to finally know what`s he up to :)
Edited - topic name and post. No spoilers unless you want to, now ;)

http://www.twitch.tv/ddrjake/c/4069036

Minute 45 is where the magic happens.

Short story: start as Ming, vassalize Delhi and conquer one of the their provinces, release the Chinese vassals, keep just that Indian province, go bankrupt to force cultural and religious conversion as the OPM, annex Delhi, form the Mughals. The faction system remains but you lose the penalties, have Mughal national ideas, Muslim tech and Indian units.
Hilarious.

And I actually found the way I could have done my religious conversion as Tibet - I didn't know about bankruptcy at the time :(

(sorry if there's been another thread about this, I didn't see one)

Whisky Tango Foxtrot :huh:

I believe this has already been patched in Wealth of Nations, from comments about ming and mughals decision in the dev livestream. Well, regarding factions rather than the bankruptcy gaming. Glad he got this in before that came out :)

Also: Jedi mind pwers

Last edited:
I believe this has already been patched in Wealth of Nations, from comments about ming and mughals decision in the dev livestream. Well, regarding factions rather than the bankruptcy gaming. Glad he got this in before that came out :)

Also: Jedi mind pwers
That bankruptcy stuff alone is golden. Without giving too many spoilers, you already basically control a large area of the map and then can very easily move to another large area of the map and within 100-150 years at most you're so big you can just smash stuff anywhere on the map easily.
Sure, if the main exploit has been patched, WC will be harder, but making really huge empires (I mean 60 million square kilometers big, without colonizing) becomes quite easy.

Is it cynical that my first thought is how P'dox is going to use this to "fix" exploits to ruinous effect in the next patch?

Forming mughals no longer changes your government or units if you are not a horde. So ming would stay celestial empire and keep chinese units. Already patched before this came out (just not released yet).

I don't understand why Paradox haven't set up the game so that having Inward Perfection is the same thing as having Factions. Any way you can ditch IP while keeping Factions is overpowered, almost regardless of what you have to do to get there, so they need to just ban it from happening altogether, rather than fixing individual loopholes like this.

Kudos to DDRJake, though, for yet another amusing exploit.

I don't understand why Paradox haven't set up the game so that having Inward Perfection is the same thing as having Factions. Any way you can ditch IP while keeping Factions is completely OP, so they need to just ban it from happening altogether, rather than fixing individual loopholes like this.

Yes, this would have been the most rational way to approach barring faction system abuse; you keep factions and the coinciding penalties no matter who you switch to. Simple, yet effective enough to block virtually all the cheese surrounding it.

There's more to the game than just the tag switch though. Some of the AE management you can apply in the general sense for example, though it would be harder to do chain coalition-block wars like that without the very low stabcost + instacoring there are still situations where you could do it, especially when finishing off a religion/culture group on a given continent.

I don't understand why Paradox haven't set up the game so that having Inward Perfection is the same thing as having Factions. Any way you can ditch IP while keeping Factions is overpowered, almost regardless of what you have to do to get there, so they need to just ban it from happening altogether, rather than fixing individual loopholes like this.

It's just a badly designed game. There's no coherent thought that goes in to the philosophy of creating this game; it's constantly just a random tug-of-war between what seems historically accurate (or at least, not too inaccurate), what would be "fun", what's "necessary" for "balance", and what happens in employee multiplayer. Game is pretty much destined to be a mess.

This is what happens when you try too much to make the players' life miserable. People will work around those little pathetic artificial barriers and now if 1.6 delays another week or two, most of the achievement-hunters will get the "Conquer the World", clearly the opposite of what Paradox aimed to achieve. Kudos to DDRJake. I liked that.

I don't understand why Paradox haven't set up the game so that having Inward Perfection is the same thing as having Factions. Any way you can ditch IP while keeping Factions is overpowered, almost regardless of what you have to do to get there, so they need to just ban it from happening altogether, rather than fixing individual loopholes like this..

In previous post, smbd says this is already fixed in WoN...

It's just a badly designed game. There's no coherent thought that goes in to the philosophy of creating this game; it's constantly just a random tug-of-war between what seems historically accurate (or at least, not too inaccurate), what would be "fun", what's "necessary" for "balance", and what happens in employee multiplayer. Game is pretty much destined to be a mess.

c'mon, this is stupid bug.

In CoP, Inward Perfection conditions are "have factions & have celestial empire"; in WoN, obviously, Inward Perfection conditions are just "have factions"...

Just a bug, don't make an elephant out of a fly.

Last edited:
This is what happens when you try too much to make the players' life miserable. People will work around those little pathetic artificial barriers and now if 1.6 delays another week or two, most of the achievement-hunters will get the "Conquer the World", clearly the opposite of what Paradox aimed to achieve. Kudos to DDRJake. I liked that.

I'm not sure what he is doing is actually much easier than just winning 100yw as England or playing France/Austria/Ottos, from an achievement hunting perspective.

Why does it need to be removed? I mean really? If some guy, in a multiplayer game, can manage to do what DDRJake did, and survive the wrath of the other players- who would be stupid to not jump on him as soon as he downsized to a OPM, or not support his vasals claims to independence (even with having the Chinese vassals on his side, it would be able to rack up warscore by besieging his single province)...

And, since it can't hurt multiplayer, and is unlikely to be used in single-player, I don't see why it needs to be the focus of a patch.