DDRJake at it again - world conquest with the Minghals

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Did some of you load up a Minghal game in 1.6? I did. Here are two observations:

- I became very poor. It's known that the world outside Europe got nerfed in 1.6 and when I last played Minghals I had a huge income from taxes and trade. In 1.6 I ran a huge deficit and had to dispand a lot of my ships and troops, hire some cheaper advisors.
- As soon as I ended my last war the fraction system went away.

I can deal with the money situation but losing the fractions is a bit harder. And I think it is bugged. I now have only one diplomatic relation. Is that because I had the temple freaction in power last? I let the game crash in order to evaluate the situation so I might load up the game again before losing the fractions.

Will I perhaps keep them if I'm in a constant war? And is the fraction that is in power at time of the fraction loss the one that determines the stats for the rest of the game? If yes, which of the three is the best to keep (probably Temple so France won't plow over my troops?)

Last edited:
Did some of you load up a Minghal game in 1.6? I did. Here are two observations:

- I became very poor. It's known that the world outside Europe got nerfed in 1.6 and when I last played Minghals I had a huge income from taxes and trade. In 1.6 I ran a huge deficit and had to dispand a lot of my ships and troops, hire some cheaper advisors.
- As soon as I ended my last war the fraction system went away.

I can deal with the money situation but losing the fractions is a bit harder. And I think it is bugged. I know have only one diplomatic relation. Is that because I had the temple freaction in power last? I let the game crash in order to evaluate the situation so I might load up the game again before losing the fractions.

Will I perhaps keep them if I'm in a constant war? And is the fraction that is in power at time of the fraction loss the one that determines the stats for the rest of the game? If yes, which of the three is the best to keep (probably Temple so France won't plow over my troops?)
There are many aspects of 1.6 that are potentially bugged. Factions are not one of them. While I think it was an odd priority, they have effectively killed off this exploit, as discussed earlier in this thread.