DDRJake at it again - world conquest with the Minghals

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You better pray that the HRE is somewhat unified by the time you get there. If it's not, you'll have a lesson in frustration as your CPU shows you why you're a little bitch when it comes to apm.

There's always the ever-entertaining speed 1 + pausing, but must get that 200 apm gogogo.

The only thing holding you back with this strategy is manpower and/or ducats,
Well, since you can get almost infinite ducats by building things with bureacrat faction and cancelling them with another faction, and hire mercenaries with those near-infinite ducats....

I would find it incredibly funny if someone finishes the WC before Jake or if Jake actually fails to get the WC :)
Both of these are going to happen so enjoy.

Can you do the same thing you do with buildings to get infinite admin points? Start coring, switch factions so you lose the discount, then cancel coring? I guess it doesn't really matter if everything you would do with admin points is free.
Since coring is done instantly and faction change takes a day, I don't think it would work.

Well, since you can get almost infinite ducats by building things with bureacrat faction and cancelling them with another faction, and hire mercenaries with those near-infinite ducats....
Yeah, I was not aware of that either. Unfortunately the market doesn't supply enough mercenaries to keep up with the demand you'll have :D

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that eventually coring would go beyond a day, because coring times increase with size.
Yes, they increase, as in they get even more negative. Do you even know what we're talking about here? :p

Wouldn't something like Berber/Hungarian traditions create a non-negative coring time?
No, it's broken somehow. The cost is up to 100+ but the time is down at -96 months instead of -5 or whatever it started at.

As for my game, it's 1701 and I'm not going to make it:

lG1VxAO.png

Doesn't matter how much I can core if I can only take 100% warscore total from every nation that is left, even with rolling coalitions. Gotta use the AE dumping exploits to do this I guess, which sort of ruins the point in the first place.

Back to 1.4 AE thanks, game was more fun.

Edit: 14 year Regency council GG.

Last edited:
Wonder if you could pause, set up the cores, then declare war on the nation you took it from. Cores can't progress if you're at war with a state that has their own cores there, right?

No, it's broken somehow. The cost is up to 100+ but the time is down at -96 months instead of -5 or whatever it started at.
Huh. I guess it's hard to call it broken when I don't think there's even an official explanation of how coring time is supposed to work (people have reverse engineered it but I don't think the game documents it anywhere).
As for my game, it's 1701 and I'm not going to make it:

lG1VxAO.png

Doesn't matter how much I can core if I can only take 100% warscore total from every nation that is left. Gotta use the AE dumping exploits too do this I guess.
Isn't stability nearly free with one of the factions? Truces are just, like, a piece of paper, man.

Huh. I guess it's hard to call it broken when I don't think there's even an official explanation of how coring time is supposed to work (people have reverse engineered it but I don't think the game documents it anywhere).
Isn't stability nearly free with one of the factions? Truces are just, like, a piece of paper, man.

Correct, however war score accumulation against length of war is not. Even with heavy assaults that's a lot to siege.

That said, it shouldn't be too hard to pick off the colonies, so he might make it. Europe is really rich though so it'll not be fun slogging if he does.

Remember when I said this wasn't necessarily EASIER than France ;)?

I suppose, truce and blitz sieging could possibly get it done.

Just got hit by a 14 year regency council though, so I don't think that would be enough, GG RNG.

Remember when I said this wasn't necessarily EASIER than France ;)?
Yeah it most definitely wasn't, even before hitting the European coalitions it was probably the most challenging game I've had in EU4 so far. Yes, you're extremely powerful, but you're also pushing the game to it's limits instead of going 100% OE > Wait 15 years, 100% OE > Wait 15 years like you'd normally do.

Certainly proves that all the people who are in favor of the current AE+OE system because it's "challenging" are as wrong as they could be.

Seems to me that the most efficient path would be to keep dumping eastern cores and conquer Ethiopia next so you can convert to Christianity and get elected emperor. Speeds up the HRE a lot.

Seems to me that the most efficient path would be to keep dumping eastern cores and conquer Ethiopia next so you can convert to Christianity and get elected emperor. Speeds up the HRE a lot.
What's the point of doing that though? Might as well play France or England if you're going to do the standard HRE strat :D

Wonder if you could pause, set up the cores, then declare war on the nation you took it from. Cores can't progress if you're at war with a state that has their own cores there, right?

If they have a negative time to happen they will still complete despite you being at war again.
And this is all incredibly cheap, you would be making single digit MPs if it worked.

What's the point of doing that though? Might as well play France or England if you're going to do the standard HRE strat :D

What's "standard" about it? You're going Ming in to Mughals first.

It's simply a question of how the game is constructed. "The point" is that becoming emperor is the fastest way to "conquer" the HRE, period. Or would you rather click more? What's the point of that?