DDRJake at it again - world conquest with the Minghals

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think the thing is that he can instacore any province...

Yes, he can, but the requirements for setting that up without tanking his country too long or getting killed outright are quite strict. Also, keep in mind that once a nation like France dominates Western Europe, grabs HRE emperor, and blocks Muscovy he has little in his way save the Ottomans, Kalmar union, and a tiny Muscovy...all steamrolls. Everything else? 100% war score = protectorate aside from the joke hordes and remnants of the Muslim tech group. From a WC perspective, that's as good as an insta-core. Someone using such a country could just leave a horde as a blocking vassal while spamming protectorates from Delhi to Japan. Put down the colonizers, and a good 2/3 of the world essentially falls under your sphere at a 1 war/country rate, regardless of size, and just like in this game you'll have the #'s to do multiple wars at once.

Is it possibly faster? Maybe. Will it result in a stronger ending position due to no protectorates and owning more total provinces? Sure (Chinese tech can't take protectorates). Is it actually EASIER to execute? That's pretty questionable.

Give the player and AI alike the tools to bleed AE and wreck coalitions from the inside out without firing a shot - at a cost, of course, and possibly not with guaranteed success. Make Espionage more valuable!

Espionage shouldn't be made "more" valuable, it needs to be made atleast 0.1% valuable in the first place, because right now espionage is the biggest waste of time and idea slot you could ever have, it is completely useless and has no purpose in the game. I bet you ten bucks they'll address this completely useless mechanic only in a new expansion pack for which people will have to pay... to have a basic mechanic of the game finally working correctly. I guess they need money, but it's a bit ridicilous model.

Yes, he can, but the requirements for setting that up without tanking his country too long or getting killed outright are quite strict. Also, keep in mind that once a nation like France dominates Western Europe, grabs HRE emperor, and blocks Muscovy he has little in his way save the Ottomans, Kalmar union, and a tiny Muscovy...all steamrolls. Everything else? 100% war score = protectorate aside from the joke hordes and remnants of the Muslim tech group. From a WC perspective, that's as good as an insta-core. Someone using such a country could just leave a horde as a blocking vassal while spamming protectorates from Delhi to Japan. Put down the colonizers, and a good 2/3 of the world essentially falls under your sphere at a 1 war/country rate, regardless of size, and just like in this game you'll have the #'s to do multiple wars at once.

Is it possibly faster? Maybe. Will it result in a stronger ending position due to no protectorates and owning more total provinces? Sure (Chinese tech can't take protectorates). Is it actually EASIER to execute? That's pretty questionable.

Well, I can't really argue in this subject since I never try WC. Seems like an unfun and wasteless thing to do. As much the AI sucks, it still adds some intresenting flavor to interact with it, not to have complete dominance and just conquering nations that have no chance of beating you. I just start a new game when that happens as I've won by my definition.

Espionage shouldn't be made "more" valuable, it needs to be made atleast 0.1% valuable in the first place, because right now espionage is the biggest waste of time and idea slot you could ever have, it is completely useless and has no purpose in the game. I bet you ten bucks they'll address this completely useless mechanic only in a new expansion pack for which people will have to pay... to have a basic mechanic of the game finally working correctly. I guess they need money, but it's a bit ridicilous model.

Actually, if you mosey over to the "Changes to ideas in 1.6" thread, you'll see that the entire idea group is being overhauled in the next patch. And I have to admit, the changes are an immense improvement.

Actually, if you mosey over to the "Changes to ideas in 1.6" thread, you'll see that the entire idea group is being overhauled in the next patch. And I have to admit, the changes are an immense improvement.

Unless you are landlocked, in which case they have two ideas completely useless. Quality and Quantity share the same problem. "Herr Kanzler of Schweitz, we have to progress in the naval matters before moving on on this train of thought!" "But..." "NAVAAAAL"

Unless you are landlocked, in which case they have two ideas completely useless. Quality and Quantity share the same problem. "Herr Kanzler of Schweitz, we have to progress in the naval matters before moving on on this train of thought!" "But..." "NAVAAAAL"

That's very true. But that's an old problem with the idea groups, and the new Espionage is still worlds better than the old Espionage, whether you're landlocked or not.

uQreu5C.jpg

bWStJ4p.jpg

These need to be made, wiser words have never been spoken!

I want that T-Shirt. Now.

Espionage shouldn't be made "more" valuable, it needs to be made atleast 0.1% valuable in the first place, because right now espionage is the biggest waste of time and idea slot you could ever have, it is completely useless and has no purpose in the game.

How about you take a look at the mini-mod I just whipped up? Get espionage, pay the fee and shady guys will wreck hostile coalitions for you.

So like many of you, I am trying this myself. Everything is relatively straightforward, but I am nearing the point at which I must force myself into bankruptcy, and the process is a little confusing. Can someone explain it step by step for me? I would really rather not screw it up because I am unfamiliar with bankruptcy mechanics.

Is it actually EASIER to execute? That's pretty questionable.

Eh, all you have to do is grab Delhi and Roh, which is the only point in the strategy where things can go wrong.

After that it's smooth sailing.

Figuring out this masterpiece in the first place was the hard part but none of us had to do that :D

Last edited:
Eh, all you have to do is grab Delhi and Roh, which is the only point in the strategy where things can go wrong.

Lol, release all your vassals and reducing yourselves to an OPM before go bankrupt and wait rebel stack to spawn. If a human player saw that, pretty much GG for you.

Lol, release all your vassals and reducing yourselves to an OPM before go bankrupt and wait rebel stack to spawn. If a human player saw that, pretty much GG for you.
First: the strategy doesnt require a Rebel stack to spawn ever.
and Second: It requires a human opponent to be playing in India or China, any European nation can't stop it without going to absurd lengths. And stopping it as any Indian or Chinese nation outside of Timurids is rather comical. Its still Ming afterall, and they could just crush you before doing the trick.

The real issue with using it in a multiplayer game is needing a lengthy pause in order to take out all your loans to get the trick started. But the trick itself happens in a absurdly short timeframe from Vassel Release to bankruptcy, to Delhi absorption, it can all happen in a period of just a few months. Problem is the trick requires the other players to let you pause at exact times.

Figuring out this masterpiece in the first place was the hard part but none of us had to do that :D

Yeah sure. Just grab Delhi and Roh.

With precision bankruptcy timing.

Going bankrupt next to the strongest horde to start the game.

It's like saying all you have to do is inherit part of Burgundy and vassal electors...after that you can just snipe every colony the others try to make and build IA :/.

After all, while trying to annex all of Iberia quickly would get you into coalition hell, you could take a few provinces here and there in Europe while taking basically all of their colonial holdings (screwing their range) and nobody will care. You don't even need to dominate their navy, just land forces near their colonies ahead of time and win the war on the European front. Although note that if you 100% occupy a nation like England or Castille the AI will scuttle its navy. I was able to drop the English fleet to 1 ship this way as Irish Munster...I wonder how "hard" this would be for France to do to England/Castille/Portugal?

It requires a human opponent to be playing in India or China, any European nation can't stop it without going to absurd lengths. And stopping it as any Indian or Chinese nation outside of Timurids is rather comical. Its still Ming afterall, and they could just crush you before doing the trick.

If it's just two players in Asia, sure. If it's 3+, then a beeline towards another human through many provinces is sticking one's neck out quite a bit, while the period after going bankrupt is rather extremely vulnerable.

But it's not just that. Even if nobody is playing Timurids, whoever is playing the Ottomans would be able to see this unfolding perfectly clearly (and by game standards, they're European ;)). Somehow, I doubt an Ottoman player would ignore this, and I also doubt a Ming player could "just crush" the Ottomans!

Even a competent Oirate horde player would be a nightmare as if you release shun + co you lose the ability to micro how they are fighting there and they're going to get looted and baited into horde territory like crazy...but if you try to "just crush" them early the result is usually a bit sore...

A lot of people seem to be saying Delhi or Roah. Let me remind you guys the reason jake took Roah was because it's culture is apart of the Iranian culture group which gets the decision to form mughals. You need to be an OPM to make the culture switch and if you own both delhi and Roah it own't work, what jake did was have Delhi a vassal and close to annexation just before he bankrupted so he could absorb the land ASAP after culture shifting.

A lot of people seem to be saying Delhi or Roah. Let me remind you guys the reason jake took Roah was because it's culture is apart of the Iranian culture group which gets the decision to form mughals. You need to be an OPM to make the culture switch and if you own both delhi and Roah it own't work, what jake did was have Delhi a vassal and close to annexation just before he bankrupted so he could absorb the land ASAP after culture shifting.

Saying Delhi, I believe people are referring to making them a vassal, such that post-bankrupty you can annex to form Mughals.

Yeah sure. Just grab Delhi and Roh.

With precision bankruptcy timing.

Yeah? Pause it on the last day of the month, sell Beijing, done.

Going bankrupt next to the strongest horde to start the game.

Actually fighting them is trivial once you've gotten to that point, you can afk while your vassals do it for you. Timurids won't engage if you sit at your army cap, the only problem they can cause (And it's pretty much a definite reset) is if they declare on you before you've transitioned into OPM.

Last edited:
Yeah? Pause it on the last day of the month, sell Beijing, done.

Actually fighting them is non-trivial once you've gotten to that point, you can afk while your vassals do it for you. Timurids won't engage if you sit at your army cap, the only problem they can cause (And it's pretty much a definite reset) is if they declare on you before you've transitioned into OPM.

Granted...but then what's significantly more difficult about winning with 100YW victor England or France? Even with speed coring as Minghals you still have to chew through HRE + Europe + colonies, and come up with offsets to truce breaks or wait. As France, there are no opposing colonies (maybe Muscovy hangs onto 1) since you take them all and can do so w/o significant AE, you can use HRE to just give you that land, and every war in new world + non-horde/Arabian Asia is a 100% WS = done. This is before we factor any other PU also.

I guess maybe you could consider Austria a hard fight :p.

Granted...but then what's significantly more difficult about winning with 100YW victor England or France?

Nothing that I can think of, I guess the RNG element of it would be the only thing. A random AI PU can hit you pretty hard in those runs. Here, as long as you get yourself through the first part, you should be good to go.

Nothing that I can think of, I guess the RNG element of it would be the only thing. A random AI PU can hit you pretty hard in those runs. Here, as long as you get yourself through the first part, you should be good to go.

I think if you get the inheritance though it's only so long before most PUs would stop being able to screw you, as you could break them in 1 war once you're strong enough.

Don't get me wrong, the Minghal strategy is incredible and his end map will look more impressive and might actually be faster (we'll see), but looking at it I just have doubts if it's strictly "easier".