DDRJake at it again - world conquest with the Minghals

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can someone tell me why he can core a province in 1 second for almost nothing?

He formed the Mughals as Ming, using bankruptcy as OPM to culture/religion switch. As a result, he kept factions but because he's no longer Ming, lost inward perfection.

The result is that the -75% tech cost, -100% coring cost, and other faction bonuses are applied without inward perfection offsetting them.

Can someone tell me why he can core a province in 1 second for almost nothing?

With Ming, you have three factions that impose different modifiers. With the Temple faction, you have 100 % core cost (and time) reduction) which is normally negated by Inward Perfection but he lost IP as soon as he formed Munghals.

With Ming, you have three factions that impose different modifiers. With the Temple faction, you have 100 % core cost (and time) reduction) which is normally negated by Inward Perfection but he lost IP as soon as he formed Munghals.

And hilariously he also tag-switched to Mughals, so he had an additional -25% coring time/cost.

so he basically exploited the game...

The game does what the game does. You can "Form Mughals" if you have the right culture. He got the right culture.

When you "Form Mughals" it changes your government in certain ways.

Just because the game is written in a retarded fashion doesn't mean it's an exploit. It's just a stupid game.

And of course we can't forget what he pays to make buildings, such as manufactories...
Atleast he still has to pay for monarch points.

Although he can have 100% free advisors with Eunuch...
Time spent as Eunuchs is time not spent in Temple, insta-coring and conquering. :)

Time spent as Eunuchs is time not spent in Temple, insta-coring and conquering. :)

It's not like you can't sit on +3 across the board and pay for it easily with all of Ming lands anyway, and he has much more than just that. Making the buildings only requires a very temporary (IE inside 1 month) switch to bureaucrat, and with them costing nothing he can get a LOT of manpower, FL, and money from nowhere while his techs cost a bit less than western nations pay.

http://www.twitch.tv/ddrjake/c/4069036

Minute 45 is where the magic happens.

Short story: start as Ming, vassalize Delhi and conquer one of the their provinces, release the Chinese vassals, keep just that Indian province, go bankrupt to force cultural and religious conversion as the OPM, annex Delhi, form the Mughals. The faction system remains but you lose the penalties, have Mughal national ideas, Muslim tech and Indian units.
Hilarious.

And I actually found the way I could have done my religious conversion as Tibet - I didn't know about bankruptcy at the time :(

(sorry if there's been another thread about this, I didn't see one)

you don't change tech, he is still Chinese tech, just Indian troops

You only change tech if Nomad when forming them. However, the Indian troops are quite good when current, and with Eunich teching he's faster than western. With Temple's discipline bonus, current-tech Indian units are going to be able to beat European forces easily until ~tech 26. Will it even matter by then :p?