DDRJake at it again - world conquest with the Minghals

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is pretty much the impression I get. Hence why I only play Victoria and CK now.

I can understand for CK (barely) but Victoria ? Really ? The AI in Victoria is probably the worst of any game I have ever played my entire life, so except if you play MP only I can't see how you can have fun in this game since it's just afk destroy everything even as a small nation cause the AI is too busy being dumb.

I saw a run where Belgium get attacked by Netherlands who has almost no troops ( suicide lol ) then they lose, the guy took one of their colony in asia, then he declares war to china and own them cause for some reason they can't use troops correctly even while being enormous. This game is litteraly a big joke.

Speaking of bad AI, in EU IV no nation shows it like Ming itself, because the devs didn't give them any faction logic. Ming's right up there with Timurids as a 2nd tier start behind only powerhouses like France, Ottomans, Austria. The starting rulers suck, but you can sit on +3 advisors instantly and your rulers don't suck forever. You can literally diplo-vassal nearly all of SEA and Tibet into India while just sitting in Eunich faction, thanks to said faction you can also westernize quickly via a new world beeline (vassal/annex Maya for a CN or something, should be able to get that done pretty fast to drop a colony near a Euro CN). Sure, you have the worst religion in the game but as long as you don't take the 7th religious idea it's not too miserable. That manpower bonus :p.

But in AI hands Ming is just food. If you play as Manchu, Mongol Khanate, Oirate Horde, etc the amount of money you can get just with looting is silly.

Without the penalties, factions are deliciously broken :laugh:.

@DDRJake or anyone who has deep understanding - is there a reason you release the Chinese vassals before taking 300+ small loans and get tying insane inflation ? Since inflation is +0.1 per loan regardless of loan size, couldn't you take fewer large loans, then release the vassals to achieve deep debt and impending bankruptcy with less inflation.?

I actually tried that somehow yesterday: Took most of the loans, then released the vassals. Next month I was again able to take loans (not that many though) and went bankrupt the month after. It might save some clicking and some inflation. Someone needs to try this with almost maxing out the loans before the vassal release. I was a little chicken to fully try it as it was already my 5th run and I didn't want to screw it up.

In my first try I took the loans after selling Beijing. Something like 3000 loans @ 2 ducats available. My finger protested angrily and instantly rage quit.
Then I never got Bengal and or Delhi to take loans. Too much time passed. Quit.
Then I took land from Delhi, wanted to vassalize them 5 yrs later, but they always won some land through conquest and were too big to vassalize. No warnings helped, they just grew. Rage quit.

And so on. I'm now in the 6th run and it goes well, however the coalition against me is huge and includes Japan. It makes for a lot harder game. I might have to try DDR's AE burner for the first time.

Last edited:
I love all the whiners. Personally I'm thorougly enjoying playing. There's some mechanics that I don't like. There's things i don't understand. LIke late game when all the cores disappear and you have to basically decide do I expand and lose all my admin or do I just take useless protectorates and never grow. Then there's the upcoming stuff for won which looks cool but it seems like they are buffing western nations even more by giving them special stuff to spend monarch points when no western nation ever has monarch points to spare so that seems like an issue. Really though I've gotten more use out of this game then anything. It's just passed CK2 and Civ 5 for my most played and I think i got more then my money's worth.

I just wish there were more ways to deal with AE. Right now there are two options:

1) abuse an exploit that is likely to get patched;
2) wait.

Apparently, Paradox really likes option two. Is there anyone who actually likes to be forced to do nothing while they could be out there conquering provinces?

Complete cores, replenish manpower, integrate vassals, wage war on the other front, fabricate claims, look for targets of opportunity...

I just hate so much that ordinary way of trying to make excuses for wrong design and balance decissions. gothos ... please face reality maybe some of what I am about to tell you will get through, you try to excuse a game that force you to wait idly with other idly, passby mechanics - manpower replenish, integration of vassals, completing cores, look for target of opportunity??? Common man I don`t want to be rude ... but for the God fu**ing hell, How on earth a simple move of your eyeballs at diffrent information shown on monitor can be a demanding action??? Replenish manpower by 450 this month!!! How exciting!!! My tick for annexing vassal rose by 0,87% this month !! F**ing allelujah!!! My coring get closer to 100% by 1,2 % this month!!! I rock in this game!!!!

For the other points mentioned by you: wage war on the other front, farbricate claims, look for targets of opportunity .... Seriously, you try to suggest offtime caused by generated AE in previous expansion by actions that can cause more AE?!!!

Seriously, that kind of posts make me so f**** furious..... Current peace time possibilities for players in EUIV is to call it gently- lacking.

Isn't it possible to make an AE-reducing mod?

You can easily make a no AE mod or a mod where AE decays faster. The problem is people and Paradox believe achievements and ironman are serious business so they're stuck with badly designed artificial barriers and boring waiting times.

Complete cores, replenish manpower, integrate vassals, wage war on the other front, fabricate claims, look for targets of opportunity...

Complete cores: can be done during a war (though it's more costly).
Replenish manpower: can be done during a war by switching to mercenaries.
Integrate vassals: can be done during a war provided you start the integration before you start the war.
Wage war on the other front: that's assuming you have another front that is different in culture and/or religion than the one where you waged your last war.
Fabricate claims: can be done during a war, just not on your current target or its allies that honored the call.
Look for targets of opportunity: can be done during a war.

If you're not a role-player, there is no reason to ever be at peace unless you need to click the annex/integrate button - and it should be obvious that I'm not a role-player. I don't mind the concept of AE and coalitions, as I do believe the AI needs tools to defend itself, but I wish there was something I could do about it other than sitting around with my thumb up my ass. If there was ever a good reason to expand on the Espionage branch of diplomacy, this is it.

Last edited:
Take a chill pill and stop whining, it's unbecoming of an adult. You're embarrassing yourself. If you completely lack patience, maybe it's time to go play a different game. It's like complaining Diablo is a simple hack'n'slash with no character development.

What's the point of arguing mechanics? AE's in the game, OE's in the game, coalitions are in the game - and they're not going away. And I like it that way - as do many others. Other fronts you conquer in a different region, religious group and culture group, these things matter, did you know? And all this matter just so much to you why, because you can't manage a World Conquest? Well, maybe you're just not good enough, did the thought occur to you? Suck it up.

Complete cores: can be done during a war (though it's more costly).
Replenish manpower: can be done during a war by switching to mercenaries.
Integrate vassals: can be done during a war provided you start the integration before you start the war.
Wage war on the other front: that's assuming you have another front that is different in culture and/or religion than the one where you waged your last war.
Fabricate claims: can be done during a war, just not on your current target or its allies that honored the call.
Look for targets of opportunity: can be done during a war.

If you're not a role-player, there is no reason to ever be at peace unless you need to click the annex/integrate button - and it should be obvious that I'm not a role-player. I don't mind the concept of AE and coalitions, as I do believe the AI needs tools to defend itself, but I wish there was something I could do about it other than sitting around with my thumb up my ass. If there was ever a good reason to expand on the Espionage branch of diplomacy, this is it.

Now here's a decent reply. Iduakil please take notes and learn from this fine gentleman.
Now, to address it: That is all true, of course. With a few notes:
Coring progress is frozen when at war with someone with a core on the provinces you're coring. At the moment in my Commonwealth game coring time is 112 months for me, which is OUCH, but hey. Fair game.
I'm no longer in need of manpower as at this size as even at war with other powers in my european front my manpower barely takes a dent while sieging several provinces at once with stacks of 40+, and battles aren't even much of a thing, but at the beginnings I barely had enough manpower+cash for taking on my enemies, like Muscovy.
Vassalizing/annex: yeah, only pushing the button requires peace, that much is true. Scant little time at peacetime with a few allies though! ;)
Well, if you're going to be conquering a lot, you might as well plan ahead, yes? Set up your fronts so that you can flip between them at will.
Fabricate claims: true, but can also be done during peacetime. With long borders you can fabricate on a lot of targets, and that takes diplomats and time! Always aim for having all the claims you can on possible war targets.
Scouting: yeah, can be, but would be distracting. When I wait for truces to end I look through disputed successions, others' wars, alliances (alliance with Uzbek was Crimea's downfall in my latest game as I could get at them without poking Otto).

There's ways of juggling AE, through region, alliances and improving relations (friendly folk seem to get a lot less AE than neutrals). Truth be told, if not for truces and AE/coalitions, at this point I could just steamroll the whole world, that would make the game quite trivial. I don't really fancy unending war myself, I like that in Pdox games you have these little mechanics limiting it, as opposed to, say, Total War games. Never touched a CA game after trying CK2 for the first time.

Child_eating_popcorn.jpg

I just finished watching....Dat Mughals! Was like ooooooh damn!

Take a chill pill and stop whining, it's unbecoming of an adult. You're embarrassing yourself. If you completely lack patience, maybe it's time to go play a different game. It's like complaining Diablo is a simple hack'n'slash with no character development.

What's the point of arguing mechanics? AE's in the game, OE's in the game, coalitions are in the game - and they're not going away. And I like it that way - as do many others. Other fronts you conquer in a different region, religious group and culture group, these things matter, did you know? And all this matter just so much to you why, because you can't manage a World Conquest? Well, maybe you're just not good enough, did the thought occur to you? Suck it up.

Let`s get this straight. The Outlaw Torn made a post about ways to deal with AE. In it He takes an assumption that Paradox likes more the option to just simply force players to wait doing nothing and ends with a rather rhetoric question does anyone even likes that?

Your response to that is a simple list of diffrent game actions, which I interpret that is a list of actions that in your mind are worthwile and fill the space that The Outlaw Torn called as "nothing".

I post my response to that, as other 2 posters negative response to your post.

Now we get this .... We get a personal attack, calling us children, that we posses lack of patience, suggesting playing other games, to suck it up. Ok, thats your line of defence. So be it. I`m off with further discussion with you. I believed that myabe I`ll get scolded for my lack of knowledge about the game and I`ll learn a few new things. Well I`ve just got a confirmation that most of the time you won`t get any constructive discussion on this forums regarding controversial game mechanics. Mostly you`ll get resposnes as above. Good bye and good luck on your endevours mate!!!

I meant the other guy, took me a while to post.

Aye, I just edited it out. My bad.

Front flipping is great in Eurasia and Asia proper, but it doesn't work in Europe - at least not until the Reformation hits, and even then with HRE mechanics it's iffy at best. It'd be nice to have options added by Espionage that allow you to bleed or even divert AE by, for example, forging a claim after the war. "Hey, you guys! You're ganging up on me because you think I'm an aggressor, but I only did what I did because [country] did [thing] to me - and here's proof!" Not very eloquent, but you get the point.

Last edited: