• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What determines how cores are created in an EU4 converted game? There's this Syria with cores all over the world, from Ukraine to Northern Africa, which was a non-existent country in CK2.

If there are counties in CK2 with a culture that would convert to Syrian culture in EU4 (most likely levantine_arabic), Syria will get a core on it that doesn't expire, since Syria is the primary nation of Syrian culture.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hello! I am having a problem with maxed out CK2 Great Works not being converted into EU4 province modifiers. I am certain this has worked in the past for me, I did however own all the EU4 dlc then and now I do not. Could that be the cause or is it something else?

Hello! I am having a problem with maxed out CK2 Great Works not being converted into EU4 province modifiers. I am certain this has worked in the past for me, I did however own all the EU4 dlc then and now I do not. Could that be the cause or is it something else?
I'm not familiar with CK2 Great Works, so I doubt it's supported. We support regular dynamically built monuments, but that's about it. If you own [whatever EU4 DLC adds wonders] then you get one of those, if not, you get a province modifier.

I'm not familiar with CK2 Great Works, so I doubt it's supported. We support regular dynamically built monuments, but that's about it. If you own [whatever EU4 DLC adds wonders] then you get one of those, if not, you get a province modifier.
Thank you for replying! I think that dynamically built monuments and what I call great works are the same thing. It says on the Paradox wiki FaQ for this converter mod that "Wonders are imported in the same fashion as the official converter does - as permanent province modifiers granting powerful bonuses.". I am almost 100% certain that this has been the case when I have used the converter previously. Now however my CK2 "monuments" are not being converted into anything at all when I launch EU4 without any DLC enabled.

Thank you for replying! I think that dynamically built monuments and what I call great works are the same thing. It says on the Paradox wiki FaQ for this converter mod that "Wonders are imported in the same fashion as the official converter does - as permanent province modifiers granting powerful bonuses.". I am almost 100% certain that this has been the case when I have used the converter previously. Now however my CK2 "monuments" are not being converted into anything at all when I launch EU4 without any DLC enabled.
Well, upload your ck2 save and conversion's log.txt and I'll take a look.

I'm having monuments double up. Two papal palaces, two Konark sun temples, etc. Probably the CK2 ones slipping in right next to the EU4 ones, instead of overriding or skipping EU4's monuments. Any quick fix for that?

Hi. great converter.
But I have a question.
I intend to use converter to create a mod that add CK2 denominations in EU4.
Own or no all CK2 DLCs make differece on religions convertion?

Hi. great converter.
But I have a question.
I intend to use converter to create a mod that add CK2 denominations in EU4.
Own or no all CK2 DLCs make differece on religions convertion?
We generally do not require any DLCs at all. Whatever you do in CK2 should be ok, as far as we're concerned.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hi! My understanding is that the converter should support SWMH/HIP? Is that right? So far seems to work fine, but some provinces don't seem to be updated to 1.36. Ireland gets empty provinces and Turkey spawns the Ottomans when it shouldn't. Couldn't check if other provinces are affected.
Attached the save file (we used the Frosty4 patch, which IIRC only touches EMF stuff) and log.txt.

Attachments

• log.txt
    45,2 KB · Views: 0
  • mp_Trebizond1450_09_30.ck2
    174 MB · Views: 0
  • log.txt
    45,2 KB · Views: 0
Hi! My understanding is that the converter should support SWMH/HIP? Is that right? So far seems to work fine, but some provinces don't seem to be updated to 1.36. Ireland gets empty provinces and Turkey spawns the Ottomans when it shouldn't. Couldn't check if other provinces are affected.
Attached the save file (we used the Frosty4 patch, which IIRC only touches EMF stuff) and log.txt.
Yes, we support the HIP/SWMH, but itćs coded it such a way that there has to be a name-check for the mod's name if it's present. So, the mod we're looking for is "HIP - Historical Immersion Project", and if that's found the converter loads SWMH mappings. You have "HIP - PDX-ARG" which doesn't trigger this and converter loads vanilla mappings.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yes, we support the HIP/SWMH, but itćs coded it such a way that there has to be a name-check for the mod's name if it's present. So, the mod we're looking for is "HIP - Historical Immersion Project", and if that's found the converter loads SWMH mappings. You have "HIP - PDX-ARG" which doesn't trigger this and converter loads vanilla mappings.
Ah, so I have to rename it, gotcha. Thank you! :)

CK2+ doesnt work with this right?
From what I remember it did work, as well as HIP/SWMH if that suits you better. Try it and see. Run a test conversion and if it explodes then no-go.

I have a question about Tianxia compatibility. Is there a certain configuration that I need to use? When I tried to convert a save, it only converted the areas that were introduced by the mod itself. I'm assuming that this is user error on my part.
The converter isn't Tianxia compatible. There's been some work to make it compatible by another dev but it seems to have stalled.

Okay. Is there still working discord? I have questions and i dont want to pollute this thread
Feel free to ask here, answers remain for posterity, unlike Discord. We use a private discord for dev purposes only.