• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Heyya mates, fristly thanks a lot for this converter! It has worked very well and I have a lot of fun with it!

But just one quesation:
EU4 got an update today. The converter-mod has so many files (and overwrites many vanilla files), is it compatible?
Can I play an 1.35 converted game with 1.36 game?

Have to to manually update some of the files? Afaik the mod will stay at 1.35 with all bugs/balancing untouched, right? Is there a easy way to see which files have to be updated, to get the converter mod ready for 1.36?

(or, short: any idea how to find out, which files were updateted with patch 1.36, and which haven't changed?)

best wishes!
Revert to 1.35 if you have a save mid-playthrough. You can't upgrade a save without breakage. Or wait for the converter update.

Also, 1.36 drops in a week, not today.

Revert to 1.35 if you have a save mid-playthrough. You can't upgrade a save without breakage. Or wait for the converter update.
Thanks for answering!

I see how the point with savegames. But what with the "mod" itself?

I've converted my ck2 save with the current version and sadly deleted the savegame after conversion.
So, I just have just the 1.35-converter-mod, and can convert my ck2 savegamne again. Is it possible to update the 1.35-conversion-mod to 1.36 somehow?

Also, 1.36 drops in a week, not today.

ah, thanks for the correction! I was sure it was on this same day, but got something terribly wrong it seems^^

I see how the point with savegames. But what with the "mod" itself?

I've converted my ck2 save with the current version and sadly deleted the savegame after conversion.
So, I just have just the 1.35-converter-mod, and can convert my ck2 savegamne again. Is it possible to update the 1.35-conversion-mod to 1.36 somehow?
Since I don't have access to 1.36 I have no idea what will change and what won't. The likelihood of 1.35 working without issues in 1.36 is small but maybe the issues won't be serious. Still, I see zero reason why you couldn't stay on 1.35, finish the run, convert to Vic2/3 and move on. All of the 1.36 additions are for mission trees and country mechanics which are irrelevant in a conversion mod.

Reactions:
NEW VERSION NOW RELEASED!
(DIRECT LINK TO THE DOWNLOAD)

MerciaReleaseBanner.png

For CK2[3.3] and EU4[1.36]

CK2ToEU4, 1.0 of Mercia​

Merciful Release

Nothing major. 1.36 EU4 is now supported, but otherwise development is winding down. No new functionality.

Hotfixes​

• Thankfully, none.

Coldfixes​

• No longer assigning ottoman government for all sunni absolutists, doing Beyliks now.
  • Fixed prestige decay issues with some monuments.

Enhancements​

• Compatibility with 1.36 EU4.
  • Still expanding support for Tianxia.
  • Compatches for ImperatorToCK2.
  • Exploration updated so that hopefully only the region in which the Renaissance spawned should colonize until at least the 1600's.
  • Expansion updated so that nations will expand into empty territories if no-one has done so by the mid 1700's.

Shuffles​

• Redid some cultural localizations and various helper strings.

• 3Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Hey, everyone! Thanks for the quick work.
There's one issue I noticed, though. When I transfer my Roman Empire save to EU4, I don't get access to some of the new government reforms that should be available to the Roman Empire formed by Byzantium, i.e. it's necessary for my previous tag to had been BYZ. Is there anything you can do about that, somehow "let the game know" I once was Byzantium?

Hey, everyone! Thanks for the quick work.
There's one issue I noticed, though. When I transfer my Roman Empire save to EU4, I don't get access to some of the new government reforms that should be available to the Roman Empire formed by Byzantium, i.e. it's necessary for my previous tag to had been BYZ. Is there anything you can do about that, somehow "let the game know" I once was Byzantium?
No, not much we can do about it as they have "is BYZ" or "was BYZ". But feel free to edit the mod manually and give yourself the reform from the start.

No, not much we can do about it as they have "is BYZ" or "was BYZ". But feel free to edit the mod manually and give yourself the reform from the start.
Thanks. Any advice on how to edit the mod to make the reform available? I wouldn't wanna give it to my empire at the beginning of the game, bc those reforms come later. The 1-tier Roman reform works without any problems and was super easy to add in the mod history file.
But how do I fix the later ones? Do I edit the mod, or the saves?

Thanks. Any advice on how to edit the mod to make the reform available? I wouldn't wanna give it to my empire at the beginning of the game, bc those reforms come later. The 1-tier Roman reform works without any problems and was super easy to add in the mod history file.
But how do I fix the later ones? Do I edit the mod, or the saves?
Easiest way to go about this is to edit the tag_mappings.txt file in configurables folder. Instead of mapping your roman empire to ROM, map it to BYZ and reconvert. Then you can form actual ROM and probably get all the required reforms.

• 1Like
Reactions:
help i tired to load my ck2 save in the covnter but all the lands get fatgted in the process
What does "fatgted" mean?

With almost 70 enabled mods, it's quite likely one or more of them change the map/game in such a way that it's incompatible with the converter.

fragmented
You are using a map altering mod that is incompatible with the converter. Again, I'd tell you which one it is, but among almost 70 mods I honestly don't have a clue.

Hello, everyone!
Would it be possible to make Hagia Sophia usable for Iconoclasts, as well as other Christian sects and heresies from the CK2 game? Just because the Iconoclasts would probably wreck the mosaics of Jesus and Co. inside, it doesn't mean they'd tear a massive cathedral like that down, or let it fall into disuse. There's also no reason Monothelites, or Nestorians or Protestants etc. wouldn't wanna use it. The only ones I can imagine not wanting it would be the Cathars and the Bogumils.
Also, could you, pretty please with cream and cherry on top, provide for some way to convert Hagia Sophia to a Hellenic temple? Something akin to how PDX made it possible to convert the Kaaba to a church? Maybe even copy that model and make it a decision, instead of a mission? It'd be amazing if there was an option to make it like a second Parthenon, dedicated to Athena, or perhaps to have an option to choose to which female deity it would be dedicated.
Thanks in advance for your consideration!

Hello, everyone!
Would it be possible to make Hagia Sophia usable for Iconoclasts, as well as other Christian sects and heresies from the CK2 game? Just because the Iconoclasts would probably wreck the mosaics of Jesus and Co. inside, it doesn't mean they'd tear a massive cathedral like that down, or let it fall into disuse. There's also no reason Monothelites, or Nestorians or Protestants etc. wouldn't wanna use it. The only ones I can imagine not wanting it would be the Cathars and the Bogumils.
Also, could you, pretty please with cream and cherry on top, provide for some way to convert Hagia Sophia to a Hellenic temple? Something akin to how PDX made it possible to convert the Kaaba to a church? Maybe even copy that model and make it a decision, instead of a mission? It'd be amazing if there was an option to make it like a second Parthenon, dedicated to Athena, or perhaps to have an option to choose to which female deity it would be dedicated.
Thanks in advance for your consideration!
Does it not work that way currently? Theoretically the Hagia Sophia should be converted and able to be used by any christian or muslim nation.

For some reason, the converter instantly fails when trying to convert. Like, at the "saving configuration" step.

My game was with HIP though, but I thought I remembered it being no issue as long as HIP was checked in the modlist.

For some reason, the converter instantly fails when trying to convert. Like, at the "saving configuration" step.

My game was with HIP though, but I thought I remembered it being no issue as long as HIP was checked in the modlist.
HIP has nothing to do with it. You haven't uploaded log.txt from converter's folder.
Generally though, failing to save the configuration means your AV is blocking it from using the disk. Whitelist it.

HIP conversion errors: duplicate Great projects and anachronistic Ming.

duplicate Great projects:
  • Stonehenge
  • Mausoleum at Halicarnassus
  • Pyramid of Cheop
  • Petra
  • Apostolic Palace (Duplication of modifiers with Saint Peter's Basilica)

20240113162249_1.jpg

20240113163433_1.jpg

Attachments

• Eire.ck2
    32,2 MB · Views: 0
  • configuration.txt
    1,2 KB · Views: 0
  • log.txt
    63,8 KB · Views: 0