• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello everyone,
Is it possible to force the converter to give my ck2 Empire a custom tag?
Right now it turns me into FRA and in Vic2 it completely changes to France.
In CK2ToEU4\configurables\tag_mappings.txt there is a line which maps your current title to FRA. Simply delete or comment out that line.

If anyone is trying to get this running on Linux I got it working. Installed it through Lutris, then you have to install vcrun2022 through Lutris's winetricks, then pull all the game files and documents folders into the wine prefix so that the converter can run without all those errors

Is there a way to shatter the HRE to duchies AND kingdoms only if they're electors? That would be pretty cool

If anyone is trying to get this running on Linux I got it working. Installed it through Lutris, then you have to install vcrun2022 through Lutris's winetricks, then pull all the game files and documents folders into the wine prefix so that the converter can run without all those errors

Is there a way to shatter the HRE to duchies AND kingdoms only if they're electors? That would be pretty cool
No, we assign electors later if possible at all - it often happens actual electors disappear during shattering for various reasons. If they survive, only then we flag them and assign random other states as electors, so we can't shatter according to their status.

Hi!

After receiving update notifications for both EU4 and the mod, and updating to the latest versions, CK2's Roman culture defaulted back to EU4's "Lost Cultures" group instead of being part of the mod's Roman culture group. The Roman culture group still exists, as any roman culture outside of the Italian peninsula still got the appropriate local roman variant.

Should I roll back EU4, the mod, or both?

Hi!

After receiving update notifications for both EU4 and the mod, and updating to the latest versions, CK2's Roman culture defaulted back to EU4's "Lost Cultures" group instead of being part of the mod's Roman culture group. The Roman culture group still exists, as any roman culture outside of the Italian peninsula still got the appropriate local roman variant.

Should I roll back EU4, the mod, or both?
Unclear. Please share your converterćs log.txt (inside converter folder), ck2 save + a list of your running ck2 mods so I can replicate and see what's going on.

Hello! Will the converter for HIP+SWMH work with the More Navigable Rivers mod? This mod adds new navigable rivers in the form of new provinces.
Anything that alters the map is not supported, sorry. SWMH map is an exception we specifically made for HIP.

No CK2 mods running. Thanks in advance for checking.
Thank you for your report. This issue has now been fixed. Please update the converter and retry.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thank you for your report. This issue has now been fixed. Please update the converter and retry.

Yep, Roman now works as it should, thank you.

An unrelated question... Is it possible to have non-contiguous count-tier realms convert to the same tag? For example: EU4's Armagnac (AMG) requires CK2's c_armagnac, but in vanilla EU4 Armagnac also owns Rourche and La Marche. Currently, if I give the corresponding CK2 counties to the same ruler as c_armagnac, those convert to EU4 as Junior Partners of AMG instead (with custom Z-tags), I assume because they are non-contiguous. My goal is to approximate a lot of areas as closely as possible to vanilla EU4. Would c_armagnac need certain centralization laws? Or is it maybe related to game rules?

More weirdness when trying to find out why France didn't get its appanages. I found out that a large number of European feudal titles that start out in EU4 as independent become by default an english_monarchy (lozalized as "Chartered Monarchy" in the game). Among others: Castille, Aragon, Brittany, the Irish minors, Bavaria, and the aforementioned France (which would indeed preclude them from getting appanages, and those appanages become english_monarchy as well). As a further complication, english_monarchy can not be changed from.

Yep, Roman now works as it should, thank you.

An unrelated question... Is it possible to have non-contiguous count-tier realms convert to the same tag? For example: EU4's Armagnac (AMG) requires CK2's c_armagnac, but in vanilla EU4 Armagnac also owns Rourche and La Marche. Currently, if I give the corresponding CK2 counties to the same ruler as c_armagnac, those convert to EU4 as Junior Partners of AMG instead (with custom Z-tags), I assume because they are non-contiguous. My goal is to approximate a lot of areas as closely as possible to vanilla EU4. Would c_armagnac need certain centralization laws? Or is it maybe related to game rules?

Land connectivity has zero impact on conversion. Map differences are the reason why some aspects are lost. If 3 ck2 provinces map to a single EU4 one, then the guy with mods development/buildings among those 3 gets to be the owner of the EU4 province. Same for reverse - if a ck2 province maps to 3 EU4 ones, then the owner gets all three.

If an owner holds multiple titles of same level as his primary title and is in christian world, the primary one is his main title, others split and become junior partners. For duchies, he'd have to be King to avoid this.

More weirdness when trying to find out why France didn't get its appanages. I found out that a large number of European feudal titles that start out in EU4 as independent become by default an english_monarchy (lozalized as "Chartered Monarchy" in the game). Among others: Castille, Aragon, Brittany, the Irish minors, Bavaria, and the aforementioned France (which would indeed preclude them from getting appanages, and those appanages become english_monarchy as well). As a further complication, english_monarchy can not be changed from.
We don't map appanages. They were introduced as an EU4 concept/mechanics relatively recently, while this converter is old and I have no intention of expanding it further. If you wish appanages, change the vassals to appanages and give the owner the french government form that allows for them.
Also, feel free to edit whatever country you disagree with. We assign "Chartered Monarchy" to those countries that have a very large amount of laws (limiting sovereign rule), akin to RL England of the time.

Is it because of this mod, or some EU4 feature, that my Syrian + Jewish Israel is named after my dynasty, and not Israel? Ideas and decisions are all Israel though.
In CK2 usage of dynastic names is tied to culture, not religion as one would expect of Islamic nations. You are likely syrian which tent to use dynastic names.
You can edit the localization in the localisation/ folder - just delete the lines with your name and you should revert to Israel.

In CK2 usage of dynastic names is tied to culture, not religion as one would expect of Islamic nations. You are likely syrian which tent to use dynastic names.
You can edit the localization in the localisation/ folder - just delete the lines with your name and you should revert to Israel.
Yeah, I'm Syrian. So is the CK2 kingdom of Thracesia, which also was named after the dynasty in EU4. I didn't use cultural or dynastic naming game rule in CK2.

Reactions:
Land connectivity has zero impact on conversion. Map differences are the reason why some aspects are lost. If 3 ck2 provinces map to a single EU4 one, then the guy with mods development/buildings among those 3 gets to be the owner of the EU4 province. Same for reverse - if a ck2 province maps to 3 EU4 ones, then the owner gets all three.

If an owner holds multiple titles of same level as his primary title and is in christian world, the primary one is his main title, others split and become junior partners. For duchies, he'd have to be King to avoid this.

We don't map appanages. They were introduced as an EU4 concept/mechanics relatively recently, while this converter is old and I have no intention of expanding it further. If you wish appanages, change the vassals to appanages and give the owner the french government form that allows for them.
Also, feel free to edit whatever country you disagree with. We assign "Chartered Monarchy" to those countries that have a very large amount of laws (limiting sovereign rule), akin to RL England of the time.

Unfortunate, since the latter severely railroads those nations that weren't a "chartered monarchy" at all, but also understandable.

Oh well, I needed to go through the eventual mod file anyway for other stuff, I'll just have to go a little deeper.

What determines how cores are created in an EU4 converted game? There's this Syria with cores all over the world, from Ukraine to Northern Africa, which was a non-existent country in CK2.