• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That sounds okay. I would suggest you use that thread, but if the OP isn't maintaining it then maybe that is not the correct thread to use. Before posting please check w/ Jacob Lundgrun, and also check to see if he feels it is appropriate to sticky.

*Dring DRING*

Hello Blade!!

We propose allowing us to move ONE werewolf game (only a big game - no lite games at all) to the OT forum. It would take only one thread (fewer than are currently used for US politics), and it is absolutely necessary if we are to revitalise this game. It would inject a very necessary number of new players, who we could then also redirect here for other games (e.g. lite games). Currently, we can't even fill a single lite game, and big games are often far smaller than they should be (closer to lite games than the big games of ol', bar a few exceptions like johho's recent game).

That does not seem like a good idea, but I understand your problem. Run one game in OT, please note in the first post you have permission, and note that it is a one time Exhibition Game outside of OT Games to stir up interest, and include a link to OT Games.

This is just a bump. In event of a real emergency we would have activated the implants inserted into your brains to enact emergency protocols as needed. Thank you

• 1Like
Reactions:
That does not seem like a good idea, but I understand your problem. Run one game in OT, please note in the first post you have permission, and note that it is a one time Exhibition Game outside of OT Games to stir up interest, and include a link to OT Games.

Hello, Blade!

I'm here to ask for a renewal of this permission, as the exhibition game Tornadoli asked for was never organized and now there's interest once again among our community to make it happen for the same reasons as last time, under the same regulations as well.

This is just a bump. In event of a real emergency we would have activated the implants inserted into your brains to enact emergency protocols as needed. Thank you
echo

Like with unholy summonings and burnt offerings to seal pacts with powers long forgotten?

Hello Blade! Sorry for bothering you, but user Wagonlitz has requested that I get permission for this Werewolf I theme I wanted to use out of concern for "nazi imagery". Just to be on the safe side.

I would like to host a Girls und Panzer themed game. I and several others (see: WW General Planning thread) who have seen the show think there isn't really anything problematic. The show is not political and pretty deftly avoids any discussion of the politics behind the second world war- it's about girls and tanks, it's not a political commentary (well, except it does kind of call out the malice of certain modern Japanese governmental bureaucracy). Even the side-show (not part of the main series) Yukari's Tank Corner which talks about the tanks in real life avoids the questions entirely, merely talking about the usage of tanks and tactics of tank battles throughout the war. I think certain fans might tend towards Wehraboo-ism, but it isn't a problem with the show itself.

Spoilers below on what might be potential problems.

1) Use of German WWII equipment- the show uses mostly WWII era tanks (also including some pre-war and a handful of post-war tanks as well) from a variety of different countries. This means that it uses military equipment from Nazi Germany (with Nazi imagery stripped away though), including Tigers, Panthers, Panzer IVs, Panzer IIIs, Stug IIIs, Hetzers, Jagdpanthers, Jagdtigers, Elefants, Tiger (P), Tiger II, etc. Now there are a lot of different tanks from other countries as well mostly corresponding to what "nationality" each school reflects, and the protagonist school has a cosmopolitan assortment. I don't really think this is a problem.
2)Uniforms- The different schools have uniforms which are inspired by the various countries they are from. Some of the uniforms approach the uniforms worn by tankers or other groups from their countries. See below.
3)National stereotypes- (using analogues for simplicity's sake, all of the schools have their own names) The Italian school is filled with passionate girls who love food, the Finns steal equipment from other schools, the Germans are ordered and hierarchical, the Americans have the big money and carefree attitude, the British wants to be elegant, the Russians talk about "sending people to Siberia" and "general winter", the Japanese are bound by the tradition to charge into everything recklessly. Nothing really problematic IMO, it's all lighthearted and none is too scathing.
4)Name drops- Guderian, Rommel, Carius and Whittmann are all mentioned during the course of the show, but only in a purely military capacity. Granted, there is one girl in the Oarai history club that takes the name "Erwin" in honor of Erwin Rommel, but that's due to her passion for military history (her best friends in the history club also take historical names, I don't think one taking "Caesar" is a political statement. Also, the British ones are literally all named after various kinds of tea- "Darjeeling", "Rosehip", "Orange Pekoe".
5)Fanserivce and fanart- a handful of scenes from the show are fanservice-y, which is my least favorite part about the show. I won't be touching that, nor the problematic fanart. But problematic fanart exists for everything.
6)Iron Cross- the German school uses the Iron Cross as part of its logo. I don't think that's problematic- maybe I'm wrong.
Gallery:
1653668511029.png

Kuromorimine's (German school) logo

1653668607642.png

Kuromorimine's non-Tankery uniform

1653668776611.png

Kuromorimine's Tankery Uniform

1653668854042.png

Kuromorimine's Tanks

With all of this said, I think this shows that there really isn't any concern about nazi imagery at all. I do promise to not use any problematic outside material which would violate form rules. I wasn't planning on focusing on Kuromorimine anyway, it would be a more general treatment of the show. Let me know if you have any concerns.

Attachments

• 1653668597611.png
    1653668597611.png
    572,9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: