• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats @Macavity116! Definitely in order. Also...

Since then, I've visited Georgia and come face-to-face with that Kudzu you were talking about. Terrifying how quickly it overruns the land like that.
What...you don't tell me you were here? Depending on where you went, we could have had some milk and cookies. And yes...kudzu gets everywhere. We use goats to get rid of it, but really they just eat it down.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Also, wondering if this experimental AAR is going to hop sub-forums?
Oh, holy Jericho, the logistics alone would be a nightmare. The Broken Gates will, for everyone's sanity, be contained to CKIII AARland. I'm not even sure how that would work, the same AAR existing simultaneously in two different sub-forums.

I think that's part of the reason why a CKIII/Stellaris crossover has been so "unthinkable" in the past.

Congratulations @Macavity116!
Many thanks!

Seeing as this is a thread for Best Character Writer, would you like to pop over to the SolAARium and post your thoughts on character building? I posted a questionnaire here. @coz1, @HistoryDude, @Rensslaer and @jak7139 have already provided some great answers. I'd be curious what you'd have to say, if you're so inclined.
Thanks for the invitation! I've been quietly lurking on that thread ever since @Rensslaer re-started it back in January. Guess I've finally got good reason to join in.

What...you don't tell me you were here? Depending on where you went, we could have had some milk and cookies. And yes...kudzu gets everywhere. We use goats to get rid of it, but really they just eat it down.
I was in Savannah back in November. We were supporting my little sister through a career change. Instead of bartending at the best restaurants in Savannah, she's found work in the local wine industry. As the only non-drinker in the family, I had to fulfil the "Designated Driver" role. ;)

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Oh, holy Jericho, the logistics alone would be a nightmare. The Broken Gates will, for everyone's sanity, be contained to CKIII AARland. I'm not even sure how that would work, the same AAR existing simultaneously in two different sub-forums.

I think that's part of the reason why a CKIII/Stellaris crossover has been so "unthinkable" in the past.
Well, technically, you have bridged it from the Song of the Solitaire thread in Stellaris to CK3 now, with a cameo/preview of some action in the bAAR.

The next time you decide to do another Fourth Wall-breaking project let me know. I might have some ideas on how you could jump sub-forums. But that's getting too far ahead of ourselves. We've got to see what you've got cooked up for us with this new one first.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Congratulations @Macavity116 ! Again! Of course I'm a big fan of Cali D'Kara myself.

Thanks for reading Year of Hell, by the way. Since then, I've visited Georgia and come face-to-face with that Kudzu you were talking about. Terrifying how quickly it overruns the land like that.

I don't know if you'd have had time to meet, but it would have been cool to get together when you were down this way. @coz1 is in Atlanta and I'm in Savannah.

Strangely I don't see the degree of kudzu infestation in Savannah as I see in the articles and videos of it. Where were you that you saw it? We have alot of vines all through the forests here, but they grow up the trees and don'l look the same as what's described, and most certainly don't block travel through an area.

Rensslaer

• 2Like
Reactions:
Where were you that you saw it? We have alot of vines all through the forests here, but they grow up the trees and don'l look the same as what's described, and most certainly don't block travel through an area.
I got to see the "Vine that ate the south" while travelling through South Carolina toward Georgia. Depending on weather conditions, there are two routes to reach Savannah from Mid-Michigan, and both of them invlolve driving through just about the entire Palmetto State from north to south.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I got to see the "Vine that ate the south" while travelling through South Carolina toward Georgia. Depending on weather conditions, there are two routes to reach Savannah from Mid-Michigan, and both of them invlolve driving through just about the entire Palmetto State from north to south.
That's got to be a hike. When I lived in Chicago, I would drive switching from Lexington to Louisville in Kentucky and it was about 13 hours from Atlanta to Chicago. I think Atlanta to Savannah is maybe 5 to 6 hours? Been a minute since I drove down there or Jekyll Island. Hope you brought snacks. ;)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Belated congratulations to @Superstorm and a double congratulations to @Macavity116 for both a deserved win of this award and for breaking free of the incest pits and trying something new in CK3. Truly an inspiration to those still trapped in the pits that escape is possible. Brings a tear to my eye... no, wait, that's the vapour from the pits melting my eye lids. Still, congratulations indeed.

(and well within @El Pip's allowances.) I give to you:
Like an early 20th century central banker I try to maintain certain standards. Sadly my efforts have proved about as successful as their efforts with the Gold Standard, but I feel it is important to keep making the effort.

• 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
double congratulations to @Macavity116 for both a deserved win of this award and for breaking free of the incest pits and trying something new in CK3.
Many thanks for both sets of props, @El Pip, but I feel like I'm going to break your heart on Monday when the Prologue to Last Days of the Emerald Isle goes live... and the Stellaris/CK3 crossover gets well and truly underway. ;)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Many thanks for both sets of props, @El Pip, but I feel like I'm going to break your heart on Monday when the Prologue to Last Days of the Emerald Isle goes live... and the Stellaris/CK3 crossover gets well and truly underway. ;)
Sigh.

uwwgm.jpg

• 4Haha
  • 2Love
Reactions:
If it’s any consolation, I’ve avoided incest in Wings of Faith. The closest I’ve got is having a character sleep with his son’s wife, which I think is a good step!

And a well deserved win for you @Macavity116 - I intend to read the rest while drinking my coffee this morning!

• 4Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
I know I'm a bit late to the party, but congratulations @Macavity116! :D

• 4Like
Reactions:
And a well deserved win for you @Macavity116 - I intend to read the rest while drinking my coffee this morning!
Thanks! Enjoys as much or as little of my new stories as you please.

Congrats @Macavity116 - the Metacavity strikes again!
There's a fun callback to February 2019. Thanks! :)

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but congratulations @Macavity116! :D
Nonsense, you're just in time because...

It's been six days since I received this awAARd, which means by my own personal rules, it's time for a handoff.

Now, I'm sure @El Pip is going to flip a coffee table when it becomes known that today's nominee is a repeat Stellaris writer. ;) But I will point out that this writer is being nominated for a character in their most recent work... a Vicky 3 AAR.

I would like to nominate @Nikolai for King Aurelian Galantinus, the initial ruler depicted in Dreams of Elysium.

• 5Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Congratulations @Nikolai !

I'm glad you're making the AAR work despite troubles caused by V3 and the mod. Much better to honor King Aurelian than his son, who appears to be up to no good.

Rensslaer

• 4Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 3Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Congratulations to my good friend, @Nikolai, and also belated congratulations to @Macavity116! They're two of my favorite authAARs as well as very supportive readAARs. Very well deserved in both cases.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Now, I'm sure @El Pip is going to flip a coffee table when it becomes known that today's nominee is a repeat Stellaris writer. ;) But I will point out that this writer is being nominated for a character in their most recent work... a Vicky 3 AAR.
I'm disappointed how little you know me. A coffee table indeed, like I'd allow anything bean juice related into the house.

The other minor point is that is has never been Stellaris I've objected to, just awards rotating around the same sub-forum. So an award going from Stellaris to Vic 3 will leave the furniture un-flipped.

Congratulations indeed @Nikolai for a well deserved win, the tale of King Auerlian in the land of the mutant two-headed, five legged horse is well worth a read.

• 5Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Congrats, @Nikolai. Well deserved honour for King Aurelian. BTW, here's another batch of funny tasting wine for Pavlos...

• 2Like
Reactions: