• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This split function is going to be awesome. Playing heavy colonial nations like Britain or France was sometimes a pain in the *** because of this unnecessary stupid micromanagement regarding your fleets and troops. Thank you very much for that new feature!

Quite a lot of stuff in this patch. Nice :D

Sounds excellent!

One observation, what If a +speed general is in your "attached" army? Will he wait for the other and reach the same day or will he just move like normal?

Looks very nice indeed!

One small additional request: splitting for transport is great, but could the "weight" of land armies be added to the view somewhere (tooltip when hovering over the "load to transport" button, maybe?)? It would be really nice to know whether your army will fit in the waiting fleet before reaching the port...

Its just the number of units (or, if you prefer, the number of troops, divided by 3,000), isn't it? 30,000 troops fit on 10 transports.

Though, now that I think of it, I've yet to try to load tanks or planes on anything, they don't weigh more, do they?

Also, Paradox is awesome for a)being so quick on this and b) giving us a dev diary for it. DD's are almost as good as the games themselves, in my humble opinion.

Honestly after playing my first 10 game years in AHD, I don't know how anyone could still be playing Vanilla

or any other Paradox game :p

sorry EU, CK and HOI fellas

I'd like to request being able to demand singular provinces in wartime goals, and being able to build more than 8 factories per state. These two things drive me nuts. Industrial development was never uniform across a country, so having a limit of 8 factories is highly unrealistic. Just make the limit the number of industrial goods possible to manufacture. And as for being able to split states, I want nice borders! :D

But really, I'm serious.

This is exactly why I buy nearly every Paradox game I can get my grubby paws on :D

Was the bug where your factories cant sell their goods, even if trade screen shows greater demand than supply for their products, fixed ?
As far as I can tell that's not a bug, but perhaps an unintuitive UI feature. Demand seems to include those who want to buy the product but cannot afford it; the real demand at the current price is better represented by the Actual Bought number.

New modding format
This is a new format we have been working with in parallel with CK2. It should now work much much better than the old system and you should no longer feel the need to copy over the game and can keep settings and map caches separate without having to copy the game to multiple folders for each mod. It will require modders to change their main description file, but its pretty easy to do. An added advantage is that the system now supports loading multiple mods at the same time (selectable from launcher).

Here is the format description (in a spoiler tag, so people who aren't interested in the details can skip it):
Mods are put in the "mod" folder where you installed your game. Each mod needs a description file named "<modname>.mod" and some files.

Format example for mod/coolmod.mod:
Code:
name = "My Cool Test Mod" # name of your mod, shown in launcher
path = "mod/coolmod" # location of your mod files 
archive = "mod/coolmod.zip" # you can also put your mod directly in a zip file for easier distribution (you need this or path specfied)
replace_path = "technologies"  # optional. if you want to repalce a path instead of just extend the files already in the base game (liek if you want to have completely new technologies)
user_dir = "coolmod" # optional. creates a sub directory where settings/map cache/savegames etc can be safely written for your mod and not get mixed up 
dependencies = { "someothermod" } # if you depend on another mod or dlc you can specify that here and it will get loaded first if the order is important

How moddable are technologies in AHD? Can prerequisites be done if so wanted (as was in Victoria 1)?

How moddable are technologies in AHD? Can prerequisites be done if so wanted (as was in Victoria 1)?
Isn't this already possible?

Anyway, this is good news. I'm glad all the micromanagement has been addressed, and its nice to see the developers add stuff inspired by us modders.