• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

McSionnaigh

Sergeant
1 Badges
May 28, 2008
  • For The Glory
New map for AGCEEP (Validated with 1.59b4)
Latest playable version (ver 1.97):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ena12617axx1j0a/new_map_var0.97.zip

• Map changed partially
    • Removed PTI:
      • Mongolia
      • Kazakh Steppe
      • Dzungaria and Tarim Basin (Xinjiang)
      • Tibet
      • Northern India (Pamir, Nepal, Assam and Manipur)
      • Siberia and part of European Russia
    • Provincial reconstruction:
      • China
      • Part of European Russia
      • Central Asia
      • Persia (Tabaristan)
      • Kurdistan
      • Greater Armenia
      • Japan
      • Korea
  • The Mongols is put on the Mongolia exactly.
  • Ottoman Empire has the capital Edirne(new province named Thrace) apart from Constantinople.
  • New AI event 301137 to Ottoman declair war against Mamluks.
  • New event 219013 "The Ottoman invasion" to support Ottoman Empire conquer Mamluks.
  • Persian dynasties alternations become historicaly to some degree.
    • If select action_a "Let the Clans fight" on "Political Turmoil" event, certain provinces will be lost by the independence of Afghanistan and cedeprovince.
  • Timurid with human player easier to become Mughal by the events. AI Timurid easier to be ruined.
  • Mughal reinforced by more provinces on the Northern India and events to gain COT.
  • If Kabul is smaller than 20 provinces event 254027 "Timurid-Persian Alliance" will make Mughal vassalized by Safavid.
  • Russia going to colonize all of Siberia
    • Added some core provinces to Russia
    • Russian AI overhauled to be good colonizer.
    • Novgorod has larger territory.
    • Golden Horde has some colonies and trading posts from the first.
    • Sibir AI does colonize.
    • Events of Buryats revamped
    • Treaty of Nerchinsk becomes to occur in 1689
  • Qing China (Manchus) becomes going to conquer her historical extent.
    • Event 3700 "The Eastern Mongols Assimilated" cedes certain provinces of Mongols to Manchus.
    • Treaty of Nerchinsk gives some core provinces at Mongolia to China.
    • Event 147131 & 147136 "Peace returns to China" gives some core provinces at Mongolia, Xinjiang and Tibet.
  • Japan, Korea, Ottoman Empire, Mamluks, Ak Koyunlu, Kara Koyunlu, Moldavia, Chagatai Khanate, Ha Mi and Tibet have more provinces.
  • China, Southern Ming, Korea, Japan, Dai Viet and An Nam don't marry other countries.
  • Korea, Dai Viet, An Nam, Moldavia. Wallachia, Transylvania and Ukraine have AI events force to become independent if they are annexed by other countries don't have the capital provinces as a core.
  • By addition in existing areas, all of involving countries got additional known provinces.
  • Territories of Uzbek and her break-aways along by the historical transition.
    • Uzbek and Kazakh cultures have more events to change province culture.
  • Timurid going to fall completely and easy to be conquered by Uzbeks finally.
  • Sweden and Norway are weaken to remove fortress on the colonies not to raid Novgorod.
    • Some provinces on the Finland aren't cities but colonies.
  • Norway has Greenland as trading posts (like vanilla).
  • Netherlands easier to independence from AI Spain.
  • AI Netherlands going to colonize Taiwan, and cede Taiwan to Southern Ming.
  • Punjab will appear as Kashmir. If Punjab gets certain province, religion of Punjab will be Sikh.
  • Some event triggers are fixed.
  • Effects of Some events are strengthened.
  • Changed graphics of Oceanian natives.

About the map
  • Priority: high
    • Rest of Ottoman territory
  • Priority: middle
    • Southeast Asia
    • South India
  • Priority: low
    • Pacific Islands
    • Americas
    • Africa
    • Rest of Europe
  • Province addition of some countries on the brand-new areas
Countries to be added
  • Priority: high (listed on the plan of agceep)
    • Oirat
    • Uighuristan
  • Priority: middle (not reffered in the website but appeared at other MODs)
    • Nepal
    • Assam
    • Perm
    • Ryukyu
    • Circassia
  • Priority: low (not appeared at any MODs; we need to prepare flags and shields for them)
    • Manipur
    • Turfan Khanate (substitubed by Ha Mi?)
    • Kokand Khanate (substituted by Ferghana?)
    • Afsharid and Qajar Dynasties (might be integrated with Safavid and to be renamed to "Persia"?)
    • Zand dynasty (substituted by Fars?)
Events to be added
  • About Inner Asia
    • Yongle Emperor's third Expedition against the Mongolia(1422)
    • The first Mongolian unification by Oirats sequence
      • Oirats set over Toghtoa Bukha as The Great Khan(1433)
      • Mongolian unification by Oirats(1434)
      • Conflict between Esen and Toghtoa Bukha to determine the heir(1452)
      • Mongols split again(1454)
    • Chagatai Khanate splitting away(1462)
    • Reunification of Mongol by Dayan Khan(1510)
    • Tumed Mongols invade Qinghai area(1542-1566) - Ceding provinces to the Mongols and changing culture to "mongol" on the Qinghai area.
    • Altan Khan's troops besieged Beijing(1550)
    • Establishment of Dzungar Khanate by the Oirats(1634)
    • Unification of Tibet by Khoshut under Güshi Khan(1634-1642)
    • Dzungar conquest of Altishahr(Tarim Basin) (1678-1680)
    • Beginning of the Dzungar-Qing War(1687)
    • Dzungarian invasion of Tibet by the troops led by Tseren Dondup (1717-1720)
    • Qing Chinese takes over Tibet(1720)
    • End of the Dzungar Empire sequence
      • Death of Gardan Tseren(1745) - collapse of the Dzungar Khanate
      • Surrender of Amursana(1754)
      • Dzungaria subjugation under the Qing Chinese force(1755)
      • Anursana's rebellion and Dzungar genocide(1755-1758)
  • About Nepal
    • Nepal unified by Kingdom of Gorkha (Shah Dynasty) (1768)
    • Nepali invasion of neighbouring countries of Northern India(1768-1813)
    • Nepali invasion of Tibet(Sino-Nepalese war)(1788-1789)
    • Anglo-Nepalese war(1814-1816)

Last edited:
Reactions:
Thank, McSionnaigh. :)

Is it just EU2 or FTG also? What is fixed? Lots of names?

To make "historical" MOD, "geographical" map should be developed.

up2552.jpg

1316457576.JPG

I'm in more modification of map. In this map, existing provinces will be remained to make scenario modification easy. Provinces in wrong position will be corrected.
New added provinces will be distributed mainly over former PTIs of inner Eurasia.
I want to add new countries such as Oirat, Ryukyu, Uighuristan (Yarkand khanate) and Perm(Principality of Great Perm).

Would you consider something similar for yours?
I don't know how to vanish mist on PTIs and large lakes. Though vanilla map's Caspian sea not covered with mist, after my modification, mist looks like terra incognita's one appeared.

Is it just EU2 or FTG also? What is fixed? Lots of names?
Theoretically it can be played on FTG. However I don't have FTG, hence it hasn't validated on FTG.
In this map, some pair of place names had been reversed are switched. In the case of Dominica and Guadeloupe, also province IDs are switched. In the complete wrong place names (like Nerchinsk and Xinjiang), they are named new proper names.

Theoretically it can be played on FTG. However I don't have FTG, hence it hasn't validated on FTG....

Then why do you waste our time reading your post?
This is the FtG forum. If you have tested your map only for EU2 and never tested it for FtG and never can test if for FtG because you don´t have it, it´s largely irrelevant here. Unless someone else who has FtG AND the skills to test and evaluate your map can confirm that it actually works with AGCEEP... Or get FtG and then test your map if it works for it ;-)
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-FTG/for-the-glory-a-europa-universalis-game

Last edited:
Then why do you waste our time reading your post?

Because FTG and the EU2 versions are not developed completely independently. The interrelation of the two versions is justification enough to share vital information such as the possibility of a working new map. Even if he can't test the map it increases the chance of finding others who are interested in and capable of testing and integrating the map properly. And let's not forget that you'd hardly want a decision for or against a new map beeing made only on the EU2 forum without FTG players beeing properly informed.

Because FTG and the EU2 versions are not developed completely independently. The interrelation of the two versions is justification enough to share vital information such as the possibility of a working new map. Even if he can't test the map it increases the chance of finding others who are interested in and capable of testing and integrating the map properly. And let's not forget that you'd hardly want a decision for or against a new map beeing made only on the EU2 forum without FTG players beeing properly informed.

In that case a simple link would have been sufficient to keep us informed:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...tion-of-vanilla-map!-Mongolia-is-now-available.

Sure a link would have sufficed in theory (though it does not nearly attract as much attention as an immage) but no need to jump at him for trying to help us along.

I got my FTG, tried my map files(only map folder) and it works normally on FTG.
Although, It needs setting files in FTG format to revise province names and to remove sprites of pti corridors.
I will prepare them shortly.

I got my FTG, ...

Great! Don´t forget to register it ;-)

tried my map files(only map folder) and it works normally on FTG.
Although, It needs setting files in FTG format to revise province names and to remove sprites of pti corridors.
I will prepare them shortly.

Thankyou for that :)

To make "historical" MOD, "geographical" map should be developed.

up2552.jpg

1316457576.JPG

I'm in more modification of map. In this map, existing provinces will be remained to make scenario modification easy. Provinces in wrong position will be corrected.
New added provinces will be distributed mainly over former PTIs of inner Eurasia.
I want to add new countries such as Oirat, Ryukyu, Uighuristan (Yarkand khanate) and Perm(Principality of Great Perm).

Nice. What's up with the split of Hokkaido and Sakhalin though? Sort of some modern scenario, is there really a need to split those up?

Hello there.
I made new map for AGCEEP(Validated with 1.57 on EU2)

Proto type can be downloaded here

This map has following changes:
-Two corridors of PTI scratched out.
-Kyushu is now island.
-Some misspelling on the map fixed.
-Added diacritic on some provinces.
-Ageographical names of provinces in Russia and Georgia changed.
-Ahistorical names of cities in Manchuria, Korea and Taiwan changed.

Please adopt this. It's map for you(so called YourMap).

Tried out the changes contained in that archive and I'd say I'm a fan. Nothing in there that isn't but a boon to the AGCEEP.

That's a good way to go. some province change step by step in order to adequate the game to it without having to rebalance all at the same time if a totally new map is used.

That's a good way to go. some province change step by step in order to adequate the game to it without having to rebalance all at the same time if a totally new map is used.

next Italy ...........go Bordic go

Revised map files for AGCEEP1.59 beta 3 are ready.

http://www.mediafire.com/?uca19cb12pl5a4r

Any provinces on this map are not added yet.
My following modification will be addition of new provinces.

Nice. What's up with the split of Hokkaido and Sakhalin though? Sort of some modern scenario, is there really a need to split those up?

In 15th c., Ainu, native people of Hokkaido, southern Sakhalin and Kuril islands had not been under good control of Japanese government. Their area was called Ezochi(蝦夷地).
In contrast, Japanese influence reached to only southern most of Hokkaido as Wajinchi(和人地).
Northern Sakhalin and Amur basin had been under influence of Chinese dynasties. Even in southern Sakhalin, they found ruins of Chinese type fortalices built by Yuan dynasty.

Geographical information of these area had not clear until 17th c when northan expedition by Tokugawa shogunate and Matsumae domain started. First map which mentioned to Kurile islands, published in 1644.

http://hoppou-gifu.jp/history/index.html

Japanese colony in southern Sakhalin was established in 1679.
According as advancement of Russia, colonial conflict between Japan and Russia occurred. For example, Russian attacked Kushunkotan, Japanese colonial settlement at now Korsakov, in 1806.

http://ci.nii.ac.jp/naid/110000189230

I think that to split these provinces is needed for the expression of territorial competition in those years between China, Russia and Japan.

Last edited:
Which new provinces?

Which new provinces?

Unless i am wrong, but McSionnaigh seems to be able to make provinces from the existing vanilla map, ..........i think he can split provinces

Revised map files for AGCEEP1.59 beta 3 are ready.
Geographical information of these area had not clear until 17th c when northan expedition by Tokugawa shogunate and Matsumae domain started. First map which mentioned to Kurile islands, published in 1644.

http://hoppou-gifu.jp/history/index.html

Everyhing under that link is in asian letters unreadable to me.

According as advancement of Russia, colonial conflict between Japan and Russia occurred. For example, Russian attacked Kushunkotan, Japanese colonial settlement at now Korsakov, in 1806.

http://ci.nii.ac.jp/naid/110000189230

I think that to split these provinces is needed for the expression of territorial competition in those years between China, Russia and Japan.

When I click that link I only see:
"The Occupation of Southern Saghalin by the Russians in 1853-54 [in Japanese]"
and that would be too long behind the normal 1820 end of the game to have any need to be represented.

IMO Sakhalin should simply be a one-province island and start unowned to become a trading post or colony during the games timeframe.

Last edited: