• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have recieved about four PMs so far. Keep 'em coming.

King of Men said:
It seems that Lurken is now GM by acclamation, since nobody has voted for any other candidate.

Actually, I voted for you, but I think there's still 2 votes to one for Lurken, and I'm not overly bothered. As long as the GM is a) not nutballs, and b) not me, I'll manage.

As far as the crusade rules the X in Y years rule looks like it would be a disaster to me. Speaking as someone who's picked a place next to some of the bigger heathens in the game, I'd like to defend myself.

EDIT: Is the Byzantine succession thingie being changed?

fasquardon

Last edited:
EDIT: Is the Byzantine succession thingie being changed?
If anyone ends up playing anything in Byzantium, then, yes.

Well the game is out tomorrow and looking at Johan's summary PDF there's going to be some major changes. Lots will have an effect on our game and its rules - but the religious wars (no more auto-annexing) and additional peace options (force-vassalisation) sound particularly significant. There's also a new Emperor status (sounds like HRE rather than Byzantine at glance, but still) which might need looking at.

What do people think of what they've seen so far? (to me it all looks good!)

Have fun
Finn

im playing something in byzantium to protect you all from the godlike seljuks.

Blayne, DV will be quite a different game, if we can believe the PDF that Johan has posted.
I'm afraid there will be no need to protect Byzantium, so in your place I'd rather define your position as filling up places where there are too little players. :)

Crimson and hyme, don't you have other preferences?
Because you both claim Bohemia, Normandy is out (inherits England) and Flanders has been claimed by Ego quite a time ago.

I'm sorry but considering how deadly itis to play the game as anything other then a russian prince or a Byzantine prince I am going to have to insist on Byzantium.

deadly? :confused:

Well it's impossible to say until DV comes out for sure, but my reading is that that isn't going to be the case any more. Just the attrition increase for wandering over neutral lands may be enough early in the game. Old claims dropping away is another, as is force vassalisation which might keep some people alive if they're willing to not aim for 'world conquest or death' as a game strategy.

I have to say, but personally I'm not so sure you need a Byzantine player to knock back the Turks. In my last game against the AI Byzantium was still a major power and the Turks had run out of steam even before I launched my own unofficial crusade to knock them out altogether. I'm sure with a bit of RP a team of humans could easily take on the Turks with no problems and would be a more fun (and realistic) way of dealing with the problem. I'm happy to go with the GMs decision on the matter one way or the other, but that's my opinion on the matter for what it's worth (which probably isn't much as I have 0 multiplayer experience).

Have fun
Finn

Ok, so shall we plan on first session next Saturday, the 13th?

As for 'deadly', I suspect Blayne means 'deadly boring', which is his problem and none of ours. Dude, Blayne, if you'd prefer to just join us as China when we convert, be our guest.

With these new religious warfare rules, we may not need a Crusade limitation at all; it seems you will get badboy for annexing pagans now.

Lurken pls clear your pm messages it's full and bohiem plx or wherever u need me at would be fine, i dont really care who i play as. i just hope i have fun.

Last edited:
Yeah, Lurken's PM box is full. I'll take Toscana(that is the right name), I"ll send a PM ASAP.

Blayne, Byzantium is not an option. Either play on the same level as the rest of us or don't play with us at all.

Edited since this was all ujust a misuderndtsandih gfdfl,fg. bah cnt spell today.

Last edited:
Blayne, quit acting like a child and start acting civilized. Other people posted before me saying just about the same thing (KoM, Bin). I'm not going to address anything else you've said because I don't believe you're capable of having a calm discussion. Regardless, this Byzantine issue is for Lurken to decide, I was simply re-iterating the previous consensus agreement.

EDIT: Well, my post was in regards to you playing as Byzantine Emperor, as I thought that's what you were demanding. I'm fine with you playing as a Byzantine Duke (though I'd prefer Byzantium to be changed to something besides elective law). While Byzantium without elective law might be strange, I think it's too easy to become a vassal of them and then just inherit their empire (being that it's AI and all they don't exactly ensure dynastic succession under elective law). Your response remains immature and out of hand all the same.

Last edited: