• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ah, Cyreidel, welcome! But alas, I've already spoken for Norway. It seems to be a popular nation. How about Denmark or Sweden instead, to give a bit more competition in the Baltic? I'm not sure why they didn't make it onto Ego's map as second-tier nations, they seem good candidates to me. But perhaps he'll give his reasoning.

I believe the reason was to spread players out, so that others who happen to be in least populated areas have more trouble getting big. ;)

King of Men said:
Ah, Cyreidel, welcome! But alas, I've already spoken for Norway. It seems to be a popular nation. How about Denmark or Sweden instead, to give a bit more competition in the Baltic? I'm not sure why they didn't make it onto Ego's map as second-tier nations, they seem good candidates to me. But perhaps he'll give his reasoning.

I called Denmark! :cool:

I have to admit, I'm confused as well as to who's who - any chance of a recap of players and chosen nations? I'd like to stay as Bavaria, but am willing to swap to Toulouse if it makes things easier.

Have fun
Finn

The reason the 4-per-40 rule is hard to keep track of is that no session goes for forty years, so you have to note down conquests over multiple saves, for 10 or 11 positions. Let's be clear: If this rule is adopted, someone other than myself is doing the tracking. Preferably the guy who proposed it.

I was thinking of that... Since you guys seem to be lazy arses! :D

I dont mind keeping track of whom breaks the rule or not, blah blah. But if someone breaks it, i hope the GM, whoever might it be, will give some fiting punished to the bugger that decided to break the rule. Probably something like excomunication, and, obviously, the amount of provinces he should not have taken, back to the AI.

I believe its far better to adopt something like this then the other rules that were proposed. Yes, taking provinces from the seljuks and then trying to peace them will be mostly impossible. But you can always wait for the "peace event", which seems to happen frequently. About corrupting the save - is this true? Cant you simply edit the save like any EU2 or any other Paradox game without problems?

About the Dannish thingy. People seriously need breathing space in this game. People need to be more spread out in order to take more territory before getting a border with a human player. The Map is big, and if we dont do it, some nations will become a lot bigger then others. Imagine if everyone started in France and someone started in Russia. The Russian dude would obviously get a lot bigger. But i also kindly remember everyone - again - that this is not only a game taking place in CK. And we need a good roster with some balance like that. In EU2 if we have a Denmark, a Norway and a Saxony, things will get messy. Specially for Denmark. In Victoria, if you barely own parts in Europe (as Denmark will in such a case), then, you are as good as dead, because if you are an european nation and do not posess european pops you cannot industrialize. If you cannot industrialize then, you get barely any ICs in hoi, and you cannot get any division to fight with.

Scandinavia is already very poor POP/MP wise. Its the poorest part of Europe in these aspects. 2 nations in scandinavia seem a NoNo to me.

Also, i forgot to reply sooner about North Africa - KoM, in EU there is a strait between Gilbraltar-North Africa. Besides, i believe if someone conquers a lot of north africa, he will get "Arabic" as country culture in EU, thanks to your converter (like Lurken's Spain did in MTT). Strait + Arabic country culture = shit-ass of manpower. Plus national POPs and states where you can build factories. I remember the Spain i had in MTT had godly pops in North africa which could be put into manufactories. It is very poor in CK, but ungodly in EU and a very good adition to anyone in Victoria (as far as that someone got Arabic culture). I played Spain on EU last row and i know what i am speaking of. More then half my manpower and ship suply limit came from there.

I have never had problems with corrupted saves in CK due to editing.

I believe Novgorod is free, yes.

Osterreich must be free as far as I know, but the more free are duchies in France and Hungary and England, the last two being completely void of human players ;).
Also, AFAIK, no one has claimed Georgia either.

In any case, BurningEGO puts it quite clear why people should avoid dead-ends like Scandinavia and instead go to populate the scarcely populated areas. ;)

If I recall correctly, Ego expressed a desire for Scotland. But wow, we seriously need a recap of who's who. Can everybody who has picked a nation please post their pick? As we all know, I

Vote Norway.

I will try to dreg out a recap of nations picked, as GM.

My XO shall be KoM, I trust that he shall constantly ensure that I do what isn't bad, and that he can be a acting-GM since he has trust and kudos from many players.

Heathen-bashing, bad. For now I am leaning to the version of bin. No dowing exept versus target or where you got claims. But for the baltic area, I cannot invent or find a good solution. But, this is only what I think now is the best. My final word shall be delivered after the release and some play-throughs of DV.

Again, I suggest that, so that you will have time to play a bit of DV, you order that there be no DOWs of pagans or Moslems until the first Crusade is declared. That gives us a breathing space.

But for the baltic area, I cannot invent or find a good solution.
More players to share the pie ;)

I initially chose Leon, but BurningEGO pointed out it's too easy to become big with it (inheriting both Jimenez brothers), so I will need to repick once we have a roster of who's who. I feel like filling in some empty spot for the sake of balance.

Duchies in Russia (in descending order of power):
Pereyaslavl (I think this was out because being too big)
Kiev
Novgorod
Pronsk
Polotsk

Kiev and Novgorod should be seriously recosidered if they are up for human players as they unite very early (the prince of Kiev is 54 years old and the one of Novgorod is his son). I'd say either both Kiev and Novgorod should be human (so that they change inheritance laws to avoid it) or neither.

Code:
Sid		Byzantine or Russian Duke
Duke Bryan H	Duchy of Lancaster or Saxon Lord
KoM		Norway
Sabaron		French Duke
Binnesman	German Duke

Lurken		Croatia
Carillion	Lorraine
Cuthuhulu	Duchy of Cumberland

LordRobbie	NA
EGO		Flanders
fasquardon	Alexios Komnenos/Russian Duke/Count (Rostov Chernigov)
Sterkarm	Kiev
Anders 		NA
bin		waits
Stahlgewitter	Apulia/Toulouse
FinnN		Bavaria/Toulouse
scorpi40000	Georgia/Novgorod 
Cyreidel 	Osterreich/English Duchy/French Duchy

Though a good lot of these as not posted in a while. Especially further up the list, such as LordRobbie and Cuthuhulu and Carillion.

And, Kiev is already spoken for by Sterk.

Last edited: