• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Bezprym was a great king indeed. Poland is a great power now and I wonder if it will go its historical path... Or maybe peak of Polish might still wasn't reached...

Bezprym was indeed great. I sense that now that external threats are over, Poland should be more carefull whit his own peolpe, i don't think the inquisition will make the polish people happy. Hope that Poland can keep its powerful status for some more time.

EvilSanta - Don`t worry, I have a vile plan :D

RGB - Yeah, he conquered a lot

canonized
- Indeed, but would his son manage so well?

JimboIX - It`s not yet such superpower, but if you count gold income, I am second right after france :eek:

Jan Skrzetuski
- We will see

Judas Maccabeus
- Good point ;)

NeoT - Yes, despotic laws, secret police and inquisition aren`t nice things :D

European report soon. Bezprym II was 'Great' but also kinda boring in my opinion, so hopefully next updates would be more interesting. I`m also happy to announce that I just upgraded my MTW2 with unofficial patch 1.2. Now movies would be by far,far,far better. Now I can finally dive with camera below 5 meters above ground, to show each individual soldier from close. :D
So stay tuned for real action battle movies!

And if you didn`t vote for AARland choice awards yet, please do so - 2 days left:)

canonizedthrashingmad.png

I've just been canonized!! Our friend, and author of guest narrative chapter - canonized - writer of great narrative AAR Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World? just interviewed me! You can read interview HERE.

Last edited:
Nice interview.

Congratulations.

Bezprym was a great king indeed. Poland is a great power now and I wonder if it will go its historical path... Or maybe peak of Polish might still wasn't reached...

If he was so great, why isn't there a street in Bydgoszcz named after him? there's Marszal Focha, there's Jagiellonska, there's even Jan Pawla...but no street named after Bezprym the "Great" :p

Once again, thrashing, excellent work with the AAR! If I am ever able to get EU 3, Poland will be the first country I play just like in EU1 and EU2...

I'm so glad that my old college roomate was a beta tester for the first EU...if he had not been, I'd have never even heard of this game most likely!

Delex - :)

RGB - Cheers mate =)

stephanbathory - Thanks man, yes - for me Poland was obvious choice for first AAR :) .

Just made small demo in literally 5 minutes, with new camera shots available thanks to leaked MTW2 patch 1.2. You can watch it HERE

Bezprym's glorious reign shall be long remembered, may there be many more like him! Long live Poland :D

Very nice couple of updates, especially enjoyed the bit about having to fight off the Pirates.

Jan Skrzetuski said:
These king pics present a series of paintings made by Jan Matejko in 19th century. He portraited all Polish kings and major dukes.

Well, they are very nicely done, and fit in beautifully :)

thrashing mad said:
Intosh - Formally nobody have Lithuanian crown, since Lithuania was defeated by mongols in 1340s. But I would emulate CK mechanisms, so I could claim crown once I conquer Lithuanian lands. Bohemian crown is also lost, Duke of Bohemia was king for one year. When I defeated him and vassalized he resigned of crown, after all king can`t be vassal of another king. So I could claim Bohemian crown, once I annex duchy of Bohemia.

I can make events that:
Once I have 90% of Lithuanian or Bohemian lands I can claim crown - gain cores on Lithuanian or Bohemian provinces - in exchange for gold. - similar to CK. What do you think?

I will say, if you own all Lithuanian (or Bohemian) provinces, you can make an event that you claim Lithuanian (or Bohemian) royal crown, and if you spend some gold, the costs of the coronation ceremony, you will have new kingdom title.

The consequences, I don't have EU3, so I don't know which benefits, you can have. A raise in prestige for example, or some victory points...

But, it can have an impact on your decentralization (-1 for each kingdom), a reduction of the revolt risk of these provinces, more manpower (because people will be fighting in their own army, you can called armies raised in these regions with local names), a better chance to transform these provinces into core provinces...

You can also have consequences on your foreign policy, some neighbouring countries can be upset and it can provoked a war...

It can add flavor to your game...

Bezpyrm II the great certainly earned his sobriquet. Very nice updates. Outstanding graphics as usual. Don't sell yourself short on your storytelling abilities. Yes you use things too accentuate the story, like great maps, pictures, and movies, but this is just the icing on an already well made cake.
I dont care how good your graphics are, if you were not telling an interesting and inspiring tale, it wouldn't matter. Also, great interview with canonized.

HISTORY OF THE WHITE EAGLE

szczerbiecuh1.jpg

Europe Anno Domini 1450

I. British Isles

Britain.gif

After French civil war of year 1403, all vassals of Capets on British Isles became independent. Biggest kingdom was renewed England, which managed to conquer smaller post-french vassals - counties of Lancaster and Cornwall, as well as southern part of Wales. In the north, Scots liberated all their lands, formerly controlled by Ireland. Norway still possessed their land in northeastern Highlands, and conquered county of Northumberland. Irish kings from house O`Connor lost their Scottish lands, but they managed to centralize their power over emerald island, by limiting power of their vassals.

II. Scandinavia and Baltic

Baltic.gif

Supreme power of Scandinavia was still Kingdom of Norway-Denmark, ruled by house of Knytling. Norwegians incorporated duchy of Denmark, and counties of Gotland and Holstein into their domain. Sweden was recently conquered and looted by Golden Horde. After Great Eastern War of year 1434, Swedes regained independence. With fall of tatar Empire, their former vassals also became independent. In south Danes created Duchy of Sklne, announcing claims to dannish crown. In north orthodox Principality of Finland annexed northern Swedish lands, while they fought with Golden Horde. Richest country of Baltic region was merchant republic of Novgorod - controlling most of northern trade. With fall of mongols, Teutonic Knights returned from Germany to recreate their state in Livonia. Other powers of the region were kingdom of Poland, Duchy of Kurland, and Mecklemburg.

III. Russia

Russia.gif

When Golden Horde were attacked by Timurid Empire, all of it`s vassals started rebellion. Western parts of Empire fell to Poles, northern to rebellious Russian princes of Novgorod, Tver and Muscovy. In south, catholic Zaporozhie, and Sunni Georgia managed to took land from Khans as well. Final blow came from east, with attacking Siberian Khanate. Golden Horde was still powerful but it had to face Russian invasions from North.

VI. Central Europe

CentralEurope.gif

After successful reign of Bezprym II the Great, Poland stood as dominant power of Central Europe. After disastrous expedition of Hungarians against Golden Horde, their powerful kingdom fell into anarchy. This situation was used by their former vassal - Austria, as well as Duchy of Styria, that expanded eastwards.

V. Holy Roman Empire and Italy

HolyRomanEmpireItaly.gif

When von Frankens lost direct power over Germany, and Imperial title became elective, Holy Roman Empire became divided mosaic of smaller and larger states. However, Frankens still possessing royal German title, started to conquer smaller neighbors. Another growing powers in the region were Archduchy of Austria, and kingdom of Burgundy. The latter also was greatest power in northern Italy.

VI. France

France.gif

After civil war, which resulted with loss of majority of vassals, dynasty of Capet begun to unite France by conquests. In 1450 almost all of French lands were in their hands, and kingdom was greatest power in whole Europe.

VI. Iberia and Maghreb

IberiaMaghreb.gif

Iberian peninsula was still divided. Dominant powers were Arab-Catholic Kingdom of Granada, and Basque Kingdom of Navarra. In northern Africa, once great catholic kingdom of Fez was loosing war with powerful Berber Emirate of Algiers.

VII. Greece and Asia Minor

GreeceAsiaminor.gif

Region once conquered by muslim Seljuks, was once again in Christian hands. Once powerful Emirate of Athenes was defeated by Republic of Venice. Rum Turks - descendants of Seljuks - were almost completely conquered by strong orthodox kingdom of Greece. Rich city of Constantinople was still in hands of Italians.

VIII. Middle East

Middleeast.gif

Crusaders, allied with Catholic kingdom of Mameluks, still held Holy Land, despite numerous wars with powerful Arabic Emirate of Haasa. Another growing power was Turkish Emirate of Ak-Koyunlu - which soon might become Sultanate. Persia was still divided by Persia proper, and Timurid Empire.

HISTORY OF THE WHITE EAGLE

szczerbiecuh1.jpg

Europe Anno Domini 1450

Richest, and most powerful countries in year 1450.

Top20.gif

Kingdom of Poland in year 1450.

Polska1450.gif

Chart.gif

Europe in year 1450.

Europa14502.gif

Duke of Wellington - Thanks there will be more of them soon :cool:

Capt Janszoon - Cheers, Yes Matejko was our best historical painter :)

Intosh - Thanks for great suggestions, I`ll try to write proper events :cool:

grayghost - Thanks man. That`s very mobilizing compliment of yours :D

WOW

Those last two updates are truly awesome, immaculate detail, stunning!!! wonderful :cool:

All those terrific maps with brief history and the pie chart, oooh, oooh weeeeeeeeeeee :rofl: Lovin it :D

I can't help but be amazed at the last two updates as well . Very high quality stuff you've got here . I feel like I'm reading an Atlas !

very impressive work. your maps and story continue being very impressive

Lovely updates, can't beat maps and stats!

I can find it very difficult to see the wider picture in many AARs so its hard to judge the context of the gameplay - no problems like that here.