• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Additionally to what Sakura_F said, a crown from the gutter is referred to when the rabble proposes someone to be their ruler. This happened in Prussia around 1848, when Jacobin Rebels suggested a united Germany with prussian King as Emperor. But agreeing to that would have made him merely emperor by the peoples grace and not by the grace of god, so he ultimately refused. Thus accepting a "crown from the gutter" often also brings a penalty in prestige.

Duleep Singh, the real world dude, didn't die until 1893 in paris. So Dalip in this game can't die until either 1893, you conquer paris.....or both. Better hurry :p

i love this AAR, it'll be fun seeing you beat up britain again. good luck
Thanks! It should be fun – they are, after all, still recovering from the previous war.

I like to think of those series of photographs as a heroic montage with appropriate soundtrack, leading to the climax of the showdown with the villain, Britain.
Heh, that’s a bit like I envisioned it too!

Dalip is dead ( drama sound ) what a turnout
Please have them Shoot the Elephant. I'd rather Dalip didn't die so soon.
Who says it was Dalip that was shot?
Me, it looks like it.
I'm inclined to agree, but it could be Gunkaar.
could have been Dalip, his beard was looking a bit ragged and ... well it all sort of fits together from there ... really :confused:
Patience, dear readers… All will be revealed in time. :)

Gunkaar isn´t even known in british world
That's true. On the other hand, the soldier could always have misaimed.

Anyway, it's almost certainly Dalip. And I loved the holiday montage. Clearly very little shooting was involved in that war.
I doubt a British soldier would know who Gunkaar is – on the other hand, he is sitting right next to Dalip and accuracy under pressure is not always high…
The campaign, with no British involvement, was like a walk in the park.

Smart Alek analysis time!

Okay, so if the soldier shot Dalip... Dalip would probably have died/been mortally wounded, the elephant would have been startled and trampling everything in its path, including the British.

If the soldier shot Gunkaar, similar result, only Gunkaar would have died/mortally wounded.

If the soldier shot the elephant, elephant dies, if it rears backwards before it dies, it'd land on Dalip and Gunkaar, crushing them both.

If the soldier missed everything, elephant goes on a rampage, murdering everything in the general vicinity.

So... Hope the soldier missed. ;-)
Well, if people want to go CSI on this ... :D

The only Brit in the bottom left square that has the gun barrel in the angle shown in the last square is the 2nd to the left ( the one in the top of those two that Selzro decided to cut out in half ). If he fired that gun in that angle, the only thing he can shoot is a very unlucky pigeon ;)

Anyway, with or without dead Dalip, I'm expecting a lot of elephant related Brit carnage :D
You are forgetting a variable. A soldier may have repositioned his rifle before the alst panel…

THE FALL OF DALIP! :eek: *raises his hands in the air combined with hobo attire*
Noooooo
No Dalip can't die...there are still peasants to hunt.
Suspense!

IS THE ELEPHANT OK?
So, the elephant, Dalip, or Gunkaar might be dead, but we cannot know for certain until we have observed the trajetory of the bullet. To, it has become Schrodinger's Elephant. Well played.
:)

Dont say no animals were harm in making this aar
No animals harmed? Just the thought off all the cavalry carnage that went into the last wars gives me shivers…

I am also worried about the elephant. When he is startled by the gunshot, Dalip may be knocked backwards or even fall off! This worries me.
Everyone is so worried about this elephant being startled- I don't get it, it's a war elephant, it doesn't startle. Gunshots just make it even more firm in its determination to destroy the enemies of Dalip
elephants scare very easily, i mean the romans used to set pigs on fire to scare them so im pretty sure a gunshot could scare one.
I suppose elephants can be trained to not startle easily – which may explain why ancient armies often went to great lengths to devise imaginative means of frightening them. But I don’t know for sure.

I somehow doubt that it took over several States already without a shot being fired.
Shots were fired. But none directly at Dalip’s elephant.

This AAR was easily the best one I have ever read. The only on that comes close is Avindians Descent into Maddness. I laughed constantly. Now I am distraught that I will have to wait for updates! Anyway, superb job, and I hope to see a heckuva lot more absinthe and some elephant carnage.

Edit: What is a crown from the gutter?
Thank you! :) I’ll try to keep the update rate reasonably high, though it’s bound to decrease once the next week sets in.

I dont wanna see the elephant killed
No one does. Elephants are noble and majestic creatures.

An event that fires for a country that gives them the Union.

For example, if Crown in the Gutter fires for Prussia, Germany is formed.
Additionally to what Sakura_F said, a crown from the gutter is referred to when the rabble proposes someone to be their ruler. This happened in Prussia around 1848, when Jacobin Rebels suggested a united Germany with prussian King as Emperor. But agreeing to that would have made him merely emperor by the peoples grace and not by the grace of god, so he ultimately refused. Thus accepting a "crown from the gutter" often also brings a penalty in prestige.
Yep, it also changes your government type to HM’s Government – usually a step up in political reforms when it happens.

This is really good so keep it coming.
Thanks, I will!

Duleep Singh, the real world dude, didn't die until 1893 in paris. So Dalip in this game can't die until either 1893, you conquer paris.....or both. Better hurry :p
Ah, but the historical Dalip didn’t become a reigning monarch who personally led a small army on an impromptu campaign to unify the Indian minors…

50: Bang!

Subcontinental50_bang.gif

I used spoilers to make sure the animated gif starts playing when the reader wants it to, instead of scrolling down the screen only to find it's halfway through.

I especially liked the absinthe inspired portions near the end.

Right through the head... don't fancy his chances.

Told ya!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That was awesome!