• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That's true. On the other hand, the soldier could always have misaimed.

Anyway, it's almost certainly Dalip. And I loved the holiday montage. Clearly very little shooting was involved in that war.

Quick question (in involves an idea I had for the next update): does this forum support spoiler tags or something equivalent, and if so what do they look like?

I don't know Selzro but dont spoil keep the suspense. But in most of them you respond commentary's from readers about the next update giving them a small hint. or in PM's

It does. They look like this:

Spoiler

so that would be [ spoiler]Spoiler[/spoiler], without the space between [ and "spoiler".

Ah, thanks Chilango2! And don't worry Kaisersohaib, I don't intend to post actual spoilers. My purposes are more... experimental.

Smart Alek analysis time!

Okay, so if the soldier shot Dalip... Dalip would probably have died/been mortally wounded, the elephant would have been startled and trampling everything in its path, including the British.

If the soldier shot Gunkaar, similar result, only Gunkaar would have died/mortally wounded.

If the soldier shot the elephant, elephant dies, if it rears backwards before it dies, it'd land on Dalip and Gunkaar, crushing them both.

If the soldier missed everything, elephant goes on a rampage, murdering everything in the general vicinity.

So... Hope the soldier missed. ;-)

So, the elephant, Dalip, or Gunkaar might be dead, but we cannot know for certain until we have observed the trajetory of the bullet. To, it has become Schrodinger's Elephant. Well played.

Well, if people want to go CSI on this ... :D

The only Brit in the bottom left square that has the gun barrel in the angle shown in the last square is the 2nd to the left ( the one in the top of those two that Selzro decided to cut out in half ). If he fired that gun in that angle, the only thing he can shoot is a very unlucky pigeon ;)

Anyway, with or without dead Dalip, I'm expecting a lot of elephant related Brit carnage :D

I am also worried about the elephant. When he is startled by the gunshot, Dalip may be knocked backwards or even fall off! This worries me.

Everyone is so worried about this elephant being startled- I don't get it, it's a war elephant, it doesn't startle. Gunshots just make it even more firm in its determination to destroy the enemies of Dalip

This AAR was easily the best one I have ever read. The only on that comes close is Avindians Descent into Maddness. I laughed constantly. Now I am distraught that I will have to wait for updates! Anyway, superb job, and I hope to see a heckuva lot more absinthe and some elephant carnage.

Edit: What is a crown from the gutter?

Last edited:
This AAR was easily the best one I have ever read. The only on that comes close is Avindians Descent into Maddness. I laughed constantly. Now I am distraught that I will have to wait for updates! Anyway, superb job, and I hope to see a heckuva lot more absinthe and some elephant carnage.

Edit: What is a crown from the gutter?

An event that fires for a country that gives them the Union.

For example, if Crown in the Gutter fires for Prussia, Germany is formed.