• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ah, nevermind. PDM's British pink blended with Spain's yellow.

It looks like Hamburg took France's color, France took the USA's, the Ottomans took Britain's, and Poland took Denmark's.

I changed Poland's color myself. I hated the light pink against Russia. Impossible to see borders. So I went in and changed it. Didn't change the checksum, so all is good.

Not in this game, it's part of the same state as Iceland so I'd have to take that too, and it's definately not in America. Though I guess it'd look better if I took it, I guess you can release Iceland in-game?

Greenland, Iceland and Faroe islands are all in the same state. All have cores you need to get Scandinavia if I recall correctly from my game as Sweden. From what I remember (been a month or two since I played Sweden) the strategy for winning with them is to kick Denmark's butt and grab them early before others do and then get a high manpower state overseas or you just cruise to the end of the game as an also ran power (maybe great power but not first four greats). Sweden is fun since they're research goes fast because of their high education level and they have good maritime borders. A strong Germany or Russia (or both) can make it painful for you in Europe though.

My first finished game/First post:

The Colossus of the North

4DE8489D8A68D67D5B3F4AF78456B7A7D3694B90

Now with more outback!
7DD5493CA5D9E0205F346E4DDAB79B3644913AD7

And finally, Balkanization because I can. Speaking of which, they really should have a Cascadia/Heartland/Great Lakes releasable nation.
9CB170EBD6927BE87C04081A3E10718EF523C60C

Mexico was suprisingly easy to get this game, and USCA was in the middle of a revolution so annexing them wasnt a problem, but you won't believe how long Canada took to get...

Anyway, going to try a game as either Iraq/Babylon or Sardinia/Italy

EDIT:Attempt #2

Last edited:
How do all you guys manage to get such big empires? I find the AI ally and gang up on me so I can never do something like conquer all of south america or north america. And then there's Badboy.

Last edited:
With the best military in the world, the AI wont touch you if you go over badboy.

I think there should be a "Coalition Wars" thing if your infamy/badboy goes upwards too much. Napoleon HAD the best miliatry score in its time, but the other countries fought against him like hell (unless he made them surrender). The thing is, those countries haven't fought Napoleon alone (well, sometimes Britain did)- they fought with wide Coalitions of almost all of the other GPs.

I think there should be a "Coalition Wars" thing if your infamy/badboy goes upwards too much. Napoleon HAD the best miliatry score in its time, but the other countries fought against him like hell (unless he made them surrender). The thing is, those countries haven't fought Napoleon alone (well, sometimes Britain did)- they fought with wide Coalitions of almost all of the other GPs.

In a week there should be one :).

When you can get Dreadnoughts, spam them, as Germany in my game, I managed to end up number one in the world even over a USA with massive industrialisation, even with the 3 CSA states, including several of their highest populated ones they could muster 1000 brigades mobilised and had an awesome industrial score.

Dreadnoughts really add to your score, which means other nations are very scared to attack you, so you can pick off others at will.

I finally decided to not bring this to an end. This is my game as Prussia > Greater Germany... and as I wasted nealry no diplomatic points after unifying (~1845) I should be able to do a world conquest.
But i just waited really long with attacking the UK and now (its 1894) I dont have any interest in that massive wars...

Game was played with 1.3, another point for stopping that cause 1.4 beta looks really attractive to me.

v24w.jpg

v2mapger1894481.jpg

And yeah, that the flag of the German Empire while Im a democracy...

Last edited:
I finally decided to not bring this to an end. This is my game as Prussia > Greater Germany... and as I wasted nealry no diplomatic points after unifying (~1845) I should be able to do a world conquest.
But i just waited really long with attacking the UK and now (its 1894) I dont have any interest in that massive wars...

Game was played with 1.3, another point for stopping that cause 1.4 beta looks really attractive to me.

v24w.jpg

v2mapger1894481.jpg

And yeah, that the flag of the German Empire while Im a democracy...

Ya, democracies use the default flag instead of the republic flag, and in situations like this it's kind of awkward.

The Rise and Fall of the German Empire

Europe in 1900. Russia released alot of countries in the late 1800s, all were in my sphere.
v27.png
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

The Census of my empire in 1900, I was using Age Of Colonialism, so the pops in my colonies stayed consistent and never assimilated:
v21.png

The Great Powers of 1900:
v28.png

The German Empire at its height:
V2_MAP_GER_1900313_3.jpg
[/IMG]

The World before all hell broke loose:
V2_MAP_GER_1900313_2.jpg
[/IMG]

The Great War:
Central Powers: Germany, Austria-Hungary, Italy, Egypt, Flanders, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Estonia, Japan, USA, Liberia, and Latvia

VS​

Allied Powers: France, United Kingdom, Russia, China, Netherlands, Spain, Wallonia, Columbia, Greece, Serbia, Mexico, and Krakow

v22y.png

The Central powers lost after several crushing defeats.

Europe after the Great War:
v25.png
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]ENTER