• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Recent game as belgium in 1.4 beta. Tried to play as a minor (Philipines) but that was no go because I couldn't build ANY military units.... pissed me off. When I was finally able to build infantry half the game was over.

In this game most of europe that I own is 30% japanese, some places in japan such as Yamaguchi is majority one of my cultures. All of japan + south korea is states plus I have NF for craftmen on most of those (all of japan). I am #4 and if the game were longer I would of caught up to the others on industry enough to be in the top 3. My military score and prestige are high.

Its silly that event hough all the dust indies were filled with rebels the whole game that it costs max infamy to take or they didn't rebel to form something. Took those prussian provinces + southern japan early game.

When I played as the netherlands it was a better game, if I did them instead I probably would own double the territory I do now.

Japan is probably one of the best uncivs to take. It is easy and there is high population along with profitable RGOs. I tried to take territory from france but I couldn't defeat them even though I had max tech and a larger military, I would make doom stacks and they would just die. Probably :wub: generals. I decided to take territory from Brazil instead.

belworld.bmp

belteri.bmp

68E54EF04CAA7D481D59A40AD8E59A30AD58E818

Interesting notes: I caused the NGC to never form, by invading Prussia as Krakow. YUGOSALVIA FORMED :DDDDD. I invaded a lot of Austria-Hungary, and eventually they got pan-nats. It just so happened that they lost their grip on the SGC, which annexed Austria. Hamburg somehow allotted a crapload of prestige and became a GP. Prussia invaded the SGC. They had it occupied for maybe 20 years. After the peace, Saxony got a bit of land, and pan nats spawned everywhere. Being that Prussia is a weaker power than Hamburg, the OPM annexed the SGC.

I had several revolutions, maybe 10. None of them I meant to happen, caused serious setbacks. Loved it.

Major commie nations: Ottomans, Poland, France, Italy, Netherlands, Denmark (Denmark would be forming a communist Scandinavia, however it seems it needs a jingoist government in order to form it, it has no jingoist governments available), as well as Greece.

Fascists haven't kicked in yet. So far, this patch has been one of my most enjoyable games in Victoria 2 yet.

Quick edit: Italy was formed by me via the political decision. They have been in the gutter ever since. Not even a secondary power.

This is with 1.4 and PDM mod. Not finished yet. This was a cross post from their feedback forum. Also, I think Hamburg will be forming Germany. Those are Pan-nats in Prussia.

68E54EF04CAA7D481D59A40AD8E59A30AD58E818

Interesting notes: I caused the NGC to never form, by invading Prussia as Krakow. YUGOSALVIA FORMED :DDDDD. I invaded a lot of Austria-Hungary, and eventually they got pan-nats. It just so happened that they lost their grip on the SGC, which annexed Austria. Hamburg somehow allotted a crapload of prestige and became a GP. Prussia invaded the SGC. They had it occupied for maybe 20 years. After the peace, Saxony got a bit of land, and pan nats spawned everywhere. Being that Prussia is a weaker power than Hamburg, the OPM annexed the SGC.

I had several revolutions, maybe 10. None of them I meant to happen, caused serious setbacks. Loved it.

Major commie nations: Ottomans, Poland, France, Italy, Netherlands, Denmark (Denmark would be forming a communist Scandinavia, however it seems it needs a jingoist government in order to form it, it has no jingoist governments available), as well as Greece.

Fascists haven't kicked in yet. So far, this patch has been one of my most enjoyable games in Victoria 2 yet.

Quick edit: Italy was formed by me via the political decision. They have been in the gutter ever since. Not even a secondary power.

This is with 1.4 and PDM mod. Not finished yet. This was a cross post from their feedback forum. Also, I think Hamburg will be forming Germany. Those are Pan-nats in Prussia.

who owns dalmatia? croatia?

also, which part of poland did you start out as?

Ah, nevermind. PDM's British pink blended with Spain's yellow.

It looks like Hamburg took France's color, France took the USA's, the Ottomans took Britain's, and Poland took Denmark's.

I did a little something with Texas. Wanted a game with a little more of a challenge. I had to stop playing because my people hate being the best country in the world or something and keep rebelling.
V2_6.jpg

Got a lucky alliance with USA and USCA to take on Mexico, i used my allies to smash their armies and cause revolts in their country. After that it was just a game of snatching off pieces of Mexico while waiting for the Civil war to roll around. I joined on the side of the confederacy and we won the war with me demanding much of western United States. After that i betrayed the confederacy and preceded to dominate North America. The British tried to contain me but they had few troops in NA so i liberated Canada from the English Tyrants over the course of a few world wars.

Last edited:
My PDM (1.3 patch) Persia game:

persiaworldmap.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

currently it's 1887 and i'm facing my first containment war. I have infamy around 50 or so. I had an alliance with UK and good relations for a long time, despite disregarding infamy sometime in the late 60's.... UK was fine with me raping the OE. It wasn't until i began a modest naval build up that i noticed UK broke their alliance, started lowering relations, and building up troops on my border.

The war has been a tough go. Russia (in UK's sphere) joined in, and France did as well. Other notables include Portugal, Siam, and all the Indian minors. somewhat luckily i had a truce with the OE (also in UK's sphere) so they didn't join in the containment war.

My allies weren't much help... Taipinguo white peaced out fairly quickly, but they weren't helping anyway. Kokand and bukhara tied up some british troops for a while, but they're out now too.

Situation on my eastern front:

v21w.jpg

Initially i took a deep defense strategy, lured UK into attacking me in the mountains of kalat and afghanistan and won a couple major battles that way. Meanwhile about a quarter million russians were flooding across the borders in the caucus, defended only by about 60-70k of my troops at the time. so once i eliminated some major UK stacks i had to divert my best armies back to the caucus. I made a mistake in trying to mount an offensive into afghanistan at the same time. Lost maybe 20 brigades that way, as the UK had more reserve stacks... go figure. After dealing with the Russians I was able to reinforce the east again and you can see we've reached something of a stalemate in the east. I'm considering another offensive into India, but my dedicated siege stacks are mostly in the caucus at the moment... Not sure how to proceed.

The western front:

v22m.jpg

I've eliminated Russian resistance, and what troops they have are now fighting the scandinavians i guess. I won many many major battles against the russians, so i'm hoping to knock them out of the war quickly by occupying provinces... but russia is huge so it's tough. russia is the #9 power currently... Some noteworthy things here are: I freed syria, lebanon, and jordan from the ottomans. Kurdistan freed itself during my occupation of the OE. however, iraqi nationalists subsequently took over northern iraq. but if you look closely, kurdistan still exists as a single tiny province between Syria and the OE.

Lebanon and Syria are still fighting. This is because France (and some others) added wargoals for annexing MY spherelings... so i had to launch a major operation in the levant to prevent any annexations. Russia France and the UK all had significant forces in the levant... it was a fairly large campaign and delayed my advance into the caucus significantly. but the area seems more or less safe now.

The colonies:

v23u.jpg

While Persia proper is more or less secure, my colonies are getting raped. by France in particular. I have no navy, and obviously face an insurmountable blockade anyway, so reinforcements will not be arriving. My meager garrison forces have been obliterated. above you see a french army working it's way down my african coast. below are french, portuguese and indian minor armies marching through my sphereling Atjeh and unopposed through johore. Muraleve and New Guinea are still ok though, and Muraleve even has a 15k garrison force. But in general the situation outside of Persia is pretty sad.

v24xo.jpg

I didn't take a picture of another of my allies, Greece, but it'd be much the same as Atjeh: large French and british armies are pillaging with no hope of being stopped.

v25q.jpg

My warscore has hovered between about 11 and 18.... can't get anyone to white peace. my war exhaustion is 100, and i've been staving off revolts with reforms every few months. though i imagine i'll have a big commy revolt sooner or later. which is worrisome given that about half my brigades are avowed communists. Might be in trouble... we'll see.

Last edited: