• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
  • 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
This just does remind me of my ongoing failure to catchup with Avalon. But such sadness aside, congratulations indeed @Midnite Duke !

• 1Love
Reactions:
Nicely done, @Midnite Duke. Now in the 4 timers club. :)

Congrats!

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Congratulations @Midnite Duke !

And I guess I must have forgotten to congratulate @streaker77 also. Congratulations to both of you!

Rensslaer

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Thanks, @streaker77 for this opportunity to nominate someone else for this award. No doubt someone will mention that we are keeping this inside the CK2 sub-forum, however, the writer I'm thinking about has not won this award in just about a year and he is due.

On top of that, he posted a new chapter just this week in his AAR which is headed toward its ending chapters. New chapters in this funny AAR are not a regular delight these days. They're something to be cherished. As I often prefer to nominate folks who have published something in the past week or so, that is also part of my reasoning.

So I nominate @Midnite Duke for his work on Avon Las Observes. Please, come and take a bow, @Midnite Duke .
@Chac1, thank you very much for this honor. While I only consider myself a mediocre writer, I do think that I am a good imaginer and I like to tumble down rabbit-holes which the developers of CK2 has provided many. For those who read my YAYA acceptance, I am to do another vignette to thank everyone who left congratulations with all but one having appeared in Avon. So when I refer to you by title, please know that I am thanking you for the congratulations and for allowing me to use you in Avon. I hope that @coz1 does not mind my vignettes. A big thank you to everyone and the developers.

• 5Like
Reactions:

Congrats @Midnite Duke well done my friend :)
This just does remind me of my ongoing failure to catchup with Avalon. But such sadness aside, congratulations indeed @Midnite Duke !
My warmest congratulations to @Midnite Duke !
Nicely done, @Midnite Duke. Now in the 4 timers club. :)

Congrats!
Congratulations, @Midnite Duke. Looks well deserved
Congratulations @Midnite Duke !

And I guess I must have forgotten to congratulate @streaker77 also. Congratulations to both of you!

Rensslaer
Many congratulations @Midnite Duke! Well deserved!
Captain @Chac1 gathered me up and we were off to the A ON DIN R (the neon v and e have burnt out) for the weekly meeting of the Wacky Amazing Avon Readers. One table had King @HistoryDude, Admiral @Bullfilter, Sir @El Pip and Dragonrider @Thaiga. I asked @Thaiga about Thunder and he replied that Thunder was helping Mel in the kitchen as the diner had run out of propane. The next table had Dr. @coz1, King @Rensslaer, Mayor @jak7139 and Lt. @Macavity116. Flo was serving meals with us only having to trade meals two or three times to get everything correct. Flo did make sure everyone got at least one business card for her nephew's insurance business. Someone unexpected came through the door and the sun gave him the appearance of him having a heavenly aura. I thought that I heard harps playing and angels singing for the Patron Saint of the Amazing Adventurous Readers, @Lord Durham had graced our presence. @Macavity116 was so startled that he rocked the jukebox that he was leaning against and a lonesome hillbilly fiddle started to play a haunting melody. Thank you everyone for everything that you do to make my life more enjoyable.

• 5Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
It is time for me to step out of the spotlight and rest in the shade. Dr. @coz1, I hope that you do not mind that I am choosing someone who last won nine months ago but he has started multiple AARs since then. Sir @El Pip, I hope that Little Bit can talk you off the ledge as I left the tangled family trees of CK land, but it is someone who has appeared in Avon (it would be hard work to find someone who has not).

I present @Nikolai to you as the Writer of the Week 11 March 2024. He currently has two Vicky 3 AARs, Dreams of Elysium and The Great War. (@El Pip, even if Vicky only happens in the best writing families within a month they will run out of active family members and venture to another stunted gene pool.)

Congratulations and thank you, @Nikolai and Mrs. Nikolai.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Reactions:
Someone unexpected came through the door and the sun gave him the appearance of him having a heavenly aura. I thought that I heard harps playing and angels singing for the Patron Saint of the Amazing Adventurous Readers, @Lord Durham had graced our presence. @Macavity116 was so startled that he rocked the jukebox that he was leaning against and a lonesome hillbilly fiddle started to play a haunting melody. Thank you everyone for everything that you do to make my life more enjoyable.

How heavenly, @Midnite Duke. Frankly, I thought my entrance would be more akin to Darth Vadar, with people whispering, "Oh crap. He's here. Hide the cutlery!" BTW, where do I sit?

Huge congrats to @Nikolai. Dreams of Elysium is a fun read.

• 2Like
  • 1Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Reactions:
Reactions:
Thank you kindly @Midnite Duke for the awAARd and @Wraith11B @Lord Durham @jak7139 @HistoryDude for the congratulations! :D I am so happy my AARs keep getting comments and reads year after year. As one wise man once said, comments are the life blood of AARland - and while the average numbers of comments have gone down over the years, there is still so many who reads, comments and drive me and other writAARs onwards. Thank you, all! :D

• 4Love
Reactions:
Congratulations (again!) @Nikolai !

Very well deserved, over and over again! I've been enjoying at least one of your AARs at all times ever since I came back last year, so you're keeping up some kind of crazy schedule. :D

Rensslaer

• 2Like
Reactions:
It is time (well, over time!) to give this awAARd onwards, and I had set my eyes on a couple people. But this last week I encountered a writAAR that has not - to my knowledge - won this awAARd before, and whose new story really hit me. It is a story set in Stellaris, following an Earth which is absolutely NOT properly united and it has been a well written and intriguing story so far. So I find it only proper to hand the WritAAR of the Week over to @Darknotez for their Nations of Steel: United Nations of Earth AAR Real Space/Cosmic Industry, a really intriguing read already! :D

• 3Like
  • 2Love
Reactions: