• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations!

A bit late but congrats from me as well!

Time for a successor, perhaps? :)

We'll give @Crimson Drakon until Sunday, then I'll open up the thread.

Once again, many thanks and it is due time to pass on the award!!

I would like to nominate @blklizard for his AAR Stranded - A Nuova Italia AAR.

Following the fate of the Nuovan Italians, who stranded after a storm at the island of Sumatra, blklizard has managed to make a story out of the notes and pictures of the game which Michaelangelo has played, which is even more admirable(if I have understood well, if not, I still like the AAR :p)! I especially like the brevity of the chapters which are to the point while in the meantime containing just enough details to intrigue the reader to read furthermore(and the especially interesting 'special' section with the Chinese Emperor). One can only imagine if the Italians actually landed at that corner of the Earth and elected Doges, vying to control the trade of the area!

Congratulations blklizard!! :)

A very well-deserved congratulations to blklizard! :)

And yes, you are correct that blklizard creates the plot entirely from point-form notes and screenshots that I send him. Seeing as I'm the one playing the game, I'm always quite impressed at what he comes up with from what I give him. I know what's going to happen, yet never how. It's a testament to blklizard's skill that he keeps even the player guessing.

Once again, many thanks and it is due time to pass on the award!!

I would like to nominate @blklizard for his AAR Stranded - A Nuova Italia AAR.

Following the fate of the Nuovan Italians, who stranded after a storm at the island of Sumatra, blklizard has managed to make a story out of the notes and pictures of the game which Michaelangelo has played, which is even more admirable(if I have understood well, if not, I still like the AAR :p)! I especially like the brevity of the chapters which are to the point while in the meantime containing just enough details to intrigue the reader to read furthermore(and the especially interesting 'special' section with the Chinese Emperor). One can only imagine if the Italians actually landed at that corner of the Earth and elected Doges, vying to control the trade of the area!

Congratulations blklizard!! :)

Thank you so much for the nomination. I'm truly honored. :) The only part I need to correct is that the "special" is actually about Ming which had collapsed and fractured into many states. I'm just trying to tell a story there before returning the main focus to Nuova Italia.

A very well-deserved congratulations to blklizard! :)

And yes, you are correct that blklizard creates the plot entirely from point-form notes and screenshots that I send him. Seeing as I'm the one playing the game, I'm always quite impressed at what he comes up with from what I give him. I know what's going to happen, yet never how. It's a testament to blklizard's skill that he keeps even the player guessing.

I'm humbled with those comments. I just like to try different approaches and your playstyle suits me quite well. To keep things interesting, I have to keep the player guessing too. :p

My congratulations!

Thank you very much!

Congratulations!

I'll make it official and open the thread up to nominations, per the winner's request.

In that case I'd like to nominate a new writer of AAR's here, @ShinWalks with his great AAR North Sea Empire: A Knytling AAR.

In it, he plays with the game CK2 from 1066 and onwards using the CK2Plus mod with an alternate history setting where the Knytling dynasty survived at the throne of Denmark. Each character, and so far king of Denmark, is roleplayed and Shinwalks ties nicely gameplay mechanics and events that happen into the story. So far he has managed to reclaim the kingdom of Norway and extend Danish rule into a bit of Pommerania, but it will be interestring to see if he ultimately manages to restore Cnut the Great's empire and make it survive through the centuries.

Reactions:
Congratulations!

In that case I'd like to nominate a new writer of AAR's here, @ShinWalks with his great AAR North Sea Empire: A Knytling AAR.

In it, he plays with the game CK2 from 1066 and onwards using the CK2Plus mod with an alternate history setting where the Knytling dynasty survived at the throne of Denmark. Each character, and so far king of Denmark, is roleplayed and Shinwalks ties nicely gameplay mechanics and events that happen into the story. So far he has managed to reclaim the kingdom of Norway and extend Danish rule into a bit of Pommerania, but it will be interestring to see if he ultimately manages to restore Cnut the Great's empire and make it survive through the centuries.
this would be a bit easy if you were danish guteland in wtwsms.

Holy whoa! Hahah I wasn't sure anyone was actually reading any of it ;-_-
Well, that is a big encouragement! Thank you truly, loup99, and I'm working on another update now. As I said in opening the AAR, I'm hoping to eventually play this story through EUIV, so wish me fortitude and perseverance! I'm hoping to retake England within a few generations, and then (with a little luck) lose it again!

Reactions: