Werewolf CCXLI: It's not dead, it just left five years ago to get smokes. It'll come back, I swear.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Out of character post: to be clear, all I've done is keep an eye on the thread through the day. I have no idea if Cliges has/hasn't posted elsewhere. I'd assume waiting to see what someone else says (or doesn't say) is legitimate. I reject the accusation of stalking.

In character:
Cliges' readiness to go right on the offensive makes me all the more suspicious.

Out of character post: to be clear, all I've done is keep an eye on the thread through the day. I have no idea if Cliges has/hasn't posted elsewhere. I'd assume waiting to see what someone else says (or doesn't say) is legitimate. I reject the accusation of stalking.

In character:
Cliges' readiness to go right on the offensive makes me all the more suspicious.

The post was the only post I made since the last one I made, so foiled again!

And my readiness to defend myself against your proposal to lynch me? Yeah, that's kind of how this is supposed to work. I call that defensiveness, which I think is the best offensiveness.

Vince Lombardi or someone said that.

It's quiet, too quiet. In the interest of spurring discussion, I'd like to ask the following five players to go on the record and state exactly why they all switched to HDK right before switching to Eusebio almost immediately after.

@madchemist
@Jacksonian Missionary
@Arkasas
@Sleepyhead
@Alexu
Why'd y'all decide to be super active for the first time in months right when I'm feeling lazy?

Vote Sleepyhead

Providing some pressure so asdfe's question gets answered.
My reason was this little thing called self preservation. I had no preference among those disrespecting my authoritah and went with the flow. If you want to look into switchers you should definitely look elsewhere.

I have limited time today so I’ll continue where I left off yesterday and
Vote Capage

2nd Day 3 Votecount
Day 3 Votecount: 2h 28m to deadline

Cliges: 4
De Chat [476]
Ironhide G1 [497]
MarcoRossolini [505]
Eternaly_Lost [519]

EURO: 4
Avernite [489]
Capage [480 LK -> 516]
Emperor Ike [517]
Claude LC [518]

Capage: 3
Chefjones [477]
LatinKaiser [479]
Sleepyhead [524

Emperor Ike: 2
Jopi [507]
beartjah [509]

LatinKaiser: 1
ramius [484]

Arkasas: 1
johho888 [475]

jeray: 1
madchemist [492]

madchemist: 1
AsdfeZxcas [498]

Capibara: 1
deathbywombat [499]

Sleepyhead: 1
jeray [503]

Claude LC: 1
the_hdk [504]

Not Voted: 12
EUROO7
Arkasas
Jacksonian Missionary
alxeu
alxeu [alderman]
Audren
Comm Cody
tamius23
aedan777
Wagonlitz
Cliges
MAWofdoom
Capibara*

Of the two frontrunners, Cliges seems by far the better candidate. Separate from whatever he and Marco are doing, his relatively light treatment from Panzer is definitely worthy of suspicion. Euro, on the other hand, still seems to be voted mostly for being Euro, and I especially dislike the current push towards him. I also like the cases on jeray and on Ike and wouldn't mind a switch onto either of them.

VOTE CLIGES

Of the two frontrunners, Cliges seems by far the better candidate. Separate from whatever he and Marco are doing, his relatively light treatment from Panzer is definitely worthy of suspicion. Euro, on the other hand, still seems to be voted mostly for being Euro, and I especially dislike the current push towards him. I also like the cases on jeray and on Ike and wouldn't mind a switch onto either of them.

VOTE CLIGES
If being Euro involves reducing the game of werewolf to a 5 minute timespan around deadline, then being Euro is more evil than being a wolf.

Eleven people haven't voted with less than two hours to go. I'm disappointed that sleepy is the only one of the five players to give me a straight answer on their involvement in the switch, which in my mind is the real story of D2.

Who haven't we discussed yet? Jacksonian Missionary. His only post of any substance so far is as follows:
Oh hey it's only day 2 and we are already seeing the required Wagonlitz bandwagon, good to know we are getting this quota out of the way. The pile onto him is lazy, just because our day 1 lynch target flipped villager doesn't mean we need to pile on him. And I don't think Wagon would be so open about saving a packmate considering he knows how easy of a lynch he is. I'm gonna vote a bandwagoner to start. Chefjones' vote to me stands out, I think he's new but man does it read like he's putting down an easy vote and slinking away.

Vote Chefjones
Which was a pretty easy vote considering he led nearly the whole day. He also hasn't answered for his part in the vote switch. If we assume it was because Eusebio was a zombie then at the very least we should hold him to the same standard and consider him a serious lynch candidate.

Unvote Madchemist
Vote Jacksonian

3rd Day 3 Votecount
Day 3 Votecount: 1h 14m to deadline

Cliges: 5
De Chat [476]
Ironhide G1 [497]
MarcoRossolini [505]
Eternaly_Lost [519]
Audren [526]

EURO: 4
Avernite [489]
Capage [480 LK -> 516]
Emperor Ike [517]
Claude LC [518]

Capage: 4
Chefjones [477]
LatinKaiser [479]
Sleepyhead [524]
Wagonlitz [529]

Emperor Ike: 2
Jopi [507]
beartjah [509]

LatinKaiser: 1
ramius [484]

Arkasas: 1
johho888 [475]

jeray: 1
madchemist [492]

Jacksonian Missionary: 1
AsdfeZxcas [498 MC -> 530]

Capibara: 1
deathbywombat [499]

Sleepyhead: 1
jeray [503]

Claude LC: 1
the_hdk [504]

Not Voted: 10
@EUROO7
@Arkasas
@Jacksonian Missionary
@alxeu
alxeu [alderman]
@Comm Cody
tamius23
aedan777
Cliges
MAWofdoom
Capibara*

Sorry, guys. Work, freelancing, family and pandemic aren't the best combination for playing WW. I'll try to vote until happycats finds a sub for me.

VOTE EURO

I can't help but

feel that we are being toyed with. Are all the veterans in a pack together?

Also, mobile posting is hard. That other post was supposed to be the start of this post but someone commented and the screen shifted.

Vote Capage

Capage is the only one of those contenders who's been embroiled in the burger business.

Vote switch anyone?

The leading vote recipients aren't good candidates, but we still have time to try it all again.

The lemmings of yesterday remain silent (but are mostly voted for Cabage, on spurious grounds, and joined by the Wagon, hmm...)

In the absence of an LK vote happening, I’ll instead switch my vote to a poster whose posts and behavior have been frankly bizarre. I don’t remember him being this.... hard to follow in previous games, this is obviously a psy act of some sort.

Unvote LK
VOTE CLIGES

That at least explains the no hunt.

I wonder if a EURO wolf would hunt Eusebio.
No, it was my plan to ignore him until he posted that he only joined the game to annoy me. If I was a wolf, I wouldn't hunt him. But somebody who knew who he really was might. I'd look at Cody and Cliges.
And then lynch him next day? It sounds cruel even for Euro.
Wasn't going to lynch him until he showed up to cause trouble.
Possibly. If EURO wants a player dead, chances are pretty decent that player will end up dead, one way or another. Definitely at least raises an eyebrow.
Agreed.
Hunting a new player on N1 is kinda bad form.
He's not new, he's The Gonzo, who birthed Werewolf onto these Paradox Forums a decade and a half ago.

*Sigh*, so many posts to go through with so limited time.

My first thoughts- why on earth did so many people just switch votes towards the end of the day? That was some pretty strong bandwagoning going on, and in the end a villager got lynched. Not that I'm entirely surprised, because we were unlikely to nag a wolf quite yet, but it's still a bit shocking to me at least. Lazy voting is lazy voting.

It's quiet, too quiet. In the interest of spurring discussion, I'd like to ask the following five players to go on the record and state exactly why they all switched to HDK right before switching to Eusebio almost immediately after.

Putting these two quotes together since they're related, even if they're about different aspects of what happened D2. Yesterday's votes were virtually stagnant - everyone agreed Chefjones was suspicious (deservedly so, but still) and put him in the lead, and while a couple other candidates jockeyed for position not much really happened. So we basically learned that lots of people would be OK with Chefjones dying, and not much else, and if we kept it that way that's all we'd have gotten out of the day.

Now perhaps Chefjones is a wolf, and that would have been a good outcome. But with everyone seemingly OK with lynching him, it felt a little less likely to me. So I looked for people who I might want to start a switch onto, saw things I didn't like from hdk and Cody on a very quick read, and tried to see if a switch would get traction - and it did very quickly. Maybe too easily, with a lot of hitherto silent people suddenly jumping on as well. So lots of people, including some who may be sketchy, apparently are OK with killing hdk - boom, that's information we didn't have before, and might make hdk less of a good lynch. So then I moved to Eusebio, who was not one of my picks but who seemed to have some traction as an alternate candidate, and who hadn't done anything to make me think well of him with his posts on the day. And by the time that switch happened, it was too late to do anything else (although I thought I still had two more minutes, since I didn't realize that my computer clock hadn't been properly synced up). I was pretty sure once I read Eusebio's last post that he was a villager, but we were already at deadline.

So there's the logic behind it, if you're interested. In the first couple days of the game my goal is to get information on as many players as possible and hopefully luck into lynching a wolf while I'm at it. The latter hasn't happened yet, but all the same I don't think it's been entirely unproductive, and as we learn more about the allegiance of other players the picture should become clearer than it would have been in the absence of the switch.